Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 15]

@Amras89 after testing all day today I can only conclude that somehow the minimum bonus is not longer being applied in your campaign for some reason. It seems to work in a new campaign when I test it, but somehow it has stopped in yours. I will keep trying to figure it out.

@Tyso sounds like a bug with the system then, they should be replenishing in your region I believe. I am pretty sure an army can't replenish if any of their units are out of manpower in that area though.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 17, 2016 at 07:20 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 18]

Update 0.6 (save compatible)
    - Fixed minimum population bonuses not functioning after awhile in certain campaigns.
    - Fixed population class names for DLC campaign factions.
    - Altered modifiers for population decrease based on total population.
    - Altered modifiers for when bonus will be applied to a minimum population level.
    - Fixed and standardized building population effects for minor and major town variants.
    - Further refined and condensed building effect texts.
    - Various script fixes.
    - New Population Systems guide can be found here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14904660 . Thanks to Magnar for letting me use his vanilla guide as a base.

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 18]

Thanks. You guys are awesome.

Salve! May i have found one ui bug. Now im playing with rome and neapolis don't have region information exept the vessuvius info. 2nd when im using edict in italia rome's region information replacing with the edict description. Is a bug or not? Btw nice mod.

Hi! I have a question: since this version will include People of Rome 2, maybe this mod will also be compatible? Because it looks really good: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=642966894

I'm not saying it has to be bundled in DeI, but as an optional it would be nice

Interesting idea. I am not sure how realistic faction wide buffs are for "trust," given each region and people may respond differently in a large empire. That is sort of what the culture and population system are about, since there are various modifiers based on different population levels in various regions.

Something to think about, though! Sounds like it has some very cool ideas and qualities to the mod.

Yes I was thinking the same. It would be more interesting / realistic if it could be done on a per region basis

I would like to give this a go. Is there any chance to run 1.15 with my current set of submods which I really liked for immersion?

[experimental] experimental_recruitment by Flashheart07
    [official]DeIReducedUpkeepCost
    [official]NoPOGarrison
    [official]Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    Hi! I have a question: since this version will include People of Rome 2, maybe this mod will also be compatible? Because it looks really good: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=642966894

I wish we could have something like this instead of the current broken, non-sensical political "system"!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    I would like to give this a go. Is there any chance to run 1.15 with my current set of submods which I really liked for immersion?

[experimental] experimental_recruitment by Flashheart07
    [official]DeIReducedUpkeepCost
    [official]NoPOGarrison
    [official]Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI
    Maybe this is answered now: after 9 turns it seems to run really well. Using VH campaign/normal battle all going well so far.

It seems there is no influence of happiness on population growth. Is there any option to add this?

Those submods should be fine. Public order does affect growth, it could be that in some regions it isn't listed as there is a limit in the UI. Or, at least it should be affecting it. You can see the various factors in the manual - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14904660

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Those submods should be fine. Public order does affect growth, it could be that in some regions it isn't listed as there is a limit in the UI. Or, at least it should be affecting it. You can see the various factors in the manual - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14904660
    It seems to affect overall growth, but there is no influence on the growth rates shown in the new population menue. Is this represented in a different way?

It may not list it when its positive. It does list it for me though -

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It may not list it when its positive. It does list it for me though -

For some reasons I cannot see it in the capital, but in a province:

Also there seem some graphical flaws

I noted in VH campaign mode there seems to be a negative development of population by default, even with maxed out food production bonus. Not totally sure if you can counter this via technology, but this could cause some problems in the long run?

The effect on campaigns seems promising. Right now it's sometimes hard to tell why you cannot reinforce troops (e.g. weather, lack of local population?) but definitely hasty roll-over campaigns will soon halt as you cannot reinforce your troops any more.

Hope this helps.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hello,

First of all - thanks for this marvellous mod to the DeI team! You're the only reason I have bought this game and I'm playing it.

Second, some observations from my Makedon campaign:
    A) population is constantly diminishing despite having food surplus, max public order, own culture etc. After the recent upgrades (0.5 and 0.6) the situation in the capitals (Pella and Pulpudeva) stabilized and they do grow - but very slowly, despite the regions being "Very sparsely populated".
    B) I cannot find the negative consequence of my regions being "Very sparsely populated" - where is that 30% fine?
    C) I cannot find negative Public Order consequences of having more than 50% foreign population (they're 75k out of 125k). Under which heading should it appear in the summary? (Cultural Difference? Taxes? Characters? Event?).
    D) I also experience graphical flaw shown by Matt Slow.

Third, I have few questions concerning the population system:

I. Immigration: what is the relationship between immigration numbers and population growth of a region - I assume that total population growth in a province is a sum of a innate population growth (factors are listed in the manual) and net immigration from the region and the neighbouring regions?

II. Income and classes:
    II.a) where can I learn more about the sentence from the manual: "Various buildings give bonuses to specific class growth, depending on the building type." - I'd like to know which buildings give which bonuses;
    II.b) similarily, " The noble's % determines the management of the rural areas and gives a buff or debuff to agriculture income depending on if it is higher or lower than the ideal %" - how can I learn the how much my farm income increases if there are, say, 10% of Nobles in a region. And is there such an effect? I cannot detect it.

III. Total population and building slots and income
    III.a) are there effects for the economy from decreased population (let's assume that the decrease is %%equall in all population classes)? In other words, is there a difference in the income if a region's population drops, say, from 30k to 10k? My Pella region dropped from 40k to 30k people, but there's hardly any effect on the income.
    III.b) similarly, is there a difference for your income if you have 20k population in a region with 2 slots for buildings used, and if you have 20k population in a region with 4 slots for buildings used? It would be logical, if there'd be an effect: not enough people for rearing cattle and farming the soil.

IV. Where can I find information about the effects of these 4 types of regions: Heartland, Provincial, Colonial, Subject? Again, I cannot detect any effect of it, and it's not described in the manual.

V. Where can I find information about the effects of a region being "Sparsely populated" and "Very .." and "Extremely..". (as above)

And thanks again for your modding work!
    Jurand

Salve!

IV. You need to move your cursor to the 3 people icon for further information about the regions population. you can find the icon at the left side of the growth numbers.

V. You can find infos on the province details. (left down side of the screen ner the weather and wonder effects)

II. probably check the income. I have more tha 50% bonus on the farming, and i have more than 10.000 patrici, so i think this feature works well.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldar View Post
    Salve!

IV. You need to move your cursor to the 3 people icon for further information about the regions population. you can find the icon at the left side of the growth numbers.

V. You can find infos on the province details. (left down side of the screen ner the weather and wonder effects)

II. probably check the income. I have more tha 50% bonus on the farming, and i have more than 10.000 patrici, so i think this feature works well.
    Hi Scaldar
    thanks for the answers. I think I haven't been precise:

ad. IV - The 3-people-icon contains info for immigration movements (green +, red -). What I'm asking is the relation to the 4 types of regions: Heartland, Provincial, Colonial, Subject (i.e. level of administrative control over the region) to the income. As stated in the manual it should result in the "modifier to subsistence income". In my campaign I have in every region (irrespectively of the number of foreigners - both in the new conquered regions and also in my capital) the words: "Heartland: [Foreigners]" and "Subsistance Income: +20%". I don't see the impact on Subsistance, though. So my guess is: this feature is not working yet. Indeed, it should 1.) vary depending on the "Foreigners" share, 2.) Give boni/mali to income.
    But you are right, I can see that modifier (20% for Heartland).

ad. V. Unfortunately, in my game there are absolutely no infos bout the effects of a region being "Sparsely populated". I started a new game with the most recent version (0.6, DeI 1.15), and still there are absolutely no info.

ad. II - I don't see any results on the income. Especiall adverse ones. It's why I've asked about the information on the results - maybe they are from the other buidlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post

Huh.

That looks like a very good mod to add some more depth.

I'll definitely be giving it a try when I get some time off.

A) population is constantly diminishing despite having food surplus, max public order, own culture etc. After the recent upgrades (0.5 and 0.6) the situation in the capitals (Pella and Pulpudeva) stabilized and they do grow - but very slowly, despite the regions being "Very sparsely populated".

We definitely have to keep working on the growth situation, but from my tests after the last update you should get growth fairly easily in happy/cultured lands. The minimum bonus should also work, so that certain populations don't fall too low for long. Perhaps I need to bump that minimum up even further. The problem is that since the growth is based on percentages, if it gets very low they are very slow to recover. I have to also try to balance around the fact that buildings add to growth also. The negatives to population in base growth is a mechanic that slowly adds negatives to populations that get higher in size relative to total population.

B) I cannot find the negative consequence of my regions being "Very sparsely populated" - where is that 30% fine?

It is probably applied to the income in between turns, possibly not represented in the UI. Either that or this feature is not yet fully functioning, I would have to ask Magnar.

C) I cannot find negative Public Order consequences of having more than 50% foreign population (they're 75k out of 125k). Under which heading should it appear in the summary? (Cultural Difference? Taxes? Characters? Event?).

It is also possible this isn't in the UI either, since getting that into the UI is something you have to add layers for, like our public order from garrisoning troops.

D) I also experience graphical flaw shown by Matt Slow.

I have had these a few times, I think it comes from editing the UI in a way that the game doesn't expect. Usually when I reclick on a city it fixes it.

Third, I have few questions concerning the population system:

I. Immigration: what is the relationship between immigration numbers and population growth of a region - I assume that total population growth in a province is a sum of a innate population growth (factors are listed in the manual) and net immigration from the region and the neighbouring regions?

From my understanding, immigration is separate from growth. But, both together will determine how much a population grows or shrinks between turns. They also rely on similar variables to determine their value (like faction capital, etc).

II. Income and classes:
    II.a) where can I learn more about the sentence from the manual: "Various buildings give bonuses to specific class growth, depending on the building type." - I'd like to know which buildings give which bonuses;

Since we are still finalizing some of these effects, its a work in progress. But, right now we don't have a full list of the effects. The best way is to simply look at the building, because whatever it gives initially will usually be the same as it does at higher tiers, just at a higher percentage.

II.b) similarily, " The noble's % determines the management of the rural areas and gives a buff or debuff to agriculture income depending on if it is higher or lower than the ideal %" - how can I learn the how much my farm income increases if there are, say, 10% of Nobles in a region. And is there such an effect? I cannot detect it.

Its possible, once again, that it isn't in the UI part of income but, rather, applied between turns. You could also be right that these heartland, etc features aren't fully functional yet. Once again I would have to ask Magnar.

III. Total population and building slots and income
    III.a) are there effects for the economy from decreased population (let's assume that the decrease is %%equall in all population classes)? In other words, is there a difference in the income if a region's population drops, say, from 30k to 10k? My Pella region dropped from 40k to 30k people, but there's hardly any effect on the income.

My understanding is that its ratio not size that determines economic impact.

III.b) similarly, is there a difference for your income if you have 20k population in a region with 2 slots for buildings used, and if you have 20k population in a region with 4 slots for buildings used? It would be logical, if there'd be an effect: not enough people for rearing cattle and farming the soil.

Not that I know of.

IV. Where can I find information about the effects of these 4 types of regions: Heartland, Provincial, Colonial, Subject? Again, I cannot detect any effect of it, and it's not described in the manual.

They are listed under the Immigration panel at the bottom. Usually the effect is listed with it. If it isn't we need to change that.

V. Where can I find information about the effects of a region being "Sparsely populated" and "Very .." and "Extremely..". (as above)

Same as above, but I think some of these effects aren't currently listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    For some reasons I cannot see it in the capital, but in a province:

I noted in VH campaign mode there seems to be a negative development of population by default, even with maxed out food production bonus. Not totally sure if you can counter this via technology, but this could cause some problems in the long run?

The effect on campaigns seems promising. Right now it's sometimes hard to tell why you cannot reinforce troops (e.g. weather, lack of local population?) but definitely hasty roll-over campaigns will soon halt as you cannot reinforce your troops any more.

Hope this helps.
    I think its possible the effect is either not applied in capitals or the UI doesn't display it. Since it has a province capital setting, it may use that slot.

I am considering removing all difficulty effects for now because it is really hard to balance this itself, much less than with multiple difficulty tiers.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 20, 2016 at 03:28 PM.

Regional negativ industry effect.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]