Thread: Campaign modding starting positions and sack/razing chance

Default Campaign modding starting positions and sack/razing chance

I want to get into modding with the following goal:

I want to change many faction starting positions to make fewer, larger faction's. I would honestly prefer that there's only 1 Celt faction, 1 viking, and far fewer middle eastern client states for the sassanids.

Anyway does anyone know how to edit start positions?

Also i'd like to change the chances that the AI sacks or razes a settlement to be much less, making them actually occupy and expand sometimes.

Default Re: Campaign modding starting positions and sack/razing chance

I don`t know how much modding experience you have, but the stuff I`m going to say builds on the assumption that you know what PFM and the Assembly kit is and where relevant files are located.

For starting positions:

1) Download and start the Assembly kit
    2) Open TWeak
    3) Tools -> DAVE
    4) View -> Form launcher
    5) Starting positions

6) Do your changes. Remember that if you give a region to a faction that you have to remove armies/characters from other factions out of the city. Do small steps at a time and check frequently if you didn`t mess anything up.

7) Use BOB to build your startpos (can take some time)
    8) Now your changes are in your "working data" folder. This folder is located in the assembly kit folder.

9) start PFM
    10) In PFM: File -> add -> File(s)
    11) add the changes to the working data

I wrote that out of my head so I could have messed some stuff up. Anyways, check out this awesome tutorial here by Magnar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0QZ8Co07w Ignore the part in the beginning with deleting the file, no need for that. So bet start at 2:10.

Campaign behaviour should be a bit easier, there are already some mods for it. Best download one of them to see and check with PFM which tables you need. If you just look how stuff is done and use the vanilla tables as a basis that`s fine, but please contact the original creator of the mod and ask for permission if you want to build on their work!

Anyway, happy modding

Default Re: Campaign modding starting positions and sack/razing chance

Thanks!

I've used pack file editors for napoleon and empire total war, which had a lot less support, so i'm guessing I can figure this out.