Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zhanguo Total War 1.431: MODFOLDERED

Default Zhanguo Total War 1.431: MODFOLDERED

I, the nameless warrior, am beckoned to the forum, for what I have accomplished will astonish the kingdom.

The nameless warrior has toiled as a modder but shall be hailed as a Hero.

As hinted from my last modfolder project, the Zhanguo Demo, presenting:

Zhanguo 1.431 modfoldered edition, Aka the Warring States.
    Modfoldered by Allevander (no longer nameless I hope)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/dl...vbg/zhanguo.7z

Ok so a few years ago I managed to obtain a link to a chinese website that someone posted on TWC, where the Zhanguo and Sanguo mods, among others were still being worked on. I managed to download some of the mod files using the Chinese filesharing program 115. They seemed to have provided their own exe to run it, and the file structure was a complete mess in terms of it appears they were trying to combine the two mods to use the same files. Nevertheless I managed to get it to run on an overwritten vanilla installation of BI, after much bug fixing with the help of the ATVTW tool. It was relatively crash free. Anyways, I finally got around to modfoldering Zhanguo, so I can share this great mod to the English speaking community.The first version I obtained was v1.42, then was updated to 1.431. I believe there may also be a 1.44, but I haven't been able to get this, and I don't know what it updated. In case this matters to you, you aren't afraid of Chinese or using their websites, are able to find what you are looking for, and would rather play an overwrite version after doing a lot of fix-ups yourself than play my modfolder version, or would rather just look at the source material, here is the website:
    http://www.1mod.org/forum-36-1.html

The content is still the work of the Zhanguo Mod Team. I have only restructured the content so that it was able to be modfoldered; as such I cannot give (nor get) permission for the use of Zhanguo/Sanguo resources for use in other mods.

Once again I must ask if anyone has any way of getting in contact with either the original or former Zhanguo/Sanguo dev team,
    to ask if their models and textures may be used for future modding use by future modders.

Notes:
    Custom battles and the campaign are playable! I had to move a few settlements slightly on map_regions to get it to work though. The custom battle regions are what they were, but I relabeled them to their corresponding regions.
    For convenience, I've only provided the files (models and textures) that the Zhanguo mod actually uses, so no extra Sanguo units needed.
    The original chinese text files are also included, however some will need relabeling. But I do not know what needs to be done if you wish to use them, as the characters do not show up for a default installation.
    I have done a rough tranlation (with Google translate) of some files, but others I would not be able to do justice to, so I converted them to pinyin so we can at least read something. Even so, not all the characters may show up.
    The quotes looks neater when they don't show up, so if you want to know what they are, check the files and translate yourself.
    This is personal preference, but I like to play on Huge unit settings. It's Chinese Warfare afterall.
    The mod heavily uses the trait system from Sanguo. It's very complex, but I'm hoping that I cleaned up the file enough so that it is stable.
    Unit cards may not accurately represent what the troops actually look like, as many of them are borrowed from, you guessed it, Sanguo.
    Not all settlements are upgradable.

Contents:
    The campaign starts in 403 BC with the partition of Jin, the beginning of the Warring States Period of Ancient China.
    Note that the state of Wu has already been defeated by Yue, so they are not in the campaign.
    Script to enable 4 turns per year.

Factions:
    Wei
    Zhao
    Han
    Jin - Custom Battles, Non playable campaign
    Qi
    Song
    Lu
    Wey
    Zhou
    Yan
    Zhongshan
    Xiongnu
    Chu
    Wu - Custom battles only
    Yue
    Yang Yue
    Qin
    Shu
    Ba

If anyone has noticed any gameshattering bugs or differences from the original mod (if you happened even come upon it), or knows how to fix them, please let me know,
    so that I may update the release within the scope of the original mod.

Also if you haven't played the demo, here is the link here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mo-MODFOLDERED!

Installation:
    Unzip the download file (already done).
    Copy or move the "zhanguo" folder to your Rome Total War installation in the 'bi' folder.
    NON-STEAM USERS:
    Create a shortcut to your RomeTW-BI.exe file. Right click the shortcut, click properties, shortcut tab,
    copy in the following to the Target line:
    -mod:bi\zhanguo -show_err
    Example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\zhanguo -show_err
    Launch and Play!

STEAM USERS (cause mod folders work on Steam):
    Right click Rome:Total War in your library, click properties, set launch options, copy in the following:
    -mod:bi\zhanguo -show_err
    Click OK. Launch Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion and Play!

Default Re: Zhanguo Total War 1.431: MODFOLDERED

First of all thank you for making this mod avaible for the english community. I do have a problem. When fighting a battle the battle sound and music becomes quiet. It is however worth to note that the sound occuiring when clicking on units and so forth remains.

The sound comes back when the battle is ended. It usually don't become quiet until in-battle reports have pop uped.

As far as I know all the sound files should work. Only a few of the sound files were altered, and fewer needed for the updated mod structure. The music is in the data/music folder as described by descr_sounds_music.txt; some of the music may start off quietly compared to others. Make sure all the files do indeed play and aren't corrupted. The battle music is divided into 3 main segments; tension (deployment, mobilization (marching), and battle (engagement). I'm not exactly sure if there are periods where there might be a pause between songs if they finish playing before switching to a different type. The volume itself may also be reduced according to the file. Also, obviously, check your music settings.

Actually after just checking the file again, there may be a bug, but it seems to work regardless. One of the music files is listed on the same line as another, I'm not sure what effect that might have. If you want to, you can tweak the listed volume in the file and check whether that helps you.

Thank you for looking in to i. It's not just the music that stops it's the sound of battle aswell (by that i mean soldiers screaming metal clashing etc.)

I'm definitly no expert or even novice on the area but i do believe that not all battle sound are handled in the music document.

Thanks for going through the effort to give us this mod, I enjoy it greatly.

I only have one issue; the provincial campaign doesn't seem to work, selecting the option either crashes me or if it doesn't, selecting one of the factions for the provincial campaign just boots me back to the previous menu. Other then that, it's a great mod!
    The Persian Empire could raise about 700 soldiers a goat and two chicken
    "This is the time to show my authority."

Quote Originally Posted by knightofhonnor View Post
    I only have one issue; the provincial campaign doesn't seem to work, selecting the option either crashes me or if it doesn't, selecting one of the factions for the provincial campaign just boots me back to the previous menu. Other then that, it's a great mod!
    Yeah, sorry about that, I should have disabled that. Actually just ignore the provincial campaign; I think it was holdover from the original Sanguo provincial campaign, as the overwrite version of Zhanguo was built on top of that.

The campaign you actually want is the main campaign with the internal tag barbarian_invasion. It is labeled as Zhanguo: Total War 1.43.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

awesome man!
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

JC_total war's Avatar Laetus

I seem to get a ctd whenever a general is on a mounted unit both in custom battles and campaign battles ...otherwise great work

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Whenever i finish a battle in the campaign map the game crashes. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by JC_total war View Post
    I seem to get a ctd whenever a general is on a mounted unit both in custom battles and campaign battles ...otherwise great work
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Whenever i finish a battle in the campaign map the game crashes. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    Can you guys be more specific about the errors? Does show_err produce an error or is it an errorless CTD? What faction and units used?

I have discovered an error with a horse texture not being found, just want to make sure its not a different one. It has a simple fix I think as it was just an oversight on my part in the modfolder conversion. I can either list directions on what to do, or I could eventually release a patch to fix other errors we might find.

As for the battle end crashing, does that happen after any battle or certain ones? Particularly, are any of the armies based from a settlement? I remember reading a long while back it might have to do with rebel ownership?

JC_total war's Avatar Laetus

as of late, the custom battle CTD's have ceased, however the same problem happens in campaign battles. What usually happens is that the battle will start out normal but when i hit "start deployment" it crashes, if i try wait through the generals speech it will crash. I then played another battle on the campaign map this time my army had no general, it loaded up fine but when i zoomed in on the enemies general, it began to lag and crash. This is strange because i seem to lack this problem in custom battles as of late. And the CTD was errorless.

I hate to bring my problem up again but if the mod crash for some because of the general and my sound issues appears when the general is killed something could be wrong with the generals.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

The problem has stoped with me, but i didn't do anything different.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I hate to bring my problem up again but if the mod crash for some because of the general and my sound issues appears when the general is killed something could be wrong with the generals.
    That's because there is--though what I cannot tell. I'm getting the exact same problem.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allevander View Post
    The content is still the work of the Zhanguo Mod Team. I have only restructured the content so that it was able to be modfoldered; as such I cannot give (nor get) permission for the use of Zhanguo/Sanguo resources for use in other mods.

Once again I must ask if anyone has any way of getting in contact with either the original or former Zhanguo/Sanguo dev team,
    to ask if their models and textures may be used for future modding use by future modders.
    Do you know the names of any team members?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Do you know the names of any team members?
    I only know a couple of the original members who worked on the demo.
    Waitcu - I think was the original developer, but he seems to be no longer active since like 2012. The forum seems littered with requests to use their materials though. I myself PM him but no response.
    sephodwyrm - Doesn't seem to be active anymore either, last activity is listed as March 13, 2013. I think he was responsible for the translation of the demo though.

I have no idea who was in charge or worked on the Chinese version on the Chinese websites.

anyone can guide me on installing the mod? i had downloaded and unzip zhanguo 1.431, i copy it to the bi folder in rome total war.. i tried to put in the following line but seems lyk it doesnt allow me to click ok to close the properties page.

Nvm I manage to resolve the issue.. Haha thank you allevander for sharing this zhanguo total war mod.

Hi, Thank you for uploading the ZHanguo total war mod again. I would like to check with anyone regarding an error when playing the campaign map, one of the state of Wei city had some error as it does not display the city properly. the name of the city is Gao du, if you try to view the city or have a battle, it took some time to load the map and end up you will not able to see any city and soldiers. I was thinking whether does anyone have any solution to it?

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

First of all!Thank you Allevander to bring this to the english speaking world!And thank you to all of your effort to translate this mod! But i think the zhanguo mod version 1.44 is already out!
    http://www.youxi366.com/2013/lm_0515/96.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast