Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Historical Objectives for Rome

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Objectives for Rome

Very interesting submod!

So far loving the mod mate, the only real drawback I have with it is the low bonus money you get from completing objectives. However I am using the Alternative Economy mod so 1grand is almost nothing it
    Besides that so far it seems great, I love the amount of detail you put into the objectives description too. Only thing I can suggest is to add as many objectives as you like/can. The more the merrier

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have you considered changing the fixed payloads with custom effects?
    Should be doable, if I'm correct.

You mean like effects that last X number of turns or something? Hadn't thought about that before, but sure I have the skill to figure out how to implement it. Interesting idea though.

Patrician

Yep, it will be much more satisfactory to have custom effects instead of dry payloads.
    A lot of more possibilities, too.

Think should be into "cdir_events_mission_payloads" and then work into "effect_bundles_tables" and "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables".
    Plus UI and texts ofc.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Somehow I missed that and it's looking really good. I'll surely make a note for testing it. Plus Rep ofc

Vidovit's Avatar Libertus

Hey, i like the mod concept however i think you should upgrade it with some non-conquest missions. For example research Legal law as Rome or having certain nations as client states. Not sure how rome2 is moddable but even having romanized provinces at certain %.. Keep it up!

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

I really like the mod and am using it in a new Roman campaign. I have now achieved everything in the first chapter, taking all the objectives in Spain and Africa. The only thing left is Syracuse. Problem is Syracuse has been a valuable trading partner since early days and they love us. They are allied with Epirus who also like us. I've tried several times to negotiate a split between the two. Severed trade relations like three game years ago, but they still love us and if I invade Sicily, I'm immediately untrustworthy which I'd rather not be.
    So is there a way to go to the next chapter without taking Syracuse?
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vidovit View Post
    Hey, i like the mod concept however i think you should upgrade it with some non-conquest missions. For example research Legal law as Rome or having certain nations as client states. Not sure how rome2 is moddable but even having romanized provinces at certain %.. Keep it up!
    A cool idea, not sure if it's completely moddable though. I mean adding missions based on that.

@Vidovit - There is no way I know of to have % romanization of provinces like there is in Warhammer and having vampiric corrution, etc as a percent for missions. I think I have a couple of "research X techs" in there during the time periods that make sense for them, as well as having establish an empire. I haven't had any time to work on the mod lately, but I may see about adding to it further.

@Paladin247 - unfortunately no, you have to complete all secondary objectives to progress the main objective. That is the focus of the mod is to reflect the various wars and establishment of roman provinces throughout history. I really wish we had a feature to annex provinces somehow, but that isn't doable. Question though... is Epirus alive bc they took Larissa or something? First chapter has you take Tarsus and Apollonia which are their only two settlements to start with. Sounds like you are on the second chapter which is expansion in to Carthagnian territories mostly as well as consolidating Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    @Vidovit - There is no way I know of to have % romanization of provinces like there is in Warhammer and having vampiric corrution, etc as a percent for missions. I think I have a couple of "research X techs" in there during the time periods that make sense for them, as well as having establish an empire. I haven't had any time to work on the mod lately, but I may see about adding to it further.

@Paladin247 - unfortunately no, you have to complete all secondary objectives to progress the main objective. That is the focus of the mod is to reflect the various wars and establishment of roman provinces throughout history. I really wish we had a feature to annex provinces somehow, but that isn't doable. Question though... is Epirus alive bc they took Larissa or something? First chapter has you take Tarsus and Apollonia which are their only two settlements to start with. Sounds like you are on the second chapter which is expansion in to Carthagnian territories mostly as well as consolidating Syracuse.
    Yeah, I was quite sure it's not possible to have them as in Warhammer.
    Keep it up buddy

Patrician

It is possible through events (still to do that, but should be possible, missing key is inside assembly kit) , and so you could have related effects, but I don't think you could link those to missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    It is possible through events (still to do that, but should be possible, missing key is inside assembly kit) , and so you could have related effects, but I don't think you could link those to missions.
    So, not really possible since we can't link it to missions.

Patrician

About missins I'm not sure 100%, but effects can be applied to your culture % instead of yes/no culture majority.
    You know I like micromanagement.

Semisalis

Subscribed this on workshop but i'm not getting the new objectives, not even after completing vanilla chapter 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    Subscribed this on workshop but i'm not getting the new objectives, not even after completing vanilla chapter 1.
    Have you tried the standalone version?

Semisalis

yes, but without results...

Patrician

Did you revert to the old mod manager?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Did you revert to the old mod manager?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager
    The fact that it's still problematic and all around broken is really disappointing.

Any chance for an update to this wonderful mod or if there is any similar/updated version of it out there?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast