Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Aight, I give you 31st, still within 2016 tho

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel565 View Post
    By permission of Linke. Here is the completed list of Playable Faction with their Icons!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...VZrV1Z3MXRJZFk
    Those emblems look superb. Can't wait to play 1066.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Hi Linke. Would it be possible to use the "eastern" settlement models from the GC for the Muslim factions in 1066? Both on campaign and battle maps ? If so I'd love to see them incorporated. Diversity is the spice of life, as they say, and I miss those interesting diverse Persian etc towns when playing AoC. I imagine some cities of southern Spain resembled these more than "roman" or "barbarian" settlements at that time.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War

Excite.

lemme know if you need a hand with playtesting before beta.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

The Persian cities are just Persian, so not even mesopotamian or syrian. Nevertheless Andalusian factions use them, Iberic christians and greater France along with Hungary and Germany use a modified standard western design, Italian peninsula and Croatia use a similiar "east roman" design wich would be more accurate for Andalusia than Persian architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    The Persian cities are just Persian, so not even mesopotamian or syrian. Nevertheless Andalusian factions use them, Iberic christians and greater France along with Hungary and Germany use a modified standard western design, Italian peninsula and Croatia use a similiar "east roman" design wich would be more accurate for Andalusia than Persian architecture.
    That's brilliant news. Looking forward to seeing this campaign. Do the nordic factions (Denmark and Norway) retain architecture distinct from the " modified standard western design " ?
    Last edited by sgz; December 25, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

How is the mod coming? Any progress from the last time I checked? (Yes, I know that I'm impatient, but hey, thats the downside of being a creator of a masterpiece right? )

No new progress I am working on the same things. Right now in redoing a startpos to be done aoon.

Yes they have varying buildings in the north, nothing pagan anymore but otherwise (accurately) wooden designs.

You think a feasible release could be achieved before the new year?

I hope so. Even if I have to cut the new technological and building systems to readd them some other time, there must be some type of release. This must be a beta testing version of course, available on this page.

If you want to help there are some things you can do:
    Write short descriptions for the 26 playable factions:
    Normandy, France, Brittany, England, Leinster/kingdom of the isles, Scotland, Aquitaine, Toulouse, March of Tuscany/Godfrey the bearded, Swabia, Holy roman empire, Saxony, Bohemia, Denmark, Bawaria, Hungary, Croatia, Obodrites (pagan), Pisa, Venice, Apulia-calabria, Sicily (emirate),

Something like:
    a) location (and mountains, plain, coast etc)
    b) form of government (republic, duchy, county etc), including vassal of whomever
    c) campaign enemies and friends. Path to choose (very generic)

If anyone would like to.

I'll try. I'm somewhat bussy with IRL issues in the holidays, but I'll try and return to you when complete or questions.

Beta sounds good. I really hope in contributing to the beta testing phase.

The Normans look to become a power of their own. For 200 years these men bred to war toiled beneath the yoke of the France. But under the rule of their new leader, William the Bastard, a hard fought independence has been won at the tip of the sword. Now that their own borders are secure, they set their eyes to future conquests. The lands of Brittany to the east lie bridle at the rising Norman power. Their old master France to the south is vulnerable. And across the channel lies England, weakened in the turmoil of a disputed kingship. Where will the knights of Normandy ride?

England, the land of many nations. Saxons, Jutes, Angles, Danes and the Norse - all came to plunder her shores. But each in turn added their blood the land of the Britons. Now she stands in crisis. The King of England, Saint Edward the Confessor has died childless, and left behind a turmoil of succession. Harold Godwinson, a powerful lord, has taken up the crown. But many claim the right to England's riches. To the south across the Channel, William, Duke of Normandy greedily eyes his cousin's throne. Across the waters to the frozen north the viking king Harald Hardrada also lays claim to the title. England has many enemies that look upon her lands with lust, but if you succeed in holding them - your power will be unparalleled.

France stands on the blade's edge. No longer the great empire of Charlemagne, she is a shadow of her former self. Her vassals rebel against her. Her lords look to carve their own fortunes from her. And her king, Philip I, is barely old enough to be a man. But he dreams of greatness. And under your guidance he can rewind history. Reconquer the rebellious Normans to the north. Place a boot across the Duke of Aquitaine to the West. Then set your sights eastward, to the homeland of the Franks, and reclaim what is yours by right. Let the Oriflame fly proudly and do not furl your banner of war again until the enemies of France lie trampled beneath her.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel565 View Post
    France stands on the blade's edge. No longer the great empire of Charlemagne, she is a shadow of her former self. Her vassals rebel against her. Her lords look to carve their own fortunes from her. And her king, Philip I, is barely old enough to be a man. But he dreams of greatness. And under your guidance he can rewind history. Reconquer the rebellious Normans to the north. Place a boot across the Duke of Aquitaine to the West. Then set your sights eastward, to the homeland of the Franks, and reclaim what is yours by right. Let the Oriflame fly proudly and do not furl your banner of war again until the enemies of France lie trampled beneath her.
    These look good. I can whip up a few too. Which ones are you working on ? - so I don't double up.

I'd be keen to do Scotland, HRE and Hungary

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Obodrites (pagan)
    I could write one for them. So you appareantly want to start the campaign after Gottschalks death? I would let him live, since under him the Obodrites had the chance to become a proper Christian kingdom. With his death came a decades-lasting decline and internal turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    These look good. I can whip up a few too. Which ones are you working on ? - so I don't double up.

I'd be keen to do Scotland, HRE and Hungary

Post 'em! I'm just working my way down the list he posted up above. Whatever isn't already posted I'll jot something for. I'll run out of steam when I hit the more easterly Eastern provinces - as I know jack all about them.

I could try my hand at a few. What's the start date for the mod? Since the Norman-Breton war was raging just before William's invasion of England, and concerns succession, it colors how I'd write Breizh.

SCOTLAND : The mid 11th century has been a turbulent time for Scotland. In a little over 20 years five men have sat the Scottish throne. Succession has been characterized by bloody battle and treacherous murder. in 1040 Macbeth set upon Duncan's army, still reeling from it's failed attack on Durham and defeated him. But conflict with northern England lead to his defeat at the hands of the Northumbrian Earl Siward just over a decade later. Macbeth was finally killed in a battle at Lumphanen by Duncan's son Malcolm. The throne then passed his stepson Lulach. He, in turn, only reigned briefly before being defeated and killed by Malcolm at Strathbogie. Malcolm then took the throne as Malcolm III or " Canmore" ( Great Leader). Can Malcolm III consolidate and stabilize Scotland? Putting an end to internal disputes will have to be his first priority. Dealing with the ever volatile southern border will likewise be a key test of his growing skills. Will Scotland the Brave rise to become a european power of significance or remain an insignificant backwater ?
    Last edited by sgz; January 13, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

Hungary: The Hungarian plains have been long coveted for their fertile arable land, salt, silver and gold deposits. In 1000AD Stephen I, Grand Prince of the Hungarians unified and Christianized the central european Kingdom. His armies repulsed the invading HRE army of Conrad 1 in 1030. Leaving no live heirs led to internal turmoil and his cousin Vazul was blinded and sent into exile whilst Peter Orseolo of Venice ( Stephens' nephew ) was named his successor. Peter's faltering reign was propped up by HRE but ultimately he was overthrown by Andrew I ( son of Vazul). Andrew and his brother Duke Béla lead a successful defense of Hungary against invasion from Emperor Henry III of HRE in 1050 and 1053. A new civil war broke out when Duke Béla claimed the crown for himself in 1059, but his three sons accepted the rule of Solomon, Andrew I's son, in 1063. Can the wisdom of Solomon steer Hungary towards a role as a stable powerhouse of central Europe? Our eastern border is protected by the Carpathian mountains and considered secure but The Holy Roman Empire, to the west, are at best meddling in our affairs and at worst openly hostile. They shall have to be dealt with carefully. To the south lie our former lands of Croatia. Perhaps they should be brought back into the fold...
    Last edited by sgz; January 13, 2017 at 08:44 PM.