Thread: Events that never happen unless you do them yourself

Icon9 Events that never happen unless you do them yourself

This is for any Paradox game so some of you will have more experience in certain games may have the knowledge of what can and can't happen in them.

This is somewhat negative because unpredictability and huge diversions from history is one of Paradox Games best features.

CK2:
    Powerful nation states (Charlemagne only): After the Carolingian Empire dissolves, the map becomes as disjointed and as crazy as a Hong Kong street map. The thing is, the Karlings fight each other over little scraps but nobody is able to replace them because they still team up against foreign threats.

Falkir: Unless you play as a Viking and make the old ways permanent, there will not be a Falkir. They just don't get strong enough on their own, but it's mostly because one of their holy sites is in the heart of the HRE. It isn't uncommon to see Norwegian kings rule England though.

Judean empire: Never seen it happen. Probably hard to do on your own too.

Republics: Honestly I've never seen them change the game all that much. They're annoying to deal with sometimes but that's it.

HoI series:
    France puts up good defense: I only guess that Germany is so OP in the beginning is because AI can't replicate the genius of early campaigns.

Unholy Alliance:
    One of the most fearful things that could ever happen (if you are allies or minor power) and it never happens and if it does, it expires immediately. I wish a better strategic game about WW2 would make this a hypothetical scenario.

Default Re: Events that never happen unless you do them yourself

The maratha confedracy only appears if you are religiously intolerant as the mughal empire .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

White Bishop's Avatar Foederatus

Maharatas actually appeared in my latest EU4 campaign due to being released from the Bahmanis by Delhi. They grew quite nicely.

Judean empire is the only one of these I have never seen happen, mainly due to Khazaria being completely and utterly incompetent and the other jewish people being stuck in Ethiopia.

Mongol empire: I have never seen them, in the latest patches, not running out of steam in the middle of the steppes and turning christian or sunni. It really takes away the fear of this events.

I completely agree with Bishop

Foederatus

I've yet to see a League war actually fire, and I've actually saw the Unholy Alliance fire and survive as Italy. Not fun at all.