Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIA ET BARBARI presentation and feedback

Default Re: IMPERIA ET BARBARI presentation and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    I'm on turn 46 now in my ERE campaign. Great stuff.

Can anything be done with the Raze Settlement-option for the AI? On turn 46, most regions from present day Poland to the eastern border of the map are razed. Most of the Sassanids eastern satrapies ar also razed.

It seems to be an eastern thing, because there is almost no razing in the west.

Some regions get resettled for a while and then they are gone again.
    Thanks billydilly It is probably due to the different Nomadic (Huns etc.) tribes behaviour. I'm not sure that I changed anything that could explain it, but will check up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black9 View Post
    Great work again, Iutland! One quick question: are the ranges for ranged weapons accurate? They seem short. For example javelins aren't terribly useful as they skirmish away before throwing any. If they are accurate then ignore me and I'll learn how to use them!
    Thanks Black9 It depends how far you can throw a javelin with limited training. IEB ranges are from around 40 meters to 52 meters. Vanilla ranges are from 70 to 80 meters for normal javelins, which are nearer to modern day Javelin Throw World and Olympic records That is highly unrealistic and you would normally need a device like an ankyle to reach such distances with an ancient javelin.

For reference the maximum range of a Pilum is around 30 meters as discovered during modern experiments.

I think it is better decrease the skirmish distance and movement speed if it is possible to edit the skirmish distance.

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    As Black9 mentioned, is there something wrong with archers? In one battle my archers just stood there without firing, I had to reposition them and then they fired. They were close to the enemy and had a clear shot.
    He didn't mention Archers Let me know what particular unit it is and I will investigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Of the East View Post
    You always make my favorite mods, Iutland, good to see you back at it.
    One thing that bothered me about the grand campaign is that the Eastern and Western Roman empires have different religions, even though this game takes place before the East-West Christian split. I thought it might be something worth looking into, I definitely have a reason to play Attila now!
    Always a pleasure, Blade Good point with the religions, which I haven't thought of

On turn 147 of a Ostrogoth campaign.

A couple of questions:
    Ostrogoths don't seem to be able to recruit any Roman units using capture roman buildings. Is this intentional?

I've modded the unit size to 1.5 time, so on huge, infantry are 240 men vs. 160. This has never caused an issue in the past, but on this mod I'm getting two transports, and also two ships on the larger Naval type units. It hasn't caused aproblem, just wondering if I need to mod the carrying capacity of the transports, or, leave as is and go up to a two time unit size.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post

A couple of questions:
    Ostrogoths don't seem to be able to recruit any Roman units using capture roman buildings. Is this intentional?

I've modded the unit size to 1.5 time, so on huge, infantry are 240 men vs. 160. This has never caused an issue in the past, but on this mod I'm getting two transports, and also two ships on the larger Naval type units. It hasn't caused aproblem, just wondering if I need to mod the carrying capacity of the transports, or, leave as is and go up to a two time unit size.
    mod the transport capacity so it can hold all men (or more). some men wont show up on the ship, but they will spawn in when they land. I've found it to be the most problem free way Also, if you mod unit size make sure to mod it to fit large unit size instead of ultra as modded ultra size is bugged (garrison and starting units does not get the right unit sizes).

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post

A couple of questions:
    Yes it is intentional, but is likely be re-thinked in preparation for the next update.

Hey, Iutland, a very tiny piece of quick feedback. I just started looking at the grand campaign a minute ago. The leader name of the Magyar faction should be Csaba instead of Csabar.

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    Hey, Iutland, a very tiny piece of quick feedback. I just started looking at the grand campaign a minute ago. The leader name of the Magyar faction should be Csaba instead of Csabar.
    Thanks Szabtom+Rep

I assume it is a general mis-spelling of the Hungarian name, in Attila TW, which I can correct?

/iutland

Hello there,

Any news about this mod's development? Hoping it's not dead...
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Thanks for you exceptional work Iutland. Also any news regarding the development?

Any updates soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    Hello there,

Any news about this mod's development? Hoping it's not dead...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Thanks for you exceptional work Iutland. Also any news regarding the development?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Any updates soon?
    Thanks for your concern

No, the mod is not dead or finished. I'm just working at a slower pace during summer season, thus allowing time for other pleasures such as time with my family and enjoying the weather

The progress on IEB 1.1 so far is that I have implemented separate and unique unit rosters for:
    • Himyar
    • Lakhmids
    • Tanukhids
    • Garamantes

Additional new units are added to Nobatia and Aksum.

Some existing rosters are restructured with better AoR restrictions.

There are a number of battle setting as well as campaign setting improvements.

A number of reported and non-reported bugs are fixed.

Back-log:
    I still need to rebuild the startpos with modified victory conditions and the revised AoR. I also still need to fix additional bugs and make some improvements needed for 1.1.

I expect to release 1.1 in the September or October timeframe, or perhaps even sooner if there is an additional DLC coming out.

If I should choose to discontinue the work on this/any mod; I will of course announce it beforehand, don't worry

Have a nice summer
    iutland

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Your post above and post date, makes Me happy, Iutland

I just back to try playing Attila Total war again and then when reading on forum, I found IeB, very interesting.

I will playing and trying while waiting for official 12 turn per year submod for Ieb

Have a nice summer with Your family !

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Brilliant mod ...look forward to the next update.

ruthless knight's Avatar Civis

Great work, this project is very promising and if it evolves it will be a gem in the Attila modding community. A minor question, are there any difficulty recommendations?

EDIT: Are there going to be any major economic changes in the future?
    Last edited by ruthless knight; August 06, 2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Got this mod, tried out a battle as western Rome versus saxons. Damn, the battle was very solid and interesting. Long, yet fairly dynamic when needed. So the combat system is good and I love what you did with the factions - they no longer feel arcadey but more reasonable and realistic. Just look at the armour they use - only nobles or palatina are fully armoured. More common warriors and comitatenses often wear nothing apart from the helmet - as it should be. <3

Though it would be nice if you also overhauled their looks, like it was done in FOTE for example. Bring your own textures and variety to make it truly awesome. So far the models felt like pretty much vanilla, just more realistic in terms of what they're wearing in certain unit types. But seeing palatina horses clad in bronze, cloned scale is a bit boring.

But apart from cosmetic variety I really have no complaints - it's a great and all-round mod, pretty complete even at this stage to me.

IEB version 1.1 is now released.

The major highlights of this version are:
    Completely rebuild main campaign startpos file only using Tweak (Assembly Kit) with revised victory conditions for the playable factions in main campaign
    Reworked and separate faction rosters for Lakhmids, Tanukhids, Himyar and Garamantes
    Revised rosters for other factions in the main campaign
    UPC files are available for all eight languages
    Changes concerning siege battles

Change notes are here.

As a quick AoR guide I have attached the AoR layout (as a pdf file) used when the mod was designed. All units in the IEB rosters, which have an AoR restriction has got a label saying: (AoR)
    1. The columns list the different provinces that the specific type of unit can be recruited from
    2. The rows list the different type of AoR restricted units

It should be straightforward to understand. Beware that province names may differ from what you see in the game.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for all the positive feedback and good suggestions for new features and changes to the mod. Appreciate it!

Due to other priorities and personal considerations, I have decided to take a modding break; at least until the next Historical Total War Title is out or perhaps even longer.

In the meantime good luck with this mod

All the best, Iutland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IEB_AoR_layout.pdf  

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you Jütland you are the Man

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Hey, nice mod, any chance to add this mod to steam platform?

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Interesting if someone can add this one : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...htext=resource

Hi Jutland.

Good work. As a fellow dane, i'm surprised you haven't found the bug with the basic boat type. The something something spearmen cannot board other boats. the cursor changes to a cross instead of a sword when trying to target enemy ships... all they can do is waiting to be boarded. this bug is not present at the other ships

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast