Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 21]

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Its your job as beta tester. Now work
    Yes master
    Forgive my laziness...
    I will not sleep anymore, just for work on EVERY unit of the game

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 21]

@thomas_r Just ignore Flash, he is grumpy! BTW thanks again for all the stat inaccuracies.

---

We will be working on the crash issue and see if we can resolve it soon.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Picture 1 shows that Carthagian General Bodyguard cavalry has a property of "Fire while moving" while not having any missile weapons. and that one could be in general in the mod and ont in PoR

The other looks like an accounting error

I want to build a Rorarii unit. But I am short on actual proletarii pops
    Well, no matter. If I add a unit that uses Peregrini and then cancel it the pops go back not to Peregrini but to Rorarii

Check it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160321105408_1.jpg   20160322130202_1.jpg   20160322130207_1.jpg   20160322130216_1.jpg   20160322130229_1.jpg  

20160322130702_1.jpg  

I meant it goes back to Proletarii

This is probably due to the way the manpower system works with AOR, the AOR units are assigned a class 1-3 but cost foreign for foreign cultures. However, the refund on recruitment script may not be incorporated into that

Quote Originally Posted by Amras89 View Post
    The savegame file down here is the lastest savegame file when the crash happen doing the end of AI's turn but do not have something to do with the error above.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb...auto_save.save
    This seems to be a repeatable crash, thanks we will see if we can narrow down the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    Another autosave from a crash round. After loading I could not get the Legio VI out of patrol stance.

Attachment 335723

Same submods

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [experimental] experimental_recruitment by Flashheart07
    [official]DeIReducedUpkeepCost
    [official]NoPOGarrison
    [official]Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI
    I can't seem to get this one to crash, hit end turn about 10 times. Its possible its a non-repeatable turn crash which means its harder to nail down. The one army is stuck for me also in patrol, but isn't after the end turn. Not sure if that is a separate bug or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This seems to be a repeatable crash, thanks we will see if we can narrow down the issue.
    I forgotten to tell you which mod I used.
    I used the english translation mod and the all diplomat options

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 22]

0.7a
    - Fixed a crash issue from rebel armies. Possibly caused both repeatable and non-repeatable crashes.
    - Disabled a supply system function for now that may be causing some crashes.
    - Added class 2 growth bonuses to temples.

Big thanks to Litharion for putting in a late night fixing the crashes!

----

If you guys get more crashes, please keep posting the saves. We really appreciate all the help here in getting this ready for prime time.

Default Re: People of Rome 2 - Divide et Impera Beta Release [06/03/2016]

Im having a problem getting it working, I placed in the Data folder and followed all instructions. I tried with DEI submods and without (incase there were clashes) I made sure People(Vanilla) wasn't activated and I have re-downloaded the mod. The Game boots up however does not display any features.

secondary question: would this mod clash with the mod "Peoples Trust" and "Peoples Trust DEI bridge">?

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.15 Public Beta Test - People of Rome [Updated March 22]

If that mod has a scripting.lua in it, then yes. To use this, you put it in your data folder, click "enable out of date mods," and make sure its checked green. Try using just it and the main DeI mod.

Ok yeah it does use scripting.lua thanks for that.

I tried with just DEI1-6 and the Submod and still didn't work, however I just removed the Submod and deleted the Vanilla version and then re-downloaded and installed again. Now it seems to be working. so I'm not sure what happened. 3rd times the charm I guess, definitely something on my end.

- thanks for your help.

No problem, thanks for helping to test with us!

I just updated the mod so make sure you got the new version (you should if you just redownloaded).

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but are there ways to reduce the foreign population? e.g. I took over Syracuse and Lilybaeum, and after 20 years I still have 40k foreigners in each of them and small amounts of Romans (I've got level 3 or level 4 Roman governments, plus farms and so on). I've having such a Plebe shortage from wars with my Principles/Triarii [I think Triarii use Patricians but they're a small part of the army], that I've decided the only solution I can seem to find is to disband my Roman armies and replace them with foreigners from Sicily, in the hopes that this will eventually make enough room for Romans to move in. Is there anything else I can do, like edicts or something, to get these foreigners out? My cultural % is very high: 90+.

- Minor problem still seen on my part: the handling of Italian AOR auxiliaries. Both in Italia and Corsica/Sardinia (maybe Magna Graeca too?) you have the option to raise Socii. But they still drain the same pools, so this remains a problem within the new system. Maybe you could make Socii troops use less manpower as a trade off?

- Right now population management seems the key to everything as Rome. The most challenging feature I found so far in DEI. Based on what I see a Roman empire with >5 provinces hardly can sustain more than 3 fully fledged Roman legions. And they do have to move back to heartland for replenishment quite often. A human opponent or hardcore CAI may overrun Rome early on, so effects may go a bit over the top right now (based on VH)

0.7a
    - Fixed a crash issue from rebel armies. Possibly caused both repeatable and non-repeatable crashes.
    - Disabled a supply system function for now that may be causing some crashes.
    - Added class 2 growth bonuses to temples.

Big thanks to Litharion for putting in a late night fixing the crashes!

----

If you guys get more crashes, please keep posting the saves. We really appreciate all the help here in getting this ready for prime time.

Returning the thanks to you guys. It's the first time I actually don't consume a final DEI version and it's amazing to see the team progress. Glad if I could help a little.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Sorry if I missed this earlier, but are there ways to reduce the foreign population? e.g. I took over Syracuse and Lilybaeum, and after 20 years I still have 40k foreigners in each of them and small amounts of Romans (I've got level 3 or level 4 Roman governments, plus farms and so on). I've having such a Plebe shortage from wars with my Principles/Triarii [I think Triarii use Patricians but they're a small part of the army], that I've decided the only solution I can seem to find is to disband my Roman armies and replace them with foreigners from Sicily, in the hopes that this will eventually make enough room for Romans to move in. Is there anything else I can do, like edicts or something, to get these foreigners out? My cultural % is very high: 90+.

Not sure if you really want to do that. I am for the first time raising entire auxiliary legions to work teamed up with Roman legions. There seems no way (Very Hard) to keep expanding the empire based on Roman manpower exclusively. So Magna Graeca is a wonderful spot for me, having 3 barracks: 1 manipular and 2 auxiliaries (Syracuse and Lilybaion cover different regions of recruitment).

I even start invading single provinces on occasion like e.g. Uburzis just to get to the recruitment pool for auxiliaries. Until you reach stage 3 buildings quality of auxiliaries may differ strongly and you need to find good troops urgently.
    Last edited by Matt Slow; March 23, 2016 at 12:53 AM.

I may have overdone the foreigner bonus

The idea is that in vanilla they aren't really needed, but they are here for AOR troops. We will have to find the happy medium.

I may have overdone the foreigner bonus

The idea is that in vanilla they aren't really needed, but they are here for AOR troops. We will have to find the happy medium.
    To be honest, I think historically you are just spot on. In contrast to a video game, it was a tremendous achievement to build an empire over centuries like Rome did. Despite all criticism that Rome also deserved, this still is a historical 'wonder' and it would never have worked without giving poeple the chance to become Roman citizens by service.
    It's no coincidence the Western world fell into almost 1000 years of barbarism and ignorance after Rome was falling in the West - while other cultures had to preserve their knowledge for us.

Now - emulating this totally historically on a 1-1 scale would make this an eternal game, even based on the restricted TW campaign map.

PS: Just had another C++ crash with 0.7a. Recruitment in Magna Graeca. It does look like the problem still is there.
    Last edited by Matt Slow; March 23, 2016 at 03:38 AM.

Atm I am lost here. Things are extremely hard to balance in a VH/Normal campaign. Though I do not have a lot of experience with VH settings.

Maybe you can look into this save as I am starting to recruit auxiliaries anywhere and everywhere and accept satrapies rather than expanding the empire due to population management. Freisias and Epirus asked for satrapy status to prevent total extinction from other wars, so that was OK. I asked Massalia finally because I found campaigns to Gallia and Iberia will get hard, but then again this may hurt my supply lines.

Sieges become a matter of survival because you cannot afford the manpower loss. All went fine at Bibiracte until Massalia sent a total useless army eating our food. I did not use baggage trains because I would have expected the depot supplying us, but apparently this was broken due to the satrapies.

I first tried to storm the city and was shocked about my losses (and crashed in the same round). Upon reload I waited another round, just to see the horrible attrition, so I autoresolved - even worse. The Legio II probably has to march back to Italia for replenishment. Legio I can hold Bibiracte with reduced manpower until some auxiliary legion will arrive and will have to march back to Italy too.

Considering round numbers (137) it still works out, but I am just waiting for the next Punic war and I don't really think this is a good state of the Empire, by far the worst and most risky I have seen to date.

Now probably this is a very good hardcore mod without many issues of CAI hardcore tweaking. You really should be good at taking settlements via attack and stay away from most kinds of autoresolve except for the >90% ratings. But atm I am quite frustrated with my efforts in balancing the whole thing.

I'd like to share this save to get your opinion.

Submods
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[experimental] experimental_recruitment by Flashheart07
    [official]DeIReducedUpkeepCost
    [official]NoPOGarrison
    [official]Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI

All submods in one rar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...mhCNjU5dnVMTEU

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...VgyR19sazE1U1E
    Last edited by Matt Slow; March 23, 2016 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Salve!
    I try give you some advice. Im playing with rome and before I had the same problem, but in my opinion i found some methods what can solve the foreign pop crisis . You have some choices to manage the foreign population. 1.) You can integrate them in to the empire. Build auxiialire camps and use foreign population to your battles. (Auxiialarie soldiers decrase your foreign pop and ofc their recruit mans from the foreign pop.) 2.) Build temples and another buildings that are increasing your "main" population and research growth increasing techs. It works pretty well for me. 3.) Maintain client states or liberate factions. You get allies, trade partners, buffer states and ofc clients who pay tribute and fight for you. Want you anithing more? 4.) The final option. If you think you haven't time for managing the foreign population and the bad puplic order, you must kill 'em all. Don't hesitate they raised sword against Rome, so they must die... btw this method is work pretty well... Drasctically decreases your foreing population and fix your po problems. I hope i could help to you. And sorry for my bad english...

I do some like that too but do I need auxila camps in every regions or enough with one like provincecapital?

Usually enough to build one/province. But for example Mangna Graecia have 3 (no reform requirements) aor for aux. For further informations you can check the aor map here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14904660