Thread: Help wanted!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Help wanted!

Hey guys!

I need a helping hand regarding campaign map development. Specifically someone who knows a lot about the economy of the civil war. You do not need any modding skills, but experience with playing Fall of the Samurai, creativity and a sense of what would be useful for the game and what not.

Your tasks would be:
    • researching all aspects of the civil war economy (important resources, trade, arsenals (!) etc)
    • developing building chains (cotton_farm_level_1; cotton_farm_level_2; etc.)
    • creating a location map, so i know where I have to place important resources, arsenals and firms
    • and probably some more which i don't know yet.

For application send me an pm and tell me a bit about yourself and why you want to help!

Greetings

Primergy

Default Re: Help wanted!

I can start off by saying some of the richest cities were cities such as Vicksburg and Memphis, since that's were most of the cotton trading field went on along the MS river. I can also say that the CSA had a big issue with inflation, printing to much money, on top of the notorious Samuel Curtis Upham, a Union counterfeiter that got a hold of Confederate money and started making tons of copies to inflate the CSA's economy.

Here is another good bit of information, that includes inflation rates, and where the two countries got their funds: http://www.history.com/civil-war-150...ng-for-the-war

Hope this information helps, and keep up the good work!

Thats indeed an interesting episode, might implement it

Here also my first thoughts about the building and resource system in NaS II. A main idea by me is to have certain dependencies. You need the "equipment" resource to be able to recruit infantry units and iron works to produce artillery pieces for example.

Last edited by Primergy; March 08, 2016 at 01:22 PM.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    C'mon Nord, you give Prim a link to History channel? The most historically INACCURATE tv channel?

Prim, try this website. Go to the education tab, there are some useful links there, not much about economy per say, but maybe enough to lead you in the right direction.

http://www.civilwar.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    C'mon Nord, you give Prim a link to History channel? The most historically INACCURATE tv channel?

Prim, try this website. Go to the education tab, there are some useful links there, not much about economy per say, but maybe enough to lead you in the right direction.

http://www.civilwar.org/
    I sense an obvious amount of ignorance. I am aware of History Channel being untrustworthy, but if you actually take your time and read, he asked about the economy. That is the only trust worthy source on the internet for that exact info. If you are going to be such a prick, find books and specific articles that describe the economy, otherwise stay away from me, I'm familiar with the things you post on other threads.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    you are such a prick, stay away from me
    Oh okay " tough guy!" Please forgive me, tough guy, for intruding in to your brilliance.

Well i hoped that some has already some good understanding of the things like where the south had iron and coal mines and important iron works and some ideas how the building tree could look like, but obviously i have to do it myself again

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Thats indeed an interesting episode, might implement it

Here also my first thoughts about the building and resource system in NaS II. A main idea by me is to have certain dependencies. You need the "equipment" resource to be able to recruit infantry units and iron works to produce artillery pieces for example.

Wow that is very complex and ambitious, I love it! I think that would be a great idea, so the player can have a dynamic play-through on how they want to proceed economically.

yeah, i also hope that it makes the confeds as vulnerable as in rl. If you have only 2 iron works those become very vital!

nonopo's Avatar Libertus

I'd had "horses"