Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Converting camps to cities and nomadic factions to settled ones

Default Re: Converting camps to cities and nomadic factions to settled ones

I'm 160 turns in a Numidian campaign and I'm sorry to say that I have the same problem as Assur Nikator. Before continuing I must precise that it's not my first campaign with Numidia and that I already achieved the reform in anterior versions of EBII. However, in 2.3 I simply wasn't able to stop Steppe Nomadism going up. It's probably because of the very high Influence governors I've left there for many turns but it's frustrating nonetheless. I'm going to start a new campaign in which I will be paying close attention to culture variations. I'll let you know if I'm able to convert.
    Capsa
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sigan

Enclaves... I'm a noob.

Ok, I tried again without Governor nor Enclave and I think there is something wrong. It seems that "Steppe Nomadism" increases too fast to let the player the time to develop the settlement to the required tier.

In my test campaign, I was able to build the "Mid-scale nomad farms" in Capsa by turn 74, but the nomadic culture was at 57% which means that with a Governor, it would have been significantly higher preventing me from upgrading the farms. Furthermore, once the conversion made (by turn 92), Capsa was brought back to a "Governed Tribe" government. Is it intentional?

The conversion was impossible in Sigan because when I finally reached the "Uniform Pastoralism" tier by turn 90, the "Steppe Nomadism" culture was already at 66%. Once again, this is without the influence of a Governor. It must also be noted that in Sigan, the conversion rate was two if not three times higher than in Capsa (e.g. by turn 85 it was 33% in Sigan against 16% in Capsa).

My guess is that nomad farms are not working as intended. The description says that they're supposed to convert to "Eastern Tribalism" but 1) I couldn't find any trace of a new culture and 2) does a conversion towards "Eastern Tribalism" make sense in the case of Numidia? I was also wondering why the conversion rate was constantly increasing despite the absence of a Governor or a conversion building?

Neighbouring regions, the founding faction and the owning faction all impact conversion as well (though less than governors or fast-conversion from a specific building).

The farms don't convert to Eastern Tribal for Numidia, only for Nabatu/Saka/Pahlava.

Thanks for the answer. If there is no way to decrease nomadic culture except building an Allied government, how is the player supposed to meet the requirements for building nomad farms as Numidia?

I have the same problem as you. I ended up giving up on my numidian game. It's not exactly rational to leave regions devoid of governors and hope for factors you cant control to maybe allign at some point. I had no problem converting the camps as Carthage though...
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

I'll have a talk to the team about whether Numidia merits some conversion in the Urban Administration building to counter the pre-reform conversion to Steppe Pastoralism.

Not to hijack this convo, but aside from the related stat boosts, in the current build is there any notable incentive to convert from camp to settlement as the Sweboz?

You can build more stuff in a city than a camp, and that's it. Also most of the convertible camps in Germany don't really provide a lot of cavalry. However, on the other hand, you will have more public order penalty from distance to capital, and possibly more corruption, I am not sure how exactly this works.

I have the same problem as the other guys. Please help me, I conquered almost whole Africa, only left The Faction that shall not be named in their capitol of the same name, and part of Egypt. Yet, I can't convert, even if almost all my provinces are actual (Greek and Semitic) cities. Any help is appreciated. My Steppe nomadism is growing and is 71% in Sigan and 68% in the staring camp.

Edit: at this point, cheats are a fair game.
    Last edited by Wolf Priest; September 24, 2018 at 02:37 PM.

I have the same question about Tadmur and Nabatu when I play as AS. In my Seleucid Campaigns I always consider to take Tadmur as a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros Megas View Post
    I have the same question about Tadmur and Nabatu when I play as AS. In my Seleucid Campaigns I always consider to take Tadmur as a priority.
    Unfortunately the AS is not on the list of factions that can convert camps to settlements.

This honor is only reserved for the following:

Pahlava, Sweboz, Saka Rauka, Sauromatae, Mamla ha biMassylim, Lougiones, Kimmeros Bosporos, Halmalkot ha'Nabati, Boii, Getai and Safot Softim biQarthadast.

And even then, only nomadic camps with the following label/building (Pastoral region or better...not that uniform pastoralism) can be converted to settlements given that mid-scale pastoral farms are built and your Steppe Nomadism/Arid Nomadism culture is below 60%.
    Last edited by realm56; June 13, 2021 at 09:04 AM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Realm56, What do you recommend in this case? Wait for the conversion of Tadmur by the Nabatu or take the settlement in the early stage of game (and consequently it remains as camp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros Megas View Post
    Realm56, What do you recommend in this case? Wait for the conversion of Tadmur by the Nabatu or take the settlement in the early stage of game (and consequently it remains as camp)?
    Unfortunately, the AI will never be able to convert camps to settlements on its own, I'm afraid there is nothing more that can be done.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345