Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full ROTK Mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Full ROTK Mod

Yo,
    So I'm a huge Romance of the three kingdoms and Dynasty warriors (samurai warriors too) fan, Shogun 2 is the perfect combination of the 2 elements, its great, I fell in love instantly with the gameplay but of course Im missing my favorite generals.

So I had to put them in the game.

This mod includes alot of changes, most noteworthy are:

• Lu Bu replaces Mori
    • Wei replaced Hojo
    • Shu Replaces Shimazu
    • Wu Replaces Chosokabe
    • Yuan Shao replaces Ikki Ikko
    • Yellow Turbans replace Hatano
    • Chinese Ming units to chinese faction
    • General units slightly stronger
    • Historical Generals even stronger
    • More abilities to vanilla units
    • Ninja samurai to Tokugawa and Hattori
    • Navy disabled (99%)
    • No need for trade nodes to build top tier buildings

Download Link:
    https://uploads.to/vd9yldf5hvrl
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2crar

Install instructions:
    Simply place the files into your shogun2/data folder. When launching the game make sure to check the 2 new files

Lu Bu's forces

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lu Bu

Zhang Liao

Lu LingQi

Shu Generals

Liu Bei

Guan Yu

Zhang Fei

Ma Chao

Zhao Yun

Huang Zhong

Wei Yan

Wei Generals

Cao Cao

Xiahou Dun

Xu Huang

Wu Generals

Sun Ce

Gan Ning

Taishi Ci

Yuan Shao Generals

Yuan Shao

Zhang He

Yellow Turbans

Zhang Jiao

Tokugawa and Takeda:

Tadakatsu Honda

Yukimura Sanada

Video Of a Replay from this mod
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akPWbgpgezk

I could not have done this without the help of:

I included a Sound_fixed.pack from the darthmod page to help change the Bow Samurai to sound like archers again, This may or may not work.. considering it works on my Desktop, but not on my Laptop.... so if anyone has a solid fix for the bugged sounds, please PM me , it would be much appreciated!

I would also like to note, there are certain items from other mods in here, Like American Daiymo's custom Daiymo skins, Ming units from Uanime5's morning sun mod (which are used from another mod) The archer tower upgrade mod, 12 turns per year , and many more, I am not taking credit for any of these. They just made the game but better so i combined them into 1 convenient pack for myself.

Link to the old beta version
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?708169-Lu-Bu-Campaign-(-ROTK-beta)&highlight=
    Last edited by Havie; January 14, 2018 at 07:10 PM.

Gogunbanzui's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Full ROTK Mod

Ming Dynasty UniformsXD

I don't know if you plan to make other units for the mod or not. This Rome 2 pack could however be used to make units more fitting for the era: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=229501730

I don't know how hard or easy it is to port unit models from say example rome to shogun but if it can be done these could provide a good start.

Once again i say thank you for your work. /Anakonda

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I don't know if you plan to make other units for the mod or not. This Rome 2 pack could however be used to make units more fitting for the era: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=229501730

I don't know how hard or easy it is to port unit models from say example rome to shogun but if it can be done these could provide a good start.

Once again i say thank you for your work. /Anakonda
    Oh man, yeah some of these uniforms could have been useful! I am definitely taking a break from Shogun 2 and modding at the moment. Im pretty burnt out. but thanks for this link, maybe some day

Highly recommend using this kessen sound track pack with my ROTK mod ^^
    Very Niace!!

The link is gone, could anyone replace it?

sorry!
    didnt have time to check if this is the most updated file, but this link shud be active

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2crar

Great job, gonna try this

Thanks (y)
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I past this Mod on my data folder but its not work

Domesticus

Does the mod take place in China, or does it use the vanilla Japanese map? The description confuses me a little

If not try working on making a China map, Uanime might can help! Would be worthwhile and make this the best ROTK mod for any Total War

Indefinitely Banned

Wow! This looks amazing, I got to try it out as well. Good work!

howyouknow215's Avatar Libertus

i downloaded this and wanted to say great job!

i wanted to import a couple of the general models into my vanilla game but i'm not having much luck in figuring it out. i have an idea of how to navigate PFM and MMS but i'm not sure of what files i need or how to script the new generals to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Does the mod take place in China, or does it use the vanilla Japanese map? The description confuses me a little

If not try working on making a China map, Uanime might can help! Would be worthwhile and make this the best ROTK mod for any Total War
    It is the Japan map, I was going to use the morning sun mods map but when i was working on this mod, there were too many bugs with the radar, and landscape, if morning suns china is fixed it would be sweet if someone merged the two.

Quote Originally Posted by howyouknow215 View Post
    i downloaded this and wanted to say great job!

i wanted to import a couple of the general models into my vanilla game but i'm not having much luck in figuring it out. i have an idea of how to navigate PFM and MMS but i'm not sure of what files i need or how to script the new generals to appear.
    This entire process was so complicated and i did it so long ago. I wish i could be of more help but i started typing a response on what i remembered for the process and it was far too much rambling to be helpful, if u have a specific question you could try PMing me and ill do my best to reply, otherwise best thing i could tell you is there are a few helpful guides by wangrin on importing custom models (weapons) which will get u started. As far as Startpos editing I couldnt get "historical" generals to work, so i had to make them all start at the beginning of the campaign.

For adding custom meshs u will need to extract the base shogun 2 skeleton and rig your new model to it properly, then compress it in BoB. theres alot of steps here and i cant even begin to list them all. Thanks for downloading the mod, hope you enjoy and good luck!

maybe we can use China from the Morning sun mod

Could u add more female general,plz ?

why dose shu kingdom dont have siege weapons ?

@Nasersaha
    I would have loved to of used the morning sun map, and wanted to when i started this mod, but it was still in working production and buggy at that point in time, if it is fixed now, anyone has my permission to make a conversion with that map ( uanime5? ) just contact me first, I'd probably lend a hand.

@phuc96125
    unfortunately I am done updating this mod, and adding female officers does not interest me, if anything other male officers like Lu Xun, Zhou Yu, and others would take a priority if i ever did come back, OR samurai warriors characters.

@peng.li Its been a long time since ive played shogun, and if shu doesnt have siege weapons i am guessing it is because the Chinese forces have different unit rosters than japan, and although they did have siege in 100 AD HAN, it wouldnt compare to fuedal Japan peroids technology, so I may have left it out, Plus honestly I never use siege weapons in endgame anyway. Sorry bout that. would have been fun to add the juggernauts from DW to this game though, lol

Thank you for your awesome mod. Will you add more generals for wei and wu? Like Lu Xun or Zhou Yu or Sima Yi...?

Quote Originally Posted by hazsflux View Post
    Thank you for your awesome mod. Will you add more generals for wei and wu? Like Lu Xun or Zhou Yu or Sima Yi...?
    Glad you enjoy this!

There is no future work being done on this mod, for me to continue i would need to find a way to make splash damage for melee weapons, this way i could make the great generals like Lu Bu and Guan Yu have custom animations that knock back and kill multiple enemies at once. The problem is because Lu Bu is alone (so he has red hare) no matter how invincible or strong I make Lu Bu his animation are dumb and he only kills like 20-50 units in a battle..... or if i give him bodyguard units... then they all have red hare... which looks stupid.

I would love to expand this mod, do it in china, and add more generals and alot more depth, but until the above is possible, I do not see myself revisiting the project. Hope you can enjoy it for what its worth, and know I check back from time to time to see if i can find the answer im looking for. Might be able to make a melee unit , into a projectile unit, with no melee weapon back up, then use the projectile db to create some kind of splash damage ranged weapon with 0-1 range and melee weapon animations to mimic the idea of a splash damage melee weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast