Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Default Re: People of Rome 2 - Divide et Impera Beta Release [06/03/2016]

So can it just say the new units that the upgrade will give you? You already know which ones you can already build. Maybe not, just a thought.

Back to my original post about units using the wrong manpower pool... Can the units be put into different pools or are they put into those pools by unit type?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

See UI problems. If you set your screen resolution wrong everything might look okay, but you are going to miss alot of text. The UI is going to get filled with stuff as we add new features, but yet again the game engine offers limitations.

Hello

First thk you very much for POR2.

i have some questions or requests:

i tested this mod for fews turn for the moment; i control Rome:

-why recruitment request 200 men for 160 men?

-it is possible to make a mixed with plebians and patricians? Just for example with triiaris: why recruitment request only patricians? Because triiari its what? A man who was hastati (so a plebian), then principes and finally triiari. So its logic triiati request patricians and plebians too .

-the rienforcement after a battle affect local population? For example a hastati unit with 100 men, to return to 160 men, is that it decreases the local plebians populations?

- a question unconnected with this mod but it is possible to modding rienforcement troops? To not it be automatic but somewhat like Rome 1? For it cost in money and men?

thk you very much for your answers
    Last edited by Farrell; March 08, 2016 at 01:40 AM.

Replenishment of troops already cost gold in some way as the upkeep doesnt change regardless of how many units you have left

Hi, i have a question. Is this mod created for 4 tpy?

As its made for Divide et Impera which is a 4 TPY mod. I would say yes, this is created for 4 TPY

What about 1 tpy or 2 tpy versions?

If this feature needs to be tweaked to work with these settings (Litharion would know for sure) this is currently not a priority as its still in beta and not properly tested yet. Everything in its own time.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

What do you guys plan on doing with existing populations on occupation?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Hello;

There are A lot of crash!! Every 4-5 turns... Too bad

And you have ofc made sure that it is due to this and not something else? Perhaps you could provide us with a bit more than just that it crashes.

Play through as Macedonia...

The level two barracks doesn't show any information.

Thracian cavalry skirmishers are not available as local troops coming out of the foreign population pool. Mercs only. Not sure if it is intended.

Citizen cavalry comes ones out of warrior population pool but tarintine cavalry comes out of nobles population pool. Not sure which is incorrect.

Loving this population beta. I actually am getting immersed in my units and trying to expand population and keep men alive. Have actually had to merge units and hire locals. Thanks team.
    Last edited by JCB206; March 08, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
    Hello;

There are A lot of crash!! Every 4-5 turns... Too bad
    You have a mod conflicting then. Or you need to reverify your game cache.

Quote Originally Posted by faber_avgust View Post
    What about 1 tpy or 2 tpy versions?
    This population beta has nothing to do with TPY. You can use the DeI TPY submods to choose that, though.

Hello

First thk you very much for POR2.

i have some questions or requests:

i tested this mod for fews turn for the moment; i control Rome:

-why recruitment request 200 men for 160 men?

-it is possible to make a mixed with plebians and patricians? Just for example with triiaris: why recruitment request only patricians? Because triiari its what? A man who was hastati (so a plebian), then principes and finally triiari. So its logic triiati request patricians and plebians too .

-the rienforcement after a battle affect local population? For example a hastati unit with 100 men, to return to 160 men, is that it decreases the local plebians populations?

- a question unconnected with this mod but it is possible to modding rienforcement troops? To not it be automatic but somewhat like Rome 1? For it cost in money and men?

thk you very much for your answers
    If you have a unit that is 160 men, you have a mod conflict that will affect a lot more than just this. Our hastati for example are 200 men.

In the future it is possible we may add a feature of having multiple population costs for one unit.

I am pretty sure replenishment affects it but Litharion can answer better.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

very good all is fine.... : thumbsup2

Hello. Thk you very mich for this answers.

I use different sub-mod of DeI. Hardore, reduce upkeep/cost and faster battle 2.

I think crash comes reduce upkeep + hardcore mods but before putting POR2 i had no crash or less...
    I use this 2 mods because i love hardcore mod but i think upkeep and prices of units too high...so with this 2 mod the balance is good.

Hey Guys

So i crash everytime I verified my cache, Delete and reinstalle DeI completely, delete and DL POR2. I active only DeI with POR2 and crash crash crash.... Its not possible i have a MOD conflict.

I precise too, i 150 men by unit (150 hastatis for example) but POR2 take me 200 men (cost: 200 plebians). Dresden, i haven't mod conflict because i active only DeI + POR2.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Farrell; March 09, 2016 at 12:27 PM.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Maybe it's caused by Unit Size? Do you have it on Ultra?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

The manpower used to recruit each unit is based on ultra unit sizes. If you have them set to smaller, I think the system will still use 200 for a unit of hastati.

Hey Guys

So i crash everytime I verified my cache, Delete and reinstalle DeI completely, delete and DL POR2. I active only DeI with POR2 and crash crash crash.... Its not possible i have a MOD conflict.

I precise too, i 150 men by unit (150 hastatis for example) but POR2 take me 200 men (cost: 200 plebians). Dresden, i haven't mod conflict because i active only DeI + POR2.

Ideas?

Yeah with the menpower you have to deal with it. I bet you play with large Units 150 Hastati. With Ultra you would have 200 Hastati. And yes it seems the system dont adept to the Unit sizes. Me for example play on minimum Unit Size cause my CPU cant handle really big battles and when i for example build a Unit of 105 Men it cost me 250 or 300 Free Men.

Whats wrong with your crashes, there i have an idea... if you really checked everything..no mods anything then there is maybe Rome II Vanilla the problem. Go on Steam make a right mouse click on Rome II go in the options and check the game for errors/bugs/dmged files. Steam will check your Rome for bugs or dmged files and will do a download of 20 - 25 MB to repair these files and entries. I bet after that your crashes are the past. Try it.
    Last edited by godwrote; March 09, 2016 at 01:06 PM.

Thk you very much for your help!

But i crash always I verified my cache game, reinstalle all my mods via steam, changed the tongue ect... when i go on mod manager i have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark Inside on POR2? I do not see what I can do more. I going to restart a new campaign putting ultra size. We'll see