Thread: Question about recruiting Cretan Archers

Default Question about recruiting Cretan Archers

Loving DEI. Thank you mod team.

About Cretan Archers. Playing as Rome, I take over Lillybaion from Carthage straight away. I can then build cretan Archers. On another play through after taking over Lillybaion at no stage can I build cretan archers? I don't get it. Do I need a type 3 auxiliary barracks? If so how can I recruit them on the first play through when I don't have this building. Very confused.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Question about recruiting Cretan Archers

Cretan archers recruitable elsewhere than Crete? Sounds like a mod conflict to me

No sir. Cretan archers are recruitable from Syrakousai according to auxillary recruitment map. see region A 'available any reforms'. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ay-Content#R05

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Thought you ment the AOR. My bad. But the manual clearly states "Tier 3" so my guess is that you need aux tier 3 to recruit them

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Thought you ment the AOR. My bad. But the manual clearly states "Tier 3" so my guess is that you need aux tier 3 to recruit them
    I'll test that. Still confused how comes I could make them on the other play through without tier 3 aux building.

The Romanized ones, like other Romanized units only needs the tier 2 aux barracks. It is the reformed aux Cretan archers that require a tier 3 aux barracks and can only be recruited on the island of Crete.

Syracuse (I didn't think lilybauem could), all of macedon, and all of hellas allow the recruitment of Romanized Cretan archers from tier 2 aux barracks.

AoR Cretan archers are only available from Crete itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    The Romanized ones, like other Romanized units only needs the tier 2 aux barracks. It is the reformed aux Cretan archers that require a tier 3 aux barracks and can only be recruited on the island of Crete.

Syracuse (I didn't think lilybauem could), all of macedon, and all of hellas allow the recruitment of Romanized Cretan archers from tier 2 aux barracks.

Ok so now I'm really confused. I have Syrakousai, a lvl 2 aux camp there, cant build any kind of cretan archer. Is it my imperium level? which is 4? I just don't get it. On the other play through I can make them as soon as I take syrakous at the very start of the game.

You shouldn't be able to make them as soon as you take Syracuse at the start of the game, you need a roman aux barracks.

Imperium has nothing to do with it (outside of reforms for the later marian reform auxillary Cretan archer unit).

What mods are you using besides DeI, if any?

only the one that allows all factions to do full diplomacy.

That shouldn't effect recruitment.

That's strange, as long as you have Syracuse and a tier 2 aux barracks, you should be able to recruit Romanized Cretan archers.

I don't believe Romanized units require majority latin culture, but they might. By any chance is greek or punic the dominant culture in sicily?

No, on that play through Im hundreds of turns in, its very romanised. Currently responding while in another game so can't give you exact figures.

Btw Lilybaem has the Aux of Africa so Numidian cav, Libyan Inf ect.

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAliarcy View Post
    Btw Lilybaem has the Aux of Africa so Numidian cav, Libyan Inf ect.
    Interesting. To access them would I need to build an aux barracks especially in Lilybaem? or just somewhere in the province that settlement is part of?

You need to build it in Lilybauem, some Aux is not always tied to a province especially in Magna Graeica. I found this out when I had conquered it and tried to build and Aux camp there for Tarantine Cav, Libyan Infantry is pretty good though and was a good replacement for Samnite Socii Hastati as I prefer to have a variety of Socii in my armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post

Then why I cant recruit them, im playing as Macedon and I have Crete under my control?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Becaus you need higher level of main city building.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

This is a 3 year old thread, closing it.

To answer the latest question, to recruit AOR Cretan archers requires a tier 3 main city building.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 15, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----