Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Converting camps to cities and nomadic factions to settled ones

Default Re: Converting camps to cities and nomadic factions to settled ones

Delminion/Dalminion is a camp: is this deliberate? It does not appear as if any faction can convert it - unless it has been added to Getai.
    Regards
    P.
    Last edited by Porphyrogenita; December 02, 2016 at 05:34 AM.

I was able to convert it as the Boii--and the Getai can also convert it AFAIK.

I've been playing as romani in 2.2f, and I been able to build farms in Siga and Capsa. Does that means I can convert them eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Palatini View Post
    I've been playing as romani in 2.2f, and I been able to build farms in Siga and Capsa. Does that means I can convert them eventually?
    No. Romans can't convert settlements.

1. Go to "export_descr_buildings". Open with Notepad++. If you don't have it, download it. It will be critical.

2. Search for "castle_to_large_town".

3. For factions, it will give a list of nations who can convert camps. Highlight them all, and write "all,".

4. Repeat for every one, and then you can convert camps.

I also have the file if you want me to message it to you.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    1. Go to "export_descr_buildings". Open with Notepad++. If you don't have it, download it. It will be critical.

3. For factions, it will give a list of nations who can convert camps. Highlight them all, and write "all,".

You forgot step 5: Start a new campaign for the changes to have effect, an existing save won't load due to the validation check settings.

so basically Macedonia cant turn camps into cities? Cause im havin troubles at Dalmatia right now. Also, The seleucids have The ability?

Quote Originally Posted by paulhewsoon1 View Post
    so basically Macedonia cant turn camps into cities? Cause im havin troubles at Dalmatia right now. Also, The seleucids have The ability?
    Neither of them can. The only Hellenistic faction that can convert camps are the Bosporans.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post

Well I did it and now the game isn't even running...!

Well I did it and now the game isn't even running...!
    It's not savegame compatible, and if you've used Windows Notepad to make the changes, you've probably corrupted the EDB.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's not savegame compatible, and if you've used Windows Notepad to make the changes, you've probably corrupted the EDB.
    Ahh... ok, well I have a backup so no problem, but the notepad++ is quite a thing...! Can't do it with the standar pad?

Ahh... ok, well I have a backup so no problem, but the notepad++ is quite a thing...! Can't do it with the standar pad?
    Nope, Windows Notepad is not a proper editor, and it often randomly inserts invalid characters without you knowing. If you intend to edit any of the files you need to use Notepad++.

OK, so which settlements can the Getai convert to cities? It's not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    OK, so which settlements can the Getai convert to cities? It's not clear.
    Any faction who can convert camps can convert any of them. What's listed in the first post are the camps nearest to them.

Any faction who can convert camps can convert any of them. What's listed in the first post are the camps nearest to them.
    And any camp where I can build the Lvl 2 farms is one that's convertible. Is there a specific process that needs to be followed?

Is there any keyword in laptop computer to take a screenshot of the game?

Well i was telling about screenshot cause i wanted to show u some predicament I'm in. I'm in the Seleucid campaign, and i've modified the script like kingman1337 told us. Now I see some camps cannot be turned into cities no matter what i do.

For example

Tadmur/Palmyra

http://imgur.com/C04RO7P

Pura

http://imgur.com/4EEDsU4

I've tried destroying the herds, but no answer till now. Any thoughts, ideas?

Tadmur is convertible, but Pura isn't. Not every camp can, they need to have the hidden_resource "mixed".

they need to have the hidden_resource "mixed".
    Care to explain?

BTW, Tadmur cannot be converted in the game. In the picture u can see what building do i have in the camp. Is there a way to reverse it?

Care to explain?

BTW, Tadmur cannot be converted in the game. In the picture u can see what building do i have in the camp. Is there a way to reverse it?

1) "mixed" is a region flag that means (I think) that the population is mixed between some settled in cities and some nomadic. Whatever its word origin, it's used to mark some settlements as camps that will convert. If a camp doesn't have this flag, then it will remain a camp as the region is not realistically convertible to an urban civilization in our timeframe. There is a list of which cities can convert in the first post of this thread.

2) I'm afraid I don't have the building icons memorized enough to tell what level of farming you are at, but there are multiple tiers. Each of them slowly converts the culture away from nomadism, and when you get to certain steps you unlock the next farm building. The final farm building is available when no Nomadism culture is above 50%, and after it builds, then you unlock the 'convert to city' building. Most likely you still have > 50% nomadism in the province and can't build the final farm. This information is provided in the building description of each farm, at the end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast