Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 21]

What happens when I confederate with another faction? Will pop classes be taken over or will they be labeled as foreigners?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 21]

Looks like I found one severe and some minor bugs in 0.6

- Severe: Around round 91 I had two turns peace offered by a faction (Scordisci). Accepted and they instantly declared war again. On each turn one of my agents defected in Illyria. Should I upload a save, as I never encountered this bug before?

Submods

[experimental] experimental_recruitment by Flashheart07
    [official]DeIReducedUpkeepCost
    [official]NoPOGarrison
    [official]Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI

- minor: units do not replenish or at least do not show replenishment icons in regions where they should based on local population. Sometimes they do one turn later, sometimes not.

- minor: My thinking of auxiliaries from Italy was wrong. They are recruited from the same classes as Roman troops, e.g. particii for cavalry, plebs for principes. No way to extend your recruitment pool this way in Italy and basically only worth the superior Socii cavalry. This makes one unit worth recruiting for building auxiliary barracks in Italy without extending your recruitment pool in any way.

We havent edited any diplomacy settings so its just a weird occurrence.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We havent edited any diplomacy settings so its just a weird occurrence.
    Cheers for the quick feedback once more. This is good to know.

I could not replicate the bug on 2nd turn after switching to 0.7, so this likely seems to be an odd one. Also I noted odd diplomacy appears quite frequently when using very hard campaign settings, so this might be the source of problems here.

Yes AI is much more likely to declare war at those settings I think. Also, when you increase those variables (like in the DeI Hardcore submod) you may get some odd behavior like that in certain campaign situations.

Is this Beta currently good for multiplayer, or can I only play with it on singleplayer?

One thing you may note during playing: plan carefully on numbers of noble units. I just found some regions in Italia where I cannot replenish elite units due to a lack of patricii. Also this may drain your economy slowly (if the economical effects are working as intended?). The best advice seems to be not to recruit more elite units than you can sustain in the long run and stop disbanding them in peace.

So, even in Italia you are now forced to maintain your manpower pool, also you need to build many more barracks in new provinces in order to increase 1st and 2nd class population for recruitment and replenishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    One thing you may note during playing: plan carefully on numbers of noble units. I just found some regions in Italia where I cannot replenish elite units due to a lack of patricii. Also this may drain your economy slowly (if the economical effects are working as intended?). The best advice seems to be not to recruit more elite units than you can sustain in the long run and stop disbanding them in peace.

So, even in Italia you are now forced to maintain your manpower pool, also you need to build many more barracks in new provinces in order to increase 1st and 2nd class population for recruitment and replenishment.
    If you disband a unit, it should feed back into the population pool - so I'd actually suggest disbanding at peace time, to increase growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shadowscar View Post
    Is this Beta currently good for multiplayer, or can I only play with it on singleplayer?
    It should work in MP,but I'm not sure if any new mechanics have been added that aren't synced yet.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    If you disband a unit, it should feed back into the population pool - so I'd actually suggest disbanding at peace time, to increase growth.
    Thank you very much, this is extremely valuable information.

Regarding 0.7: I get a number of C++ runtime errors which seem new.

Do you mean crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Do you mean crashes?
    Yes, crashes and several with explicit C++ runtime error messages. Most on AI round finishing.

Also a lot of crashes in my case post-0.7 update.
    One of crash in pre-0.7 occurred when I open diplomacy panel and it show the wrong treasury information

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Amras89 View Post
    Also a lot of crashes in my case post-0.7 update.
    One of crash in pre-0.7 occurred when I open diplomacy panel and it show the wrong treasury information
    What do you mean by wrong treasury information ?

can you upload a save game ? When does the crash occur ? During the AI turn cycle or during your turn ?
    Last edited by Litharion; March 22, 2016 at 07:48 AM.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Thank you very much, this is extremely valuable information.

Regarding 0.7: I get a number of C++ runtime errors which seem new.
    Same as above, could you provide a save game please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    What do you mean by wrong treasury information ?

can you upload a save game ? When does the crash occur ? During the AI turn cycle or during your turn ?
    I do not have a savegame when the diplomat error occur and I cant remember which faction i was playing.
    This one with crashing when I open diplomat panel doing my turn. Before It crashed I noted the numbers, as you can see a exempel in the uploading snapshot, do not match what I real have in my treasury

The savegame file down here is the lastest savegame file when the crash happen doing the end of AI's turn but do not have something to do with the error above.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb...auto_save.save

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Same as above, could you provide a save game please ?
    NP, here you go. This one did not crash on round end, it crashed on a spy move.

0.7 crash_auto_save.rar

ed: Submods

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[official]NoPOGarrison
    Last edited by Matt Slow; March 22, 2016 at 08:55 AM.

I have tried to do 3 campaigns with Carthage and 1 with Armenia but after a certain numbers of turns (between 8 and 15) at the end of AI turn the game crashes.
    I use other submod like carthaginian scutum, english translation, morse skill for agents and admirals.
    Thanks for your work, it's amazing!

Another autosave from a crash round. After loading I could not get the Legio VI out of patrol stance.

patrol_bug_auto_save.rar

Same submods

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [official]NoPOGarrison

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

"Various unit stat fixes and changes - thanks to thomas_r for the list! Still more to do here but its a start."

I promise if I get time I will continue
    But Im glad that it helped

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_r View Post
    "Various unit stat fixes and changes - thanks to thomas_r for the list! Still more to do here but its a start."

I promise if I get time I will continue
    But Im glad that it helped
    Its your job as beta tester. Now work