Thread: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Shogun 2)

monoolho's Avatar Libertus

Default monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Shogun 2)

Finally decided to come back to twc and post the mods. I also released the mod for Attila, if you care.

You can find the mod on the workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=614128526 Screenshots are there, the video too, but I'll link the video here for convenience.

Download for those of you who dislike the latest technology of Steam-based games user generated content:
    Download HERE (mediafire.com) If you require any other mirror, pray tell.

What is this mod?

Good of you to ask, fine young player. Indeed, what does it do? What does anything do, really? What do WE do? Why ARE we here? To do what? To do what bidding? At whose will? Well, simple questions to ask, simple to answer... but are they easy to answer? Why, I think not. Easy and simple are completely and utterly two different concepts. I should know, I have a degree on this. Yes, I am a man of letters, literally.
    But I digress, It is my belief that thy line of questioning referred to what this specific mod does in the game and what purpose it serves/has and why in the seven hells you should waste your time reading this and clicking the subscribe button. I'll tell you that. In a moment.

The moment has come: it adds my hero units to your game.

Simple as that.

What does it do?
    Well, I am quite glad you took the time to inquire about this. The mod does add 4 semi-tiers of heroes to the play. What are they? Single-soldier units that survive very impressive odds (I really do not know when they die on meelee conflictuous situations).

Tier 1 - The named heroes. My personal... somewhat, heroes. I named them after whatever came to my mind. They are slightly more powerful than the other heroes. --- You can only recruit one of them at a time (and so do your enemies)

Tier 2 - Ronins - not well dressed heroes
    Tier 3 - Samurai - Samurai heroes, usually heavily armored (purely cosmetic)
    Tier 4 - Loan sword - a mix, some have flamboyant clothing, others are more modest (again, purely cosmetic)
    (You can recruit 3 of each at a time, and so do your enemies)

General - the best hero you can hire, and acts as a general (skills and stuff, I believe) --- You can have 4 at a time.

It was made for shogun 2 original grand campaign, all factions should be able to recruit them, so it may provide interesting duels during your epic glory conquests and shamefur dispurays.

If, for some reason, they never die, at all, tell me and I'll nerf the stats.
    Should you also find any other bugs, please report. But it SHOULD be fully functional.

(soon to come: renewed mono's hero mod for Rome and Attila)

Thank you for choosing monoolho's mods.

Default Re: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Shogun 2)

Excellent, I'll try em' out. Hopefully they aren't terminators who ignore even bow and matchlock fire like I had the unfortune with some mods here.

By the way, what do I require to recruit them ? Cause I am using an overhaul mod and it changes most buildings, except for castles.

Default Re: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Shogun 2)

Dear Monoolho

I found in this unit mod, when recruiting unit, the unit automatic generated a name like a general.

May I know which place to set this attribute in mod?

Regards.