Thread: Dwarven Warriors In Iron Guard Armor

Icon1 Dwarven Warriors In Iron Guard Armor

Hello All!

I posted about this a while ago, however it got moved to a large thread and drowned in other questions, so Ill give it another go in this section!

I have been searching for a unit model for the dwarven warriors with them in the Iron Guard armor. (Basically exactly the same model as the Iron Guard but with the dwarven warriors axe instead of the sword). I was planning on using this as the Dwarven_warriors_upg model so it looks really cool if you can upgrade their armor. I havent been able to find such a model anywhere, and the software to make it is completely beyond me (I don't think my computer could even run it). So I was wondering if anyone knows if such a model exists, that they could direct me where to find it (With proper permission of course). Or if one doesn't exist, that a kind soul out there would be willing to make it quickly. (Im hoping its just as simple as copying the dwarven warrior axe and pasting it over the iron guard sword and saving that new file, but as I said I have no idea how the modeling software works). Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! You're the best!

Cheers,
    Irish

Default Re: Dwarven Warriors In Iron Guard Armor

To help things along:
    Attached Is the zip file with the Iron Guard Mesh and the attachment files for the Dwarf Warriors which should contain the axes
    Below is a picture of the axes themselves of which there appears to be three,
    There is a hollowed out one, one with a silverish blade, and one with a goldish blade.
    Much Appreciated
    Irish

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dwarf Pic.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	337182

Name:	Axes.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	337183
    Attached Files Attached Files

Icon1 The Final Edition

Hello All,

I am pleased to present the final rendition of the idea. attached is the mesh (and mesh alone) for the iron guard dwarves compatible with dwarven warrior axes.

For the modeldb coding, just copy the iron guard section, change the mesh line to reference this mesh (which you have placed in the proper folder) and then change the attachmentsets to that of ones in the dwarven warriors section. You can then change the export descr units file to give your dwarven warriors an awesome looking armor upgrade if you so wish!

preview of the model in action:
    (sorry for the low quality)

Name:	Iron Guard.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	342663

Here is the Mesh:
    Dwarven Warriors Armor Model.7z

Special thanks and rep to Mr. KB for the creation of this brilliant model, and his awesome support and patience of a neophyte like me!

Cheers,
    Irish

Default Re: Dwarven Warriors In Iron Guard Armor

I was trying to picture it in my head, now that I looked at the pic, it DOES look pretty cool...makes me think of Warhammer for some reason too.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian