Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Late Roman Legionaries (lorica segmentata) submod for EB II v. 2.1b

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Late Roman Legionaries (lorica segmentata) submod for EB II v. 2.1b

Quote Originally Posted by lprow28 View Post
    Sure.. EB2 without bugs..and battles crashes with the original EB2 units, but after submode installation
    Can you be specific? I need you to be specific, because the only units I have changed or slightly tweaked in the original roster are the "roman cavalry equites consulares", "eastern cavalry early bodyguard", "eastern cavalry khuveshavagan", and "hellenistic infantry hoplitai indohellenikoi" (see the export_descr_unit file in the "data" folder for more information). Try using any one of these units and report back to me if they aren't working correctly. Also, are you attempting to load previous saved games? Those will no longer work (as I explained in my OP). Or are you just using custom battles at the moment to test this?

NOT ALL battles crashes.Some battle with original and your units are working correctly.I think this is not units problems.Perhaps the problem regions? northern Italy battle loaded without problems,Crashes Capua, Southern Italy and Sicily

It saddens me ... I was waiting for just such a fashion

NOT ALL battles crashes.Some battle with original and your units are working correctly.I think this is not units problems.Perhaps the problem regions? northern Italy battle loaded without problems,Crashes Capua, Southern Italy and Sicily
    Wow. That should have absolutely nothing to do with my submod if it tends to crash in certain regions, unless of course the inclusion of the new EB II v. 2.2 campaign script and AI is somehow inexplicably causing that. Please contact our forum member "z3n" about that, as he might be interested to know this. Then again, perhaps your game is crashing for completely different reasons. You should share all your crash reports with us by going into your "Medieval II Total War/logs" folder and opening up the file called "system.log". Please copy and paste what it says at the very end of the document the next time your game crashes, or simply share what it says now!

OK, I will try.
    Thank you

from system.log"
    missing
    03:57:37.093 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

from system.log"
    missing
    03:57:37.093 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    03:57:37.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    Hmm...I'm not sure what to make of that, but the unit card tga file thing does sound suspicious considering TheCataphract's problems with the Han Heavy Cavalry's unit card. His game (as far as I know) wasn't crashing at all though. Could Quintus, z3n, or someone else please weigh in here?

Missing stuff is irrelevant; the only lines that matter in the log are those with [error] on them. Or better still [fatal error].

I see that many people have downloaded this submod not only from ModDB, but also from right here on TWC forum. Can someone else weigh in and confirm that everything is working okay? I want to know if TheCataphract's problem is due to his own download and not everybody's.

Unfortunately I also fly well when run events without great sabmoda within Legionnaires all right! Why is it so? Who knows?

Is this mod compatible with 2.2 a..b .?

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Is this mod compatible with 2.2 a..b .?
    No, it is not. I don't really plan on renewing it, either. Not unless I get a bunch of requests to do so. The first run of it didn't seem to attract much attention or interest from gamers here. In retrospect, it's also rather silly and incomplete since I am not talented enough to create my own Imperial reforms, instead just lumping these guys into the Marian reforms. It's completely ahistorical.

So are these units available right after the Marian reforms? That seems early to me, should at least wait til AD before they're recruitable surely?

I mean, I personally would love to see the campaign for EB 2 to go on into the imperial era and for the units to reflect this. The decision to stop at 14 AD always seemed a little pointless and arbitrary to me. If you are either unwilling or unable to do something like that then maybe someone else could take up the project? I would do it myself but I'm as much a programmer as Gladiator is a documentary.

Noooo
    Is there maybe another mod that adds these Units? I want my Pretorian Cohort damnit!

Does this work with the EBII latest update 2.2q?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Imperator View Post
    Does this work with the EBII latest update 2.2q?
    No. It was made for a much earlier version, and needs to be updated in order to work with any current one.

Can you pls update this mod, I would like to try those legions with the latest update

I have no interest in redoing this sub-mod, so you can try to find someone who's willing to help out. Perhaps our forum member "midnite", if I'm remembering his name correctly. He showed an interest in the past about working on this or helping it come to fruition when I asked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I have no interest in redoing this sub-mod, so you can try to find someone who's willing to help out. Perhaps our forum member "midnite", if I'm remembering his name correctly. He showed an interest in the past about working on this or helping it come to fruition when I asked him.
    But what if we put those legionaries on Gondorian barded horses? :-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast