Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    This mod is amazing JustDoit8, very impressive, I enjoyed that much in "play battle" I had to incorporate it into Campaign mode, only for private use of course
    nice job and I look forward to the French units and your Austrians look amazing.
    I am flatted, good sir, thank you!

I am currently looking into making a custom grand campaign with reworked unit roster as well

On the other note, you may agree that existing vanilla ETW cannon models look out of place for the period of American War of Independence.
    So, I decided to replace those with more suitable ones from NTW.

I made a short video so that you can see how it looks in action!

Let me know what you gents think

Last edited by HighOnTea; April 09, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    On the other note, you may agree that existing vanilla ETW cannon models look out of place for the period of American War of Independence.
    So, I decided to replace those with more suitable ones from NTW.

I made a short video so that you can see how it looks in action!

Let me know what you gents think

Wow, they look amazing as per usual Justdoit8 and yes they do look out of place (vanilla Cannons), as a player more than a modder you just live with it I guess
    However not any more apparently or rather not for much longer anyway.
    Nice job as always

Last edited by HighOnTea; April 09, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Gentlemen!

I hope your Easter holidays were memorable and that you are well rested!

Today, I would like to show you another planned edition to the future version of this mod.
    General's bodyguard in the most recent playable version of the mod is equal in strength and numbers to any other light dragoon unit featured in RoAR. I decided that this shall be the case no longer!
    In addition to reworked visuals, the unit will :

• consist of fewer men;
    • tougher in defensive melee action;
    • and armed with pistols.

Men entrusted with guarding the Commander's life will also be armed and trained to fire pistols mounted and on the move to increase tactical flexibility of the unit.
    This preview should give you a taste of the core mechanic described above. It features British General's Bodyguard unit armed with pistols pouring lead into the 3rd Continental light dragoons troop before engaging in melee.
    This is still in the works and requires tweaking to ensure the mechanic works smoothly under different circumstances.

Banastre Tarleton, however, will be commanding a full strength squadron of his British Legion dragoons and will be melee oriented unit.

Here is the video preview and screenshots of the mechanic in action:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Let me know what you think, gents!

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Wow they look really really good HighOnTea, Can't wait for your masterpiece, Love your work dude

Gentlemen,

I'd like to thank you for the support and nominations in the TWC modding awards!
    It is also my pleasure to announce that the TWC Modding Awards VOTING has begun! Make sure to check out the polls and support the mods of your choice and your favorite mod creators
    Last edited by HighOnTea; May 12, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Time for another update, gents!

This time, I present you the new equipment models:
    French Bearskin

French Backpack

Painted Canvas Knapsack

Let me know what you guys think!

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Just superb HighOnTea, your unit model details are a work of art, I like the tighter spacing for your units on the battle map too seems to make the soldiers feel more professional and drilled imo. Any ETA on your update release?

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Just superb HighOnTea, your unit model details are a work of art, I like the tighter spacing for your units on the battle map too seems to make the soldiers feel more professional and drilled imo. Any ETA on your update release?
    Thank you! I am trying to go for as life-like representation of uniforms, equipment and battles as possible

I expect this summer to be the busiest one of all the previous ones due to RL obligations, so it's hard to give a concrete ETA.
    But, a minor update could be pushed to 4.July or some date later this summer.

I have added +rep, great work!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Congrat HighOnTea well done

Thank you, gentlemen!

This wouldn't have been possible without your support, which, truly, means a lot to me!

EnsignElliott's Avatar Libertus

This is a great mod. My only problem is that when playing as Britain in a campaign on Darthmod, any battles with Russia get a CTD. Anyone else experienced this or found a way to get round it??

Civis

How come this mod is not in the campaign or unit sizes changed to 300? Is it different than other Unit Packs???

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    How come this mod is not in the campaign or unit sizes changed to 300? Is it different than other Unit Packs???
    This mod is quite different from other unit packs.

Initially, the intention of this mod was to bring historical regiments with proper uniforms and equipment for custom and multiplayer battles, not to be a submod for total conversion mods like Darthmod etc. V1 also allowed for recruitment in campaign setting, but there was no proper integration and balancing of stats. The current plan is to create custom campaign, in grand campaign setting, to be able to plays as both US and Britain BUT with strong focus on American theater of war. It is already in the works so stay tuned.

When it comes to unit sizes, the war of American revolution was rather small in scale when compared to European conflicts, so smaller units in RoAR fit the setting.
    Additionally, I do not share the love for huge units and lag fest that generally comes with it with graphical settings maxed out.
    In case you want larger units, its an easy fix in db files, which you can do yourself.

Civis

Thank you for the info and replying back to me.
    Respectfully BCL

Good day, gentlemen!

Sneak peak of custom Soissonnais Grenadier bearskin hat complete with:
    -Custom front plate;
    -Cord and braids;
    -Plume.

Voila!

High on Tea,
    Truly beautiful work!! +rep!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Thank you!

Now, I think the time has come for some custom French uniforms!
    Behold the grenadier of Soissonnais Rgt.
    What do you gents think?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast