Thread: Vermintide

Default Vermintide

I was skeptical about this game. It didn't seem particularly compelling but I kept hearing good things about it.

So I tried it and I'm hooked. I haven't played a coop game I've enjoyed more. The community is generally fantastic as selfish play just doesn't work. The game is quite nice visually, and the engine is also fantastic in how it handles so much going on so well.

Anyways I am not one for lengthy game descriptions but even though I'm not a warhammer fan, this game is worth the money.

Honestly gameplay footage doesn't do it justice. Its a very quick, free flowing system, where you can learn to play adequately rather quickly, but it takes a lot of effort to master. You need to think on your feet, you move too slow, you get extra spawns, you move to fast, you get into situations where you are overwhelmed.

The story is decent, the voice acting well done, the environments warhammery. Skulls, skulls everywhere. Best $23 USD I've spent on a game in a long long time.
    Last edited by Phier; February 23, 2016 at 04:41 PM.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.