Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genealogy of TWC Project

Default Genealogy of TWC Project

WHAT IS THIS
    One of my early hobbies was genealogy. I enjoyed the mystery and the discovery of new information that shed some light on my families background.
    So taking my passion for that hobby, I set out for fun to do the same for "TWC Houses."
    As some, you may know that many of the "Houses" are not an absolute listing of who "beget" who but are politically pieced together. An extreme example is the "House of Caesar." Many citizens would often change their "patron" for political motives and till this day many people still list themselves in their signatures, not under the patron that patronized them, but the one they chose out of these political concerns of the time. This project restores the original connection to show where citizens "come from."

WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED
    Most members originate out of 6 Founding members who were each administrators voting on citizenship. The administrators on record are as follows;
    Kazak borispavlovgrozny | morble|Trobalov | Cobra | GodEmperor Nicholas | Lord Tomyris | Siblesz | Frood. Additionally, Mehmed II voted but is no longer a citizen.
    I know there was at last 10 voters, but the records do not reveal how each voted in the poll. I have only who posted a comment to go by. There is only 9 that has posted. I know there was ten based on a comment made. There were 7 votes and three uncast votes according to this post.

NEW INFORMATION
    There are essentially 3 designations

1. Original Citizens
    2. First Citizens
    3. Patronized Citizens.

Original Citizens includes administrators and specific citizens chosen to be the initial "cohorts" of citizens. This groups do not have a sponsor/ nominator or Patron.
    First Citizens includes member who nominate themselves and shared by a member of the committee or a member of the committee put forward their name to be voted on.
    Patronized Citizens are citizens who are patronized for citizens after the adoption of the client system.

Original Citizens
    Paul
    Wild Bill Kelso
    Siblesz
    morble
    the Black Prince
    Mehmed II
    Frood
    Carolus XII
    JOEwarmonger
    Chris the Conquerer
    Trobalov
    S.P.Q.R.
    Gaius Marius II
    whiskeyman
    Cobra
    Lord Tomyris
    Hellenes
    ROMANcenturian
    Manji
    GodEmperor Nicholas
    stalhandske
    borispavlovgrozny
    Bgreman

{nF}remix -
    Iron Duke
    angel5
    Josh
    drusus
    Neowens
    Wilson
    Shadow_Praetorian
    Arrigo
    Caravaggio
    muffinman144
    Tarrak
    Feynmans_Revenge
    Shadow_Praetorian
    Chilly5
    Curtis13
    Swordfish
    TranceCrusader

------
    lord_of_power
    Hexagon
    Faenaris (BattleKnight)
    Kinjo (Reiksmarshal)
    Turgon
    Dienekes
    DuckofWar*
    Fianóglach
    Germanic
    Total Warrior X (July 15, 2004)

THE GREAT HOUSES OF TWC

GodEmperor Nicholas | Family Tree (Admin)
    Boris (Kazak borispavlovgrozny)| Family Tree ==> Formerly Manji/ Caesar (Admin)Trobalov | Family TreeRububula a First Citizen is now within the Great House of Trobalov. (Admin)
    Siblesz
    | Family Tree (Admin)
    the Black Prince
    | Family Tree (Original Citizen)
    Wild Bill Kelso
    | Family Tree (Original Citizen)
    Wilpuri
    | Family Tree (First Citizen- Boris ) Wilpuri is ow technically in the House of Boris as a first citizen

THE ANCIENT HOUSES OF TWC
    There are three administrators who voted for citizenship. They patronized at least one citizen. According to available records, no active citizens exist in their houses. They are referred to Ancient Houses because of date of foundation and the fact that their houses (according to records) are now "extinct." I have separate.
    Lord Tomyris | Frood
    There are an additional 14 possible first citizens. It is possible that any of the above could have proposed (patronized) wilpuri, WBK and/ or Rububula.

Note:
    The admin who put forward names would later claim each of these "First Citizens" as their patronages and vice-versa. WBK member, Nicrobrit, claimed to be the oldest house which may be as a result of multigenerational patronages. The claim was never disputed by any of the above members active at that time. This does not exclude the fact that WBK does not appear to be an administrator during the process of creating the Curia.

Individual members/ disconnected groups and Ancient houses can be seen here.

The following are members proposed (and awarded) a large award.

The receiver of Award | (Proposer) | Date citizenship acceptance from List of Citizen.

NO CITIZENSHIP
    Withwnar: Opifex (Aikanár)

CITIZENSHIP (RESIGNED)
    AlphaDelta: Opifex (Garbarsardar) 01/27/2008
    Aradan: Opifex {Later a Divus} (Anallein) 09/05/2008
    MasterOfNone: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007*
    swabian: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007+
    Note: The List of Citizens listed a date for citizenship; however their profile page does not indicate belonging to any citizen user group.

CITIZENSHIP
    Antagonist: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007+
    Anthony: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007+
    Balbor: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007*
    BNS: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007#
    Ranika: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007+
    The Border Reiver: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007+
    Tittils: Opifex (Halie Satanus) 04/28/2007*
    webbird: Opifex (Obi Wan Asterix) 07/04/2006
    z3n: Opifex (PikeStance) 02/17/2016

*Proposed as a member of FATW
    +Proposed as a member of Authurian TW
    #Proposed as a member of Chivalry TW

Note:
    The Proposal when acceptance of citizenship is made is given credit for patronization.

Houses Break Down (In- development)
    Level 1: Primogeniture of Houses (Admin)
    Great House: Houses with at least 6 generations
    Ancient House:
    Extinct Houses

Level 2: First or Second Generation/ Citizens
    Noble House: Three lines with at least three generations or more
    House: Two lines with at least three generations or more
    Level 3: Fourth Generation or later
    Great Family: Three lines with at least two generations or Two Lines with at least two generation with an eligible Noble Family
    Noble Family: Two lines with at least two generations.
    Level 4" Sixth Generation or later
    Honorable Family: Two lines with at least two generation if there is a Noble Family above.

AREAS OF HELP
    Issues: I did this some months ago. There is significant information missing. The site lost about two and half years worth of information concerning patronization of a citizen. The PDF would indicate any inconsistencies in the records, as well as, any "gaps" in the records. The "gap" years are dates prior to December of 2003 and much of 2004 and 2005. They might be some missing applications in 2006. There is also one person who has to patronization. I kept them in each group but highlighted in yellow.

Development: The goal is to complete the work and present it to the forum. y2day has already offered and I have accepted to do any of the artwork. (I thank you again for that).
    If anyone could look through the document and help with any corrections or with additional information, then I will appreciate your input.
    Thank you in advance!

HOTLINKS TO GREAT HOUSES FAMILY TREES
    GodEmperor Nicholas | Boris | Rububula | Siblesz | The Black Prince | Wild Bill Kelso | wilpuri | Noble and Ancient Houses
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Geneaology of TWC[Mar0516].pdf   Geneaology of TWC[Sept2016].pdf  
    Last edited by PikeStance; December 11, 2021 at 01:29 PM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genealogy of TWC Project

So, this is about politics or just about making lists?

Sorry, I do not understand your question. This is a genealogical project in which I am enlisting the help of others to fill in "gaps."

Blog Entries

Your introductory paragraph, talking about politics, may have confused me. I guess if it is not related to "politics", this is for a purely recreational purpose. (Great).

Edit: After my question you have modified the OP "clarifying things", right?
    Last edited by mishkin; March 05, 2016 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Your introductory paragraph, talking about politics, may have confused me. I guess if it is not related to "politics", this is for a purely recreational purpose. (Great).

Edit: After my question you have modified the OP "clarifying things", right?
    No worries, no I edited the last sentence.

Blog Entries

Any progress?

I would announce any updates

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Didn't derpy and Inkie do something similar back in 2013? Maybe you can work from there
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Unfortunately No, they worked within the house framework. I ignored it and piece back together the patronages. That was actually the easy part. Now, I am piecing the information that is not directly listed or was lost. This is the hard part and time consuming part. This is the reason to post it here. I received one lead already I have to look into.

Thanks for your input

TranceCrusader was Patronised by Manji who was a 1st Generation Civitates

Justinian moved from the house of the Black Prince to my patronage and we inherited all his clients.

Manji, Justinian, Myself, Soren and a few others dreated the House of Caesars.

We all originate from Manji
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Thanks for the Information but you presented me with more questions.
    The basis of my listing was the "List of Citizens" It list Manji's Patron as "Boris." There is a thread created by Boris (here) where he suggested Manji be considered for Civitate. In other cases, the proposer (not called patrong at the time) was listed as the Patron retroactively. TranceCrusader patron is not listed. Also "Boris'" Patron is GodEmperor Nicholas.

If "Boris" is not Manji's patron then what is the purpose of the thread? However, if TanceCrusader was patronized by Manji, then that would resolve that issue.

Small Note: I am not interested in the "political maneuvering of the 'Houses.'" In interest is Genealogical. I am inintersted in tracing the "lineages" of patronization.

The thread you have there fell out of the old Hexagon forum. Paul was the site owner, tBP was Hex, as were Nick and Boris and Trob, your thread there is a very rare piece of TWC history.

It dates to pre Patricians, the Hexagon used to choose Citizens and only those who wanted to actually had Patrons. Manji is Generation 1. Wilpuri, tBP, WBK etc were generation 1.

Spartan, Sulla, Crandar, Archer, Myself, Garbarsardar etc are all generation 2 when patronage was ingrained in TWC.

You can look up a document entitled SYNTAGMA which should show the first patronage system, it should be in the curia.

Justinian was my |client, in terms of lineage, Justinian was 14ish at the time and he was my teammate, he took my staff positions after me and before me, replaced me in the elections and all. I was his Patron in name and duty. There were very serious and significant issues which caused him to move to my patronage.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Oh wow, I forgot about my "citizens", that is one useful project. Thank you for reminding me of my "TWC kids"
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Unfortunately No, they worked within the house framework. I ignored it and piece back together the patronages. That was actually the easy part. Now, I am piecing the information that is not directly listed or was lost. This is the hard part and time consuming part. This is the reason to post it here. I received one lead already I have to look into.

Thanks for your input
    Actually, although the focus on Houses makes it seem different, most of the work Char and I did was exactly that - finding all the patronage blanks that were not listed and updating the existing data, which was absurdly tedious and time-consuming as you say. A lot of poring over old buried threads and trying to track down and identify name-changes/ostrakons/etc. across the citizenry. For the curious, a lot of it can be found here.

Good luck anyway.
    Last edited by Inkie; September 06, 2016 at 08:34 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Thank you!
    ----------------
    I will uploading a newer version in the near future.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Had a look through the PDF, it's really impressive! You should ask Hex about joining TWC Living History permission group so you can get access to the Rogues Pub, there are a lot of interesting threads in there - some of which might help you with your project.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Thanks Shanks. I originally intended to work on this right around this time, but i have been busy these past 3/4 months, and so this will be pushed back to maybe May when I will make some updates to the information saved on my computer.
    In the meantime, i will combines the "Founder Members" with this project since there is an obvious connection.

This project was always a marathon and not a sprint. Anyway, just wanted anyone interested to know that I am still actively researching the information I need. it is a lot of monotonous work.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Cool too see this pike. Even cooler that Im in that pdf

Ok, I found an error in the record.
    The List of Citizens has GodEmperor Nicholas patronizing Boris (Kazak borispavlovgrozny) on Jan. 28, 2004. However, this is impossible. Boris was "patronizing citizens in December of 2003. It would be impossible for GodEmperor Nicholas to patronizing someone who is actually "creating citizens. Moreover, there is a record of Boris "patronizing" (back then they proposed) Manji. I should add the GodEmperor was voting alongside Boris in December of 2003. It is impossible for him to patronized him a full month later. Plus GodEmperor did not begin patronizing until May 2005. Most of his patronization were between may 2004 and Early 2005. The List of Citizens is wrong.

Boris is clearly the primogeniture of both "houses" of Manji.

I will make the changes at first opportunity.
    Last edited by PikeStance; April 09, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Is there some relevance to the colors of the names of individuals listed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast