Thread: early game and washington

Default early game and washington

hey guys loving the new update, but just had a few quick ones.

First question i had was, does the war start on its own anymore? I just massed up and i seem like i have a much larger force on every front than the union ai now where in the past the war started on its own fairly briskly and by the time the war started the ai is generally on the offensive where now i was pretty much left to my own devices and had even teched out most of the my structures most of the ways up with no action.

second question was about the dreaded dc crash. Pretty much went straight after washington first since the ai wasnt really defending it very heavily and i think i remember seeing i should have turned my graphics down to min for that fight, but any other recommendations to get through it without crashing? (wasnt finding any of the old threads)

also kinda curious what happened with mexico, as when you just attack south first you can steamroll straight through the now multiple factions who dont seem to have any units beyond 1 or 2.

anyways, loving the new mod, when i attacked washington they had like 6 arty units at least and at least 2 of them mortars and the rain coming down was pretty amazing to watch. Usually i play defensive against the ai, but that made me have to chase them down in and around the fort.
    Last edited by Obliterati; March 03, 2016 at 01:22 AM.

Default early game and washington

double post.
    Last edited by Obliterati; March 03, 2016 at 09:10 AM.

Default Re: early game and washington

alrighty so ima start declaring the war myself on turn 5 or 10 and wait for another 5-10 turns for the computer to actually wake up for it. Then i think ima wait until i conquer the west before trying to make an attempt on washington to make it more realistic, but really kind of horrified no one else seems to have noticed any of this...

Hi,
    First of all thanx for a great mod! I love the style and athmosphere with units and events.
    I play H/H and build up economy in the first 5-6 turns, since it seems like noted above, that the AI likewise wait with the mobilization.
    In my last 3 campaigns as CSA, the Union have sold Washington to Colombia, wich is kind of weird.
    Tried with different difficulties, but every time the union seem to have a spring sale in the capital.
    Best regards,

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    In my last 3 campaigns as CSA, the Union have sold Washington to Colombia, wich is kind of weird.
    Tried with different difficulties, but every time the union seem to have a spring sale in the capital.
    Lincoln was a smart man. He not only foresaw the corrupt parasites that would eventually take over that nice city, but even their coke habit problems, so he found the perfect country for them.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    Hi,
    First of all thanx for a great mod! I love the style and athmosphere with units and events.
    I play H/H and build up economy in the first 5-6 turns, since it seems like noted above, that the AI likewise wait with the mobilization.
    Best regards,
    Am I the only one experiencing this yankee sell out? can I somehow prevent it, by small scale modding? It kind'a ruins my confederate campaign.
    Best regards,

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

No, all powers keep asking for territories in diplomacy and AI often accepts. Mod away mate, if you know where to tweak. If you achieve any success, let us know, I'm sure other players will appreciate.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links