Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Historical Objectives for Rome

Default [Submod] Historical Objectives for Rome

Historical Objectives for Rome v1.0 - Rebuild the Empire the way it was historically created (or as close as we can get in Total War)! For release version DEI 1.2.3e and beta release 1.2.3f.

This submod for Divide et Impera changes the main and secondary chapter objectives for the Rome faction to, as accurately as possible, reflect the expansion of Rome from the Samnite Wars in the 270s BC all the way through the Kitos War of 117AD. Instead of main objectives requiring things like certain numbers of units, controlling arbitrary numbers of provinces, or the like, you are now tasked with conquering regions and provinces grouped by time periods in order to advance the chapters. Most main objectives are a compilation of what you need to do for secondary objectives, so you'll always be working on both at the same time and they go hand in hand!

All work is based on Chapter Objectives (Historically Accurate) by SCVTVM on the Steam Workshop and used with permission to bring it over to DEI.

Compatible with the current release version of Divide et Impera 1.2.8a and also compatible with beta release version 1.2.8a. The mod is save-game compatible, but the new objectives will only load AFTER you complete whatever your current chapter is.

LIST OF ALL NEW OBJECTIVES FOR ROME (Secondary objectives listed together to save space)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chapter 1:
    Main Objective - Control the following settlements:
    • Panormos
    • Akgragas
    • Taras
    • Apollonia
    • Epidamnos
    • Alalia
    • Karalis

Secondary Objectives -
    • Control the following provinces - Latium, Italia
    • Control the following regions - Panormos, Akgragas, Apollonia, Epidamnos

​Chapter 2:
    Main Objective - Control the following Settlements:
    • Tarraco
    • Mastia
    • Arse
    • Gadir
    • Kartuba
    • Genua
    • Medhlan
    • Patavium
    • Syrakousai

Secondary Objectives - All related to controlling the settlements in the main objective.

Chapter 3:
    • Sparta
    • Athenai
    • Carthago
    • Iader
    • Pella

Secondary Objectives -
    • Control the following provinces - Illyricum, Macedonia
    • Control the following settlements - Carthago, Sparta, Athenai

Chapter 4:
    Main Objective - Control the following Settlements
    • Pergamum
    • Pessinus
    • Ephesus
    • Ibossim
    • Tolosa
    • Ebora

Secondary Objectives - all related to controlling the settlements listed in main objective.

Chapter 5:
    • Thapsos
    • LPQY
    • Euphranta
    • Kyrene

Secondary Objectives -
    • Control the following province - Africa
    • Research Cohort Organisation
    • Control the following settlement - Kyrene

Chapter 6:
    Main Objective - Control the following provinces:
    • Bithynia et Pontus
    • Galatia et Cappadocia
    • Caucasia
    • Bosporus
    • Achaia (Hellas)
    • Judea
    • Syria

Secondary Objectives - all related to controlling the provinces for the main objective

Chapter 7:
    • Germania Minor
    • Belgica
    • Gallia
    • Aquitania
    • Narbonensis
    • Asia

Secondary objectives - all related to controlling the provinces in the main objective AND control the settlement of Octoduron

Chapter 8:
    • Mauretania
    • Libya
    • Aegyptos
    • Tarraconensis
    • Raetia et Noricum
    • Pannonia

Secondary Objectives - all related to controlling the provinces in the main objective, control the settlement of Palmya, and establish an Empire

Chapter 9:
    • Thracia
    • Britannia
    • Dacia
    • Nabataea
    • Armenia
    • Caucasia
    • Palmyra
    • Mesopotamia

Secondary Objectives - all related to controlling the provinces for the main objective

SUBSCRIBE ON STEAM:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1576191297

Known issues:
    - Many of the region names for the objectives may not match with what is shown as the settlement names. This is due to the local string names for regions not being the same as the startpos settlement names in DEI
    Last edited by Takarazuka; November 23, 2021 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Updating OP for release of updated mod

Centenarius

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Objectives for Rome

Great idea, thank you.

