Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 12]

Are the slaving population added to any of the 4 categories in regions?
    For example playing as sparta have the options to recruit helots from commoners population but in reality helots were slaves. So for example if i win a battle and decide to enslave people, besides the benefits or drawbacks for increasing slave population does it added on commoners population so i could keep a normal population for commoners?

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 12]

@Amras Thanks for the feedback. Right now the provincial capital growth isn't working properly due to an improper setting for the superchain. We also want to make sure that 3rd class is the one that easily increases while the 1st isn't. So changes need to be made there for sure. Did the crash happen on an AI turn or during your turn?

@Boulcan Unfortunately the slaving mechanic doesn't come into play, I am not sure that is something that can be changed or not due to its hardcoded nature. With Sparta we wanted to do something interesting and different so that is why they are set that way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Amras Thanks for the feedback. Right now the provincial capital growth isn't working properly due to an improper setting for the superchain. We also want to make sure that 3rd class is the one that easily increases while the 1st isn't. So changes need to be made there for sure. Did the crash happen on an AI turn or during your turn?
    The first cash happen on an AI turn and the second cash happen on my turn

Is @PoR2_DeI.pack standalone? or I need the two main packs as well? And if yes is this the right order?

mod "@PoR2_DeI.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_1.pack";
    mod "_divide_et_impera_release_2.pack";

You need both main packs, and yes, that's the right order.

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 15]

Update 0.5 (save compatible)
    - Decreased base growth levels for first class (nobles).
    - Increased base growth and other growth modifiers for 3rd class.
    - Fixed provincial capital modifiers not working properly.
    - Changed difficulty modifiers so that only Easy, Very hard and Legendary affect population growth.
    - Increased population decrease threshhold to 15,000 for an individual class (point at which a negative starts to be applied) - negative 1% per 15,000.
    - Fixed vanilla bug for trait, ancillary and experience triggering from critical successes.
    - Changed AOR Tarusci Axemen to class 3.
    - Removed old Goidilic Berserkers merc unit from grand campaign (new campaign only).
    - Increased negatives to population growth from not having majority culture.

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 15]

I noticed the following problems while playing as Taksashila.
    -Canceling a unit recruitment does not refund the population.
    -Taksashila shows Baktria as a trade partner in the Trade & Finance window, but not in the diplomacy screen. Taksashila continues to profit from this trade even if you go to war, and the trade only cancels when Baktria loses all of its territory.This may have to do with the Baktria map glitch.

The trade agreement is a different issue, something that will be fixed when we redo the startpos for 1.2.

I am not sure there is anything we can do about refunding when recruitment is cancelled, that may be a thing we have to live with. Litharion would know more.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

The supply system bug with African/Arab factions remains unfixed. African or Arab transport fleets suffers attrition (also can't build supply ships) although they are of nomadic type supply system. Quite serious when you try to take out island settlements.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The trade agreement is a different issue, something that will be fixed when we redo the startpos for 1.2.

I am not sure there is anything we can do about refunding when recruitment is cancelled, that may be a thing we have to live with. Litharion would know more.
    The code which handles refunding when recruitment is cancelled is something I worked on, and works for me. As far as I know, it should work in P++ too.

Quote Originally Posted by NavLM View Post
    I noticed the following problems while playing as Taksashila.
    -Canceling a unit recruitment does not refund the population.
    Any further information? Can you provide a game save? When did the issue occur - after loading a save, after a general died, etc?
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitexs View Post
    The supply system bug with African/Arab factions remains unfixed. African or Arab transport fleets suffers attrition (also can't build supply ships) although they are of nomadic type supply system. Quite serious when you try to take out island settlements.
    Thanks for the reminder... this will be fixed with another update. There are still some fixes like this left for the supply system.

A other feedback:

I played the Athena and after 30 turns in a Peloponnesian style war, the whole Hellas and Macedonian conquered.
    Well because of the Greek armies (both my and enemies) are heavy based on the citizen class, after the war I have empty the citizen pool and I cant build a new army up before a long time.
    That is a bit unbalanced specialty if I became attacked by Illyrians or Thracians I could risk to be steamroll by them without a chance to answer.

All Greek troppes recruited from the citizen poll exempt militia, levies and skirmishers as recruited from the Neodamodeis class
    I think the factions with armies heavy base on one or two class, like Parthia and Athena, should get replace the class pool faster.

I did also noted sometime I recruited the neodamodeis base troppes from the citizen pool. It may be a bug

EDIT 1: Now did I get a other crash doing my turn for a short time ago as I wrote this post

EDIT 2: What do we use the Freedmen and Metics class for? I have in Athena 50.000 peoples from the Freedmen class but no troppers to recruit from.

EDIT 3: Now 20 turns after I have the Hellas and Macedonian provinces I still do not have enough citizen to recruit from. Instead I posted how much population I have, you can check it out at this savegame file. This is not fun to play a greek faction without their core troppers

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3...nic_World.save
    Last edited by Amras89; March 17, 2016 at 03:41 AM.

A lot of the greeks are setup at use 1st and 2nd class as is realistic, but it definitely puts them in a bind where they may have to rely more on AOR, Merc or levy troops at times. I am sure we may need to balance this further, but the idea is that they have those restrictions that will make some of their campaigns more difficult. That is sort of the idea behind the whole system, that certain classes have to be limited.

I think the Greek factions may need a little help in that area. Sparta is even harsher if I remember correctly. Maybe we can change some of their buildings to be more 2nd class increases. I am pretty sure their barracks already does that.

Edit: So some units you should be able to recruit from 3rd class include Levies of multiple types, ranged units, Militia/native hoplites, etc. Units like that.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 17, 2016 at 02:10 PM.

Yeah I do like the idea of the People of Rome.
    A other thing we need to do with the Greeks are the naval..
    All of navy units recruited from the citizen class pool and the only ship I can recruit when the pool is empty is the supply ship.
    So I have a merchenaris fleet now? That seems unrealistic for Athena.
    Maybe the navy unit should be recruited from Freedmen?

One thing I noticed in your save is that you are at negative food, which is really really bad for growth. If you stop taxing one province (like thrace) it will immediately put you into the positive.

Also it seems like the minimum growth bonus isn't working or isn't working how I have it setup. It should give a large bump when a population gets below a certain number. Since the system is based on percentages, if a certain class gets really low its going to be almost impossible to get them back up. I think that is what has happened with the 2nd class in your game. I will work on seeing if I can alter the minimum settings so that can be fixed.

I know when Augustusng made changes to the Greeks from our vanilla settings we thought there may be some issues because they are all indeed set to be 1 or 2 for most of the core and elite units. Perhaps we will have to revisit that.

Yep, I may have made it too difficult for Sparta. Most good Greek units come from class 2 - all Spartan "Spartiate" units come from class 1 for them. I don't think it's really an issue for the Greeks in general though - I think some barbarian factions have it even more difficult. The Romans probably have the easiest time with the population system, especially after Marian reforms.

I wouldn't change the unit assignments, but maybe we need a better way to increase population class 1 and 2.

It seems the minimum bonus isn't working somehow. The code looks right so I will have to ask Magnar if he knows. It should work like this - population class 2 drops below X amount, Y amount is added to them to help. Since its all percentage base, if you get one pop too low there is almost no way to come back without a minimum bonus. I am not sure why its not working properly.

I love the new features with the exception of replenishment. i cant for the life of me work out when it works and when it doesnt.

Obviously in newly conquered territories i cannot replenish. It makes sense. But even if i march my armies back to rome (which has a booming economy and lots of population) they STILL will not replenish (even the itallic troops).

Any ideas dresden?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    I love the new features with the exception of replenishment. i cant for the life of me work out when it works and when it doesnt.

Obviously in newly conquered territories i cannot replenish. It makes sense. But even if i march my armies back to rome (which has a booming economy and lots of population) they STILL will not replenish (even the itallic troops).
    Any ideas dresden?
    replenishment is updated at turn start and end. The army in rome will replenish.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    replenishment is updated at turn start and end. The army in rome will replenish.

Does it have to be IN THE CITY? Because ive had my army there 10+ turns and no replenishment.