Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    Do my next question is; which file governs spacing and volley fire?

So I can avoid installing it and just have the units themselves. If that's even possible.
    You can't remove the file which governs unit spacing and volley fire. You have to edit the "AR_main_FINAL_V2.pack".
    unit_stats_land_tables
    folder contains file and rank spacing columns which you can edit.
    unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions folder is where you can add rank_fire ability to your infantry.

For V2 I will make multiple versions of the mod with unedited abilities and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Davout21e View Post
    Sorry if im being dumb but will this work with campaign now or does it have to be made compatible?
    It's not integrated into campaign yet. Only a few units can be recruited though. Units will be added to the campaign after the V2 of the mod is released.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Will you reskining the sailors crew and admirals on the ships of the United States, Great Britain, Spain and France too?
    I will start by adding marine infantry units to the factions. They will be reused as marines on ships. Further down the road I might add sailors and captains.
    Britain and United States are a priority though.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! This kind of units at some point were withing my intention to make but i see that what you've made wouldnt for me possible to make, the quailty is exceptional and absolutely makes Empire look like a game released a couple of years ago.
    If you could make something similar for other factions, lets say Austria which they badly need a revamp it would be magnificent

EDIT You should consider including this pack with IMperial destroyer mod, a large project that ultimately corrects Empire in most of its aspects thats already released,
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; August 27, 2016 at 10:09 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Great mod! Any ideas regarding the campaign compatibility? Do you plan on making it compatible with the "Road to Independence" campaign?

Gentlemen,

Version 2 of the mod is now public!

Head over to moddb for download: Regiments of American Revolution (RoAR) V2

---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

There are mods out there with similair level of detail, Denovas Great Northern War units for example, and nec pluribus impar. You should incorporate the best looking units from other mods into your mod in my opinion. It is kind of immersive breaking to play with your gorgeous units and then see the other factions have units that make your eyes bleed.
    And of course don't forget to mention the authors in the mod credits from the units you do take into your mod, if you decide to do it

You will made also france?

Quote Originally Posted by napoleone View Post
    You will made also france?
    Yes, I am planning to. Otherwise the campaign experience will be incomplete.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    There are mods out there with similair level of detail, Denovas Great Northern War units for example, and nec pluribus impar. You should incorporate the best looking units from other mods into your mod in my opinion. It is kind of immersive breaking to play with your gorgeous units and then see the other factions have units that make your eyes bleed.
    And of course don't forget to mention the authors in the mod credits from the units you do take into your mod, if you decide to do it
    JustDoIt8, in case you follow this suggestion, I'll mention that the advice from GrnEyedDvl (who is both a Hex Administrator and Site Owner of TWC) is to "Ask for permission and give credit where its due unless they have specifically stated that its free to use. " Fedual is right that you would need to give credit to a modder whose work you used. I would not want you to get into trouble for failing to "Ask for permission" as well as give credit!

Good luck with the continued development of this impressive mod!
    Last edited by Alwyn; January 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    JustDoIt8, in case you follow this suggestion, I'll mention that the advice from GrnEyedDvl (who is both a Hex Administrator and Site Owner of TWC) is to "Ask for permission and give credit where its due unless they have specifically stated that its free to use. " Fedual is right that you would need to give credit to a modder whose work you used. I would not want you to get into trouble for failing to "Ask for permission" as well as give credit!

Good luck with the continued development of this impressive mod!
    Thank you, Alwyn!

As a matter of fact, I've mentioned Wangrin and Flikitos as the primary contributors to development of this mod.
    When it comes to incorporating complete units from other mods, I try to avoid it \, as designs tend to be inconsistent across the mods.
    Additionally, this mod is my hobby and I am trying to create models from scratch whenever possible

madrush's Avatar Senator

when will we see the american units placed into the campaign? Ive tested it but only GB is able to get theyre respective units

Laetus

Hello
    Find battle music faction specific of the creator Gnr Gs, you can apply for the permissions to work and be able to include in your project ROAR?

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtov21zpoc...music.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1rcqxld6dlc1sp/hgk.jpg?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Tonetigil View Post
    Hello
    Find battle music faction specific of the creator Gnr Gs, you can apply for the permissions to work and be able to include in your project ROAR?

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtov21zpoc...music.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1rcqxld6dlc1sp/hgk.jpg?dl=0

Hello and thank you!

I will certainly consider adding it as an optional sub-mod when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! This kind of units at some point were withing my intention to make but i see that what you've made wouldnt for me possible to make, the quailty is exceptional and absolutely makes Empire look like a game released a couple of years ago.
    If you could make something similar for other factions, lets say Austria which they badly need a revamp it would be magnificent
    Thanks for the kind words again

I completely agree with your point on Austrians needing a revamp, so here is a treat:
    NOTE: Still WIP.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by HighOnTea; February 28, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

Love the added historical touch of the sprig in the Austrians' headgear.

Quote Originally Posted by rasnow94 View Post
    Love the added historical touch of the sprig in the Austrians' headgear.
    One does not simply forego one of the most distinct Royal Austrian uniform features

will there be French Regiments since they worked with the US back in the Revolutionary War

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    will there be French Regiments since they worked with the US back in the Revolutionary War
    Yes, of course! I am working on the models for their uniforms. It will take some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Yes, of course! I am working on the models for their uniforms. It will take some time though.
    Yay Frenchies!!

onmy6's Avatar Miles

This mod is amazing JustDoit8, very impressive, I enjoyed that much in "play battle" I had to incorporate it into Campaign mode, only for private use of course
    nice job and I look forward to the French units and your Austrians look amazing.

Good day, gentlemen!

Plowing through The Royal Archives revealed some intriguing accounts indeed!

It appears that a representatives of a civilization never before encountered by man were found by an expedition and have become subjects of the British crown. They offered their warrior caste as troops for the army of King George in return for Tea.

This regiment did not receive a name or number. Instead, its members proudly bear a symbol of dominant race on their belt buckles.
    No accounts of encounters with this regiment were left by the adversaries as nobody lived to tell the story...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast