Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Default Re: People of Rome 2 - Divide et Impera Beta Release [Updated March 11]

Please correct me, because I am quite confused..Did you not say, that this manpower mode will be added to DeI after some extensive time? So is it implemented in DeI or not? and if not, how to do it? thanks fo clearing this up for me.

It will be. Currently it's in beta. If you want to try it, download the pack in the first post of this thread and enable it in your launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_r View Post
    Yeah !!! Tylis is saved finally

(But im sad because I liked that system )
    I know, its a hard choice on our end too. We really like the cultural AOR recruitment system. But, in many ways the game's culture mechanic is like a blunt instrument. Now that we have the population mechanic, there are much better ways to go about the same concept.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

@dresden : yeah true, so we will say that the population will be an enhancement.

But between these two concept the population system is by far the best I think.

Anyway keep up the good work man

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Would it be possible to make population changes dependent on faction, culture and/or occupation option?

Also, will there be units with different disbandment population than recruitment population?

Could we also make a sort of colonisation unit?
    Maybe one per population class and if possible with PO mali factionwide^^

Best regards!
    Last edited by Maetharin; March 11, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Does anyone know what buildings increase the peregrini population? as of now for some reason every time i conquer a region the peregrini are non existant which kinda makes the AOR system useless. I had lots of them in the first turns in Italy but now it seems not even the AI regions have them

Foreign population isn't supposed to be able to get to 0. If it is we should probably look into changing it so that there is some base line.

Edit - Also we will be updating tomorrow and activating the foreign occupy mechanic so that should help too. Now when a region is taken, its population is converted to foreign and the new owner has to build up their population.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 11, 2016 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks dresden, this is extremely important for the romans because i just noticed that auxiliary troops also depend on foreign population for recruitment. Will i need a new save game?

In theory it should be save compatible, but Litharion would know more.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Yes it is save game compatible. We will probably increase foreign population base growth as well.

plz make this available for Vanilla Wrath of Sparta Dlc.

Hey all

Well i crash again . All end turn! Impossible to play after the 60e turn with Rome pff. I DL the new pack of course but with the old, crash too.

I do not know what to do anymore I did everything: cache game, delete and reinstalle all mods...I even restart five turns before my crash to try to unblock the situation but i crash even in diplomatic option.... i hope I will not have to reinstalle RTW2!!
    Play only with POR2 and DeI so no conflict mod.
    Before POR2, no souci, no crash or very very rarely but with this mod, Sadly i crash to the sixtieth turn and impossible to continu campaign. I'm not the only one who crash with this mod reassure me?

PLZ!!! I really need help!!! if somebody want help me, here or by private message or steam (swordy37)!
    Last edited by Farrell; March 12, 2016 at 02:45 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
    Hey all

Well i crash again . All end turn! Impossible to play after the 60e turn with Rome pff. I DL the new pack of course but with the old, crash too.

I do not know what to do anymore I did everything: cache game, delete and reinstalle all mods...I even restart five turns before my crash to try to unblock the situation but i crash even in diplomatic option.... i hope I will not have to reinstalle RTW2!!
    Play only with POR2 and DeI so no conflict mod.
    Before POR2, no souci, no crash or very very rarely but with this mod, Sadly i crash to the sixtieth turn and impossible to continu campaign. I'm not the only one who crash with this mod reassure me?

PLZ!!! I really need help!!! if somebody want help me, here or by private message or steam (swordy37)!
    Upload your save and Im sure that either Dresden or Litharion will be able to help

I restart to 55e turns and defile turns. I succeeded to continu beyond the 60e turn . I noticed my game crashed just before hellenic reforms... For the moment, i have no crash but for how time?

I'll upload my save when i'll crash again. Just plz, give my the manip to give you my save if i crash once again. Thk you very much guys
    Last edited by Farrell; March 12, 2016 at 05:19 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I restart to 55e turns and defile turns. I succeeded to continu beyond the 60e turn . I noticed my game crashed just before hellenic reforms... For the moment, i have no crash but for how time?

I'll upload my save when i'll crash again. Just plz, give my the manip to give you my save if i crash once again. Thk you very much guys
    I guess that you ment a guide on how to upload the save.
    Go to, C: - Users - "User name" - AppData - Roaming - The Creative Assembly - Rome 2 - saves
    Upload the save and post the link

Played Armenia in the Imperator Augustus campaign. Around turn 60 I crashed. This is what I've noticed so far:

1.) very cool, enough said.
    2.) I don't know if there's a migration mechanic or some other background thing in place, but no region seems to grow or shrink like it says it will. Like my capital, after a bunch of military and civil buildings, is at like 1.5% growth--but it shrinks by 100 citizens every turn. This is taking to account the fact that I recruited troops from there. Meanwhile all my supposedly-shrinking regions are growing at about 50-100 per turn. So my capital is now very sparsely populated while my hinterland regions have a nice buff.
    3.) Base growth seems pretty harsh. It pretty much said all my regions were going to shrink by 2% or more (even though they were actually growing???). I'm sure none of this is balanced for Imperator Augustus or Armenia yet, but this is the state of that faction/map right now.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Is it possible to transfer population by disbanding troops in a province? If I had an army full of foreigners for example (a 20 stack of mercs) and I moved it too my capital and disbanded them, would I then have 3000 extra foreigners in that region?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Is it possible to transfer population by disbanding troops in a province? If I had an army full of foreigners for example (a 20 stack of mercs) and I moved it too my capital and disbanded them, would I then have 3000 extra foreigners in that region?
    Yes.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    Played Armenia in the Imperator Augustus campaign. Around turn 60 I crashed. This is what I've noticed so far:

1.) very cool, enough said.
    2.) I don't know if there's a migration mechanic or some other background thing in place, but no region seems to grow or shrink like it says it will. Like my capital, after a bunch of military and civil buildings, is at like 1.5% growth--but it shrinks by 100 citizens every turn. This is taking to account the fact that I recruited troops from there. Meanwhile all my supposedly-shrinking regions are growing at about 50-100 per turn. So my capital is now very sparsely populated while my hinterland regions have a nice buff.
    3.) Base growth seems pretty harsh. It pretty much said all my regions were going to shrink by 2% or more (even though they were actually growing???). I'm sure none of this is balanced for Imperator Augustus or Armenia yet, but this is the state of that faction/map right now.
    If you get a crash, please post the save if possible. If its not repeatable then we may have another issue again that I don't want to reintroduce to the mod until we fix. If its repeatable on load we can hopefully track it down easier.

The IA campaign is currently set to the wrong TPY in the current pack, I don't know if that will fix things or not when I change that. We may have to look at adjusting base growth and building growth levels. That is one thing we really needed testing for, because its impossible to know if its too much or not enough.

Yes please upload it after you crash (the autosave is fine).

Foederatus

You guys are doing great works. I hope CA hires you. I believe you can create great things for Medieval 3.