Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Divide et Impera - People of Rome Submod [Updated Oct 30]

Divide et Impera People of Rome Submod

Download Download click here!
    This update is not fully save compatible with 1.1 so it is suggested to start a new campaign when using it.

General Information and Installation
    - To test this pack, download it from the above link and place it in your Rome 2 data folder. When you run Mod Manager, make sure you check "enable out of date mods" and activate the pack. Then, run Rome 2.
    - Please report any bugs, issues or general feedback in this thread to help us keep track of anything that comes up. If you get a crash, please try to post the save game. We are also very interested in feedback concerning how campaigns play out over time in terms of population use and growth.

1.15 Content
    People of Rome 2
    - The main focus of this submod is the population system created by the great team over at the People of Rome 2 mod. All credit goes to that team. To read about the general setup of the population mechanics, you can find information in their hosted forum.
    - Various changes have been made from the vanilla mod for DeI to fit the various custom cultures and other aspects of the mod.
    - New Manual for the Population System can be found here.
    Supply System Improvements
    - Grain depots in major cities will slightly increase regional supply production.
    - Barbarian armies will not replenish in lowly supplied regions, even if they own them.
    - Fixed loading function not working properly with region population values.
    - Fixed arab, african and nomad transports suffering attrition.
    - Various other smaller fixes and changes.
    Other Fixes/Changes

- Many other fixes and changes, some from the previous 1.1f fix pack. See below for a full change log of 1.15.

Update Notes:
    0.94a
    - Fixed bug with faction capital immigration.
    - Increased class 1 pop rate of decrease for larger populations to balance it with other classes.
    - Fixed incorrect entry in some building modifiers.
    - Fixed incorrect UI display for tax growth values

Previous Updates:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Fixed MP compatibility issues caused by crash fixes.
    - Fixed province capital growth.
    - Fixed 50% foreign occupy mechanic not working when taking faction capitals.
    Foreign Occupy Mechanic
    - If the conquering's factions culture is dominant in the province, then the population will only be converted to 50% foreigner.

Performance fixes
    - Fixed late game performance problems due to saved time triggers.
    - Old save games should now properly use the newer scripts. This should fix the lagged/crashing save games.
    - Fixed missing chapter missions for custom playables and missing scripts in CiG.

Growth Fixes
    - Fixed bug in some growth functions.
    - Fixed bug for capitals that made it so they wouldn't grow.
    - Added minimum population requirement before migration begins in regions.
    - Increased minimum growth bonuses a bit.
    - Added UI element that shows the minimum growth bonuses (listed as "Settlers")
    - Fixed growth bar issues.
    - Crash fix on AI turn cycle caused by rebel faction migration script
    - Fix to the runtime error caused by army tracking per frame
    - Crash fix when initiating/cancelling diplomacy
    - Crash fix when moving the camera in later games
    - Overall stability/performance increase especially mid/late game
    - Fleets will not replenish outside of ports
    0.8b
    - Fixed an AI turn crash from rebel armies.
    - Added missing recruitment entries for 2 AOR units (One in Parthia, one in Mesopotamia)0.8a
    - Removed building upkeep values to fix a major income bug.
    0.8- Made replenishment requirements a bit less stringent based on population levels.
    - Added new Colony building lines that specifically increase population growth. These are buildable off the public land chain in minor cities.
    - Slightly lowered some foreign population growth modifiers. Foreign population is now impacted more by cultural majority/minority.
    - Increased Pergamene Thureos swords to 300 men to make up for lessened stats in previous update.
    - Removed imperium bonus effect from buildings and techs because it is not properly functioning (will work on fixing it)
    - Added small upkeep costs to barracks (and colonies).
    0.7a
    - Fixed a crash issue from rebel armies. Possibly caused both repeatable and non-repeatable crashes.
    - Disabled a supply system function for now that may be causing some crashes.
    - Added class 2 growth bonuses to temples.

- Fixed a crash issue (hopefully!)
    - Fixed arabian and nomad transports suffering attrition.
    - Fixed population UI not always properly working on cancelled recruitment.
    - Removed difficulty modifiers to population growth as they made balancing even more problematic.
    - Various unit stat fixes and changes - thanks to thomas_r for the list! Still more to do here but its a start.
    - Fixed Indian elephant hitpoint value.
    - Changed Aspis Companions role from melee cavalry to heavy javelin cavalry, due to shift in Macedonian warfare from shock cavalry to ranged cavalry later on. They have more ammo, AI uses them properly but their horse armour gets a slight downgrade.
    - Fixed minimum population bonuses not functioning after awhile in certain campaigns.
    - Fixed population class names for DLC campaign factions.
    - Altered modifiers for population decrease based on total population.
    - Altered modifiers for when bonus will be applied to a minimum population level.
    - Fixed and standardized building population effects for minor and major town variants.
    - Further refined and condensed building effect texts.
    - Various script fixes.
    - New Population Systems guide can be found here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14904660 . Thanks to Magnar for letting me use his vanilla guide as a base.
    - Decreased base growth levels for first class (nobles).
    - Increased base growth and other growth modifiers for 3rd class.
    - Fixed provincial capital modifiers not working properly.
    - Changed difficulty modifiers so that only Easy, Very hard and Legendary affect population growth.
    - Increased population decrease threshhold to 15,000 for an individual class (point at which a negative starts to be applied) - negative 1% per 15,000.
    - Fixed vanilla bug for trait, ancillary and experience triggering from critical successes.
    - Changed AOR Tarusci Axemen to class 3.
    - Removed old Goidilic Berserkers merc unit from grand campaign (new campaign only).
    - Increased negatives to population growth from not having majority culture.
    - Activated foreign population occupy mechanic. Now when you take over a region, the population will be foreign and you will have to build up your own population.
    - Removed cultural restrictions to recruitment system as it conflicts with the population concepts.
    - Updated many naval population unit assignment classes.
    - Added supply system effect values to the buildings rather than having generic descriptions.
    - Fixed population turn per year settings (were at vanilla) for all campaigns.
    - Small increase to foreign growth values to make sure they don't get too low in later game to allow for AOR units.
    - Condensed effect texts on buildings to allow for more space.
    - Fixed some incorrect and missing building effects.
    - Fixed some missing unit assignments.

General Fixes/Changes (Incorporated 1.1f fix pack)

- Fixed Macedonian War Sparta not having admiral options.
    - Fixed Mercenary Veneti Footmen missing stamina icon.
    - Increased starting Cantabri spear unit size to 300 to match recruitable version (new campaign only)
    - Increased chances of having some gladiator slaves in slave revolts.
    - Fixed British Toutatis shrine culture bonus decreasing at higher tiers.
    - Fixed some Belgic regions missing region effects.
    - Changed Warhorse resource icon (thanks to smoesville!)
    - Changed Concentrated Fire icon and added text to tooltip warning against use in naval combat.
    - small improvements in color coding the supply tooltip
    - added "Supplies &" to Food icon in province panel
    - removed unnecessary new germanic unit key
    - grain depots in major cities will slightly increase regional supply production
    - barbarian armies will not replenish in lowly supplied regions, even if they own them - thanks to thomas_r
    - fixed supply loading function not working properly
    - fixed Egypt not working due to a missing unit entry
    - fixed Rome not working on some occasions due to a missing unit entry
    - removed UI for increased recruitment capacity from the building information panel
    - changed population growth effect text to save some space
    - Fixed campaign camera zoom in main campaign.
    - Fixed missing Armenian merc groups assignments.
    - Added custom names for Carthage population groups
    - Changed various AOR and Merc group assignments to better represent each faction's culture.
    - Changed a lot of unit assignments in terms of population type.
    - Added new Carthage merc and AOR unit groups.
    - Created a copy of the early germanic noble swords to fix an error in their unit ID that would make it incompatible with scripts.
    Release Version
    Last edited by Dresden; October 30, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: People of Rome 2 - Divide et Impera Beta Release [06/03/2016]

Many thanks! Differences larger version of vanilla ?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    Many thanks! Differences larger version of vanilla ?
    If I understand your question, you don't need the vanilla PoR 2 version and yes it is larger then the vanilla PoR2 mod.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Can't wait to test it out in 3-4 months xD
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Just place this in the data folder, correct? The game fails to launch now. Re verified the cache and still nothing. Ideas? Thanks.

Put it in the data folder and activate it in Mod Manager. I just tested it and my game launches fine, are you using any other submods?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Egypt does not seem to have any population mechanic - everything says population 0, growth 0%. I checked on Rome and Macedon and they both have the advertised population mechanic... are there factions that the mod hasn't been added to yet? I do have several submods, which I turned off, but still nothing for the Egyptians, while the Roman's population was unaffected by the other submods. I was explicitly looking at Alexandria, and I hit "end turn" to see if the mechanic kicked in, but it doesn't seem to be there... I will check other factions later, but that is the only thing I noticed tonight. - Nice addition to the mod, I really look forward to exploring the campaign a bit further when I have a little time soon!

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Sounds like a great idea and I'm gobsmacked you guys managed to achieve this. But i'd be lying if i didn't think that the lack of an impact on the AI doesn't concern me.
    Shouldn't there be at least some impact on the AI? besides the fact that it would open up new tactics such as raiding to lessen population and limit the armies they could raise, i can't help but think that placing a player in a situation where they could potentially have difficulty raising armies while the AI sends doomstack after doomstack could definitely be fairly irritating.

Not ripping into this achievement obviously, just wondering if anyone had a response that could calm my fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Put it in the data folder and activate it in Mod Manager. I just tested it and my game launches fine, are you using any other submods?
    Not sure what changed. All the submods are DEI SubMods. But even after deactivating all submods and the DEI (6 parts), it still won't launch. Yep no vanilla either. I was just playing the game yesterday. Everything worked fine. Haven't had a crash in three weeks of solid playing.

Got it working but had to delete the PoPR2 submod. Had to redownload the submod, then it worked. Very weird and not completely sure what happened there.
    Last edited by JCB206; March 07, 2016 at 12:57 AM.

On what I have noticed so far...

This mod is only for the Grand Campaign right now, right?

Spartan Hoplites and Spartan Youths are currently recruited out of the Periocoi manpower pool.

Periocoi Hoplites are currently recruited out of the foreigner manpower pool.

Spartan Helots, Helot Archers, and Helot Slingers are currently recruited out of the foreigner manpower pool.

Thanks.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-tosser View Post
    Sounds like a great idea and I'm gobsmacked you guys managed to achieve this. But i'd be lying if i didn't think that the lack of an impact on the AI doesn't concern me.
    Shouldn't there be at least some impact on the AI? besides the fact that it would open up new tactics such as raiding to lessen population and limit the armies they could raise, i can't help but think that placing a player in a situation where they could potentially have difficulty raising armies while the AI sends doomstack after doomstack could definitely be fairly irritating.

Not ripping into this achievement obviously, just wondering if anyone had a response that could calm my fears.
    When have anyone ever been able to introduce new features for this game that would effect the AI in the same as it does the player? You can never really achieve this with the moronic AI of Rome 2. Just look at how you need to give food and income bonuses to stop the AI from crumbling under its own stupidity.
    If you want features and mechanics that effect the AI and player equally. Rome 2 is not for you

Can we have the English language localisation to insert them inside our langage sub-mod please?

I see another Problem..the information about the building. the information window is now so much packed that i can see only what units it provides, than the popoulation, but i cant see anymore how much trade it brings or squalor or food and on and on and on.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

That problem excist even without the People of Rome feature.

We probably need to streamline building effects in general (which is one of the things we have planned for 1.2). I will look into the UI issue and see if some of that can be resolved.

The language localisation can be found in the pack itself under the text area.

Thank you so much!! I reinstalled R2 just for this!! However, don't you think population should become "foreing" after taking a settlement? If a gallic city (e.g.) is conquered there are no romans living there, at least for some time until they start colonizing the place. By having to slowly build up your roman population in the area, expansion takes a much deeper turn IMHO. You wouldn't be able to recruit legionnaires right from the start, and should rely on auxiliaries to reinforce your armies.

Also, do troops replenish if the population they come from is exhausted?
    "Courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare it" -Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    That problem excist even without the People of Rome feature.
    not at all, i never had that problem. I saw most of the text. Or better i always saw the food costs or squalor. But with population i cant read that anymore and its not easy to calculate if you build a farm or a temple when you cant see that information anymore.

I have here an easy, really easy solution for that.

For example i play Odrysian Kingdom mostly 99 % of the time. In a Tracian Hamlet for example you can build sooooooo many units.

Instead of showing aaaaaaaall units that you can build, which happend like that
    - Unit 1 (Levy Spearman)
    -(Levy Phalanx)
    -(Peltasts)
    -(Spearman)
    Unit 17 (Tracian Rhompharoi)

Which cost a *F-Bomb* lot of space of the information window

Do it like this

Just a short information text.

Allows the recruitmen of many different Tracian phalanx, spear, melee, cavalry and range units.

So you dont have 300 words for every unit. U have only 13 words and so a lot space for information which is really Important.

And if there is something special

Allows the recruitmen of many different Tracian phalanx, spear, melee, cavalry and range units.
    Illyrian Hoplites and Agrarian Peltasts

This is just a hint. But nevertheless thank you for your great mod and your efforts.
    Last edited by godwrote; March 07, 2016 at 04:26 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Building just shows exact units that are assigned to it in the files, they are not written in the description. Description is only the short text on very top. What you propose is completly out of file structure
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

@godwrote I don't think there is a way to turn off the unit list as far as I know. If we could that would be a great solution because of the AOR units in main cities causing a lot of UI problems.

@Spanish Doctor as far as I understood it that is how it is supposed to function, or at least eventually will function. Its possible that right now the vanilla version of the mod doesn't have that and so we may have to do it ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @godwrote I don't think there is a way to turn off the unit list as far as I know. If we could that would be a great solution because of the AOR units in main cities causing a lot of UI problems.
    ok , then i have no idea to fix that

Maybee only one.. but maybe this is also not possible or maybe its just a bad solution.
    The only chance to assign a really big bunch of units out of the Village/Komatai/City ect to another building for example Millitary Buildings for example to assign the mass of the units to the Holodosiroi Barracks/Farms/Harbours or smth like that just to win space.
    Yeah what can i say...its just difficult.
    Last edited by godwrote; March 07, 2016 at 05:58 PM.

Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast