Thread: Price reduction by £10 in UK

Default Price reduction by £10 in UK

So yeah, that happened rather covertly.

Only confirmation so far is a reddit thread(!) with Grace_CA stating this-

On Steam, it should automatically refund you for your pre-order and you have to pre-order again at the new price, as far as I'm aware.

So the question is why. Most likely is they simply aren't making enough pre-orders following the outcry over Chaos DLC, and the hefty price tag of £50 (A major factor in me not pre-ordering).

Thoughts?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Price reduction by £10 in UK

Why UK though? I assumed the game was more popular in the States, only thing is I can think of is that British pounds are worth more than USD's.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Official (I guess) steam comment-

http://steamcommunity.com/app/364360...3392910425961/
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Tiro

The price tag is hefty in every region, as was/is the outcry. For example, the pricetag for germany is still 59,99€ which would be around £46. Why they lower the price in UK and not everywhere else around the same ammount, who knows.

Well, maybe the price drop will bring some movement to the greymarket keysellers over the coming days.

-----Red Dox

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Interesting, looks more or less like a marketing ploy. Maybe because GW is based out of the UK? A little favoritism.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Why UK though? I assumed the game was more popular in the States, only thing is I can think of is that British pounds are worth more than USD's.
    Warhammer is more (relatively) popular in britain (because it comes from here). They tried to price gouge the UK (the only reason I can think of since this is not normal UK-American pricing) and presumably that wasn't working out (because £50 is $75).

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    Interesting, looks more or less like a marketing ploy. Maybe because GW is based out of the UK? A little favoritism.
    Favouritism? Are you joking? The original pricetag was , they're bringing it down to reflect the US price more closely.

This doesn't really affect me I cancelled my preorder a day or two ago.
    Last edited by Person012345; March 03, 2016 at 10:58 PM.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Appears that it was done because Amazon offered the game (poundsymbol)10 lower.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Jexx_UK's Avatar Laetus

I do not know why, but Amazon have always offered a reduced rate. It's where I've pre-ordered mine.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

if amazon is selling it 10 pounds less, that would be the major reason.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Steam won't allow it to be sold for a tenner cheaper at a major rival. It'll cut into preorders too much. Doubt they thought much of the borked currency differences neither.

Not everywhere in the Uk tho.

Still £50 at GMG.