This is excellent, it always bugged me trying to expand historically because the chapter objectives always came and went so fast while I was doing it and in nonsensical ways at that.

Centenarius

So far this submod is working great for me and it really adds to a historically driven campaign playing as Rome. I hope the next version of DEI can incorporate this update to Rome's historical objectives.

A similar set for those wanting to play as historical Carthage (except you are actually victorious over Rome and expand from there) would be fun.
    Last edited by Fluke; March 03, 2016 at 11:34 AM.

Glad you're liking it! I am thinking about making a few adjustments to the numbers and then changing the chapter objectives for all factions (not bonus for now) to make them last longer. Doing another Rome campaign right now and I can see where Chapter 4 objectives could be hit too quickly in some cases. Trying to find that sweet spot is a challenge I could definitely take a look at Carthage. In all honesty, in 700+ hours of gameplay so far, I have never played that faction and never looked at their objectives lol

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I think this is something which needs to be done for most if not all factions. For many factions it will almost impossible to make them historical but one could at least make them more interesting and this submod is indeed a step in the right direction. Good work Takarazuka

Pyke's Avatar Laetus

Hello,
    Someone named Daruwind had done a mod on Steam with modification of objectives for all factions. I think not DEI compatible, but you can have a look:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=220014230

Yea there are a couple of mods that increase the chapter objectives to higher levels like I did for Rome. I should have an updated version of my submod out by Monday with increased levels for all factions. I'll start taking a look at bonus objectives as well for everyone, starting with Carthage. May take some time though... my CPU seems to be on the fritz and I cannot play R2 for very long without my CPU usage spiking through the roof and Windows crashing.

Awesome mod man. I hope you update this mod and also include in those chapters (or make new ones) missions that require you to start the Gallic Wars, To invade Britain, Germania, Syria, Egypt, Parthia and as much as Rome's historical campaign.

After two years, updating this mod for DEI 1.2.3e (also works with beta 1.2.3f) and uploaded to Steam Workshop as well. All credit for the original idea goes to SCVTVM on Steam.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Great work.
    It would be good to have a list of the new missions, if possible.
    Yep, they could be checked into the txt files, but, you know, an explained report would be much better and let people helping you with new ideas or changes.

Also, are you planning to redo missions for some other faction?

I am putting together a list of all the new objectives right now to add to the post. Should be updated soon.

Yes, I do plan on doing other factions later. SCVTVM did all the work for the Rome missions, but I had done similar years ago and know how much research time goes in to it. I will work on my way down the list slowly. Egypt will be the next that will get a makeover.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Really good, this could give people a different prospective for a custom campaign.
    Glad you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Really good, this could give people a different prospective for a custom campaign.
    Glad you did that.
    absolutely. great to see this being developed, something right up my alley. well done:-)

this is amazing. thank you

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

The idea is very nice, indeed. It would certianly work very well for the Seleucids.

Was going to play another Roman play through. This will be a great addition. Thank you!

Thanks, everyone! Would love some feedback on how the flow of the objectives feels so far. I also did a small update to how the region occupation objectives are displayed. It'll now show the actual number of regions you control that are required for completion of the objective. Before, it showed total number of regions across your empire. So, starting a new campaign will show 0 of 8 controlled instead of 5 of 8. This never affected completion of the chapters since you still had to own specific ones, but it was a glitch on my end and I was using CONTROL_N_REGIONS (which is for owning a generic number of regions) instead of OWN_N_REGIONS (which keeps tab of how many specific ones you have related to the objective) heh..
    Last edited by Takarazuka; November 29, 2018 at 08:34 PM.

Centenarius

Nice to see you back!

Found an issue where you might not get any more objectives after completion of Chapter 2 and fixed it. The update is save-game compatible, but if you have completed Chapter 2, you would need to load a prior save before completing it for the script to fire again and get your missions back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast