Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Amendment] Pater's Civic Crown

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Patrician Citizen

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: [Amendment] Pater's Civic Crown

I'm German. Bread and butter has a very positive ring to my ears and sounds like the very essential foundation you simply must have for everything else to work.

Besides, proposing 30 people for opifex may be a solid base for a Curial Service Award nomination.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal/Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

This should not be a big medal to begin with, while if someone put foreward 5 or 10 none-citizens who got a large medal and in that way got citizenship, give that bloke this medal too, it's nothing to it.
    The point of this award should remain "You is an active crucible for members to become Citizens. Thank you, the Community appriciate and encourage that.". That in turn also saying, that how many someone proposed for any medal is completly irelevant for this award, as it concern members who gained citizenship through the effort of the nominated.
    There is no point in keeping it rare for its own sake, or exclude alternative ways to the same good end that this award is intended to celibrate.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Blog Entries

Yes, it seems perfectly reasonable to include the proposals of Large Awards as well.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Why aren't people who've put in the effort and patronized however many people not just nominated for Curial Service Award?
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Flinn's Avatar The Alpha Jester!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

maybe because of the reasoning that goes with the award?

Curia Service Award
    Awarded for serving the Curia with distinction for a period exceeding six months, as voted upon by the Curia.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Assuming the 10 successful patronizations from the OP, it would be extremely unlikely that you get that in less than 6 months of being a citizen. As for the distinction, I'd say that successfully patronizing that many citizens would be serving with distinction. None of the words in the award exclude patronizations as being eligible for the award and anyone that's patronized that many people has likely done more. Also the wording makes it more flexible to deal with the new issue of awarding for starting the process of granting a large award.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I don't mind the suggestion Squid, but I do not think the "distinction" part is the issue, but that it seems unclear whether patronization actually is to consider as a 'Curia service', rather than a community and Citizenry service at large, merely conducted through the Curia.
    At a glance it would not seem like a Curia service to me, but that may simply be a limited or rigid POV, and I am positive to formulate a broader definition than so

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Flinn's Avatar The Alpha Jester!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I don't mind the suggestion Squid, but I do not think the "distinction" part is the issue, but that it seems unclear whether patronization actually is to consider as a 'Curia service', rather than a community and Citizenry service at large, merely conducted through the Curia.
    At a glance it would not seem like a Curia service to me, but that may simply be a limited or rigid POV, and I am positive to formulate a broader definition than so
    Exactly my view about

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Given the curia doesn't exist without citizens and there's a natural loss of members over time. Bringing in new blood through citizenship or large awards vitally important and doing a lot of it is certainly worth if distinction.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Just a point, patronising members has been used to propose citizens for the Service Award in the past. See Mega's and Aikanar's proposals for instance. If you don't think it counts as service, then that's up to you, but it definitely has been seen as service before.

Blog Entries

Well, it has been part of the justification as well as other "civic duties" (e.g. proposals, participation, etc). If the award involves more than just "service" perhaps it is misnamed. Good Citizenship Award may be a more appropriate title???
    TBH, in those above mentioned proposals, I voted in favor based on their service (Curial office positions) and not the other stuff. I cannot speak for anyone else.
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Given the curia doesn't exist without citizens and there's a natural loss of members over time. Bringing in new blood through citizenship or large awards vitally important and doing a lot of it is certainly worth if distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    Just a point, patronising members has been used to propose citizens for the Service Award in the past. See Mega's and Aikanar's proposals for instance. If you don't think it counts as service, then that's up to you, but it definitely has been seen as service before.
    Haha, now you sounds pushy GotR
    I don't at all oppose the interpetation of patronization as a Curial service, but I am perfectly honest with that it surprise me that the CSA has been used to this end. After it has been presented and argued for I can get the logic, but I was surprised because there is nothing natural from the awards name or description implying it should go to good patrons.

To Curators or the assistants, to Magistrates or Censores, ye ol' CdeC (who had another one instead, but could to had the CSA, really) or CAT members, or citizens who just been active and constructive in discussing in or activate the Curia? Yes spot on!
    But not spontaneously also to those who helped members to become Citizens. Because while it may be of benefit for the Curia (here thought of as the institution) I see that more as a side effect of the benfit to the site members and citizenry (as persons and the community beyond the Curia) from succesful patronizations.
    In that light a rebranding as Pike' is on to may have merit, while a tweaked description may do just as well.

So, yes, I can be onboard with a CSA solution. The Curia is where we citizens hand out this award, for an activity conducted in the Curia, and new Citizen may be of benefit to the Curia (with luck).
    What I, after considerations, however is concerned about, with such a solution, is that it is not "automated". The CSA requires a presentation and argumentation, it becomes more of a subjective matter, and I truely prefered it to be more mechanic. "He have 5 succeful patronizations? Medal! Done."
    Not becoming a matter of evaluation and debate. "He have 5 succeful patronizations. Medal!" "But last time we gave the award the nominated had 8 succeful patronizations." "Are these of better quality?" etc. We just seems to get a bit more relaxed with awards, and citizenships, from the Richter magnitude scale-mentality that existed before (everyone do not have had to invented the bloody wheel again, haha), and for an award like this I deem it highly desirable to not make it a polemic matter.

Patrician Citizen

In fact, I find the reasoning to use the CSA (not those with Lee) for this purpose to be quite appealing. A simple renaming to "Community Service Award" could resolve the perceived restriction to pure Curial service in offices or discussions.
    Last edited by Iskar; March 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal/Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

I would rather keep the Curial Service Awards as is. Creating a Patronization award as the OP attempts to do would be infinitely better. Having "x" number patronages ensures that the person doing it actually gets recognition. As things are right now, the Curia does, at best, an inconsistent job of recognizing people for services to the community. For example, I would love for their to be an intermediate award between citizenship and the large awards; however, many members (and in some cases, never) are not recognized and patronized.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance
    I would rather keep the Curial Service Awards as is. Creating a Patronization award as the OP attempts to do would be infinitely better. Having "x" number patronages ensures that the person doing it actually gets recognition. As things are right now, the Curia does, at best, an inconsistent job of recognizing people for services to the community.
    Concur.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I like this idea. You have my support.

Blog Entries

I was just thinking,... so just to think out loud here....
    A different system to ponder
    For patronizing and successfully proposing for large awards 8* members= Medium award
    For patronizing and successfully for large awards 18* members = Patrician Badge
    I do not envision the badge being anything but a prestige thing. You get a support from a Patrician, then that may carry some weight in the vote. I did consider allowing Patricians to share their thoughts in referral, but keeping the voting for elected Censors. In either case, the badge is a prestige thing.

* The number can be any combination (e.g. 2 Patronages and 6 large awards = 5 Patronages and 3 large awards)
    Last edited by PikeStance; March 23, 2016 at 05:20 AM.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Patrician Citizen

You suggest a patrician badge as a mere prestige thing, suggest one additional privilege, suggest another additional privilege and reassert that it is really only for prestige?

Sorry, no.

Either use the CSA for this or introduce the suggested Civic Crown.

Regarding the first option, I would like to remind people that part of Aik's nomination were the plethora of proposals made by him. A nomination is a proposal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post

You suggest a patrician badge as a mere prestige thing, suggest one additional privilege, suggest another additional privilege and reassert that it is really only for prestige?
    Its a brainstorm, but ok... no need for it. I am cool with just a badge thingy. It is idea to resolve the concepts discussed here.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

So what is the update on this one? Just curious...:
    My AAR:
    Forgotten Tales of Germania

Interested to join the Content staff?
    PM me and we can discuss about finding the right project for you!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast