Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Thanks I hope there will be a skin for the regular British line infantry similar to the US Line Infantry and hope the general's bodyguard for both factions get a reskin too then this mod will be complete for sure I am loving it though great mod.
    Unlike the Continentals, the British had all of their regiments uniformed in a unique way to some extent. However, you can just pic any of the regiments and use them as your base line. For example, here is how the new 7th Foot will look:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imho,this could serve the purpose of the generic British line
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Did some tweaks to the mod for my personal use. Disabled vanilla units and so that only these units are available for US and England. Changed vanilla marines to british marines and US continental north with new naval officers. Played road to independence and damn episode III looks amazing. Have'nt enjoyed playing ETW like this for a very long time. Amazing job. Would be sweet if spain, france and the dutch got new units aswell. The other factions usualy don't bother though.
    Last edited by ACMilan88; April 19, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Did some tweaks to the mod for my personal use. Disabled vanilla units and so that only these units are available for US and England. Changed vanilla marines to british marines and US continental north with new naval officers. Played road to independence and damn episode III looks amazing. Have'nt enjoyed playing ETW like this for a very long time. Amazing job. Would be sweet if spain, france and the dutch got new units aswell. The other factions usualy don't bother though.
    Mind posting some screenshots of your campaign?
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

@ ACMilan88 can you please tell us how to disable the vanilla units and put this units instead? so maybe you can play TAR with this fantastic units.

A little update, gents!

With the new models I was able to recreate the British Legion cavalry, also known as Tarleton's Light Dragoons.
    These fearsome and battle hardened troops will be making their appearance in V2 of the mod

Quote Originally Posted by morada454 View Post
    @ ACMilan88 can you please tell us how to disable the vanilla units and put this units instead? so maybe you can play TAR with this fantastic units.
    It's easy. Download DbEditor for Empire total war. Then launch DbEditor.exe, locate your ETW installation folder. The tool will display all the mod packs in your Empire Total War/data -folder. Check the mod pack you want to edit. Now you will see what databes tables have been moded (it's the ones with bold text). The gray ones are for the main game. Units are enabled or disabled in the table "Unit_To_Exclusive_Faction_Premission" by a value of True or False. You have to look through the unit tables for main game, find what units you want to disable and then copy the unit ID (First column) and past it into "Unit_To_Exclusive_Faction_Premission" and type false. You can also clone a row with the toolbar. Also in the toolbar there is an option for disabling CA packages or something like that, uncheck this option and the dropdown function in the editor will be dissabled. This is nessesary in ordet to change the values in the columns. Also in Mod Workshop section here on twcenter there's guides on how to use this tool.

Personally i think TAR would be the best mod around if they used these models and units for all factions involdved - France, USA, Britan, Netherlands, Spain. With historical regements/units ofcourse. I feel many ETW mods fails because there is no conistency regarding unts, factions have different units with different models, different texture quality and from different time periods and so on. I tried to fix historical units for all factions, replacing vanilla, when i continued working with 7 years war mod, but to do this for all factions whas to much for 1 guy. However the revolutionary war has less factions so it shouldn't be overwhelming.
    Last edited by ACMilan88; April 21, 2016 at 02:38 PM.

hey ac, thanks for the answer i made it work. i can play the TAR mod with these models now.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Great work, JustDoit8!

Can somebody please make a guide or video step by step about how to make it work in campaign in darthmod I really struggle to make it work in campaign.

cmon guys I really want to play this mod! but when I click on campaign in darthmod it always crash (custom battles are working) just want to change british units in darth for these !!

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I think the 20th devonshire and 27th inniskilling regiments of foot would be pretty cool to add though too as britishbattles.com has a good representations of those regiments for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Great work, JustDoit8!
    Thanks, Alwyn!

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    I think the 20th devonshire and 27th inniskilling regiments of foot would be pretty cool to add though too as britishbattles.com has a good representations of those regiments for sure.
    Oh you want some yellow Brits with yellow facings? I already have smth for you. Scroll down to see Loyalist Conscripts
    I will most likely make 20th or 27th for V2 I decided to make the most notable regiments with both middle and flank companies. Some of them, however, operated with flank companies detached. I know 20th was at Saratoga, but units all wore the distinct light infantry cap ( one I used for 33rd light infantry). Would make them rather indistinct :/ Trying to find balance.

7th Rgt. Light Coy

17th Rgt. Light Coy

Loyalist Conscripts

17th Light Dragoons

Updated Tarleton's Dragoons

Continental 3rd Light Dragoons

Washington's grenadiers got a better mitre with updated texture (hopefully more historically accurate)

Some screens on this great mod.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	336549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	336552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	336550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	336547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	336551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	336548
    Last edited by ACMilan88; April 23, 2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Thanks, Alwyn!

Oh you want some yellow Brits with yellow facings? I already have smth for you. Scroll down to see Loyalist Conscripts
    I will most likely make 20th or 27th for V2 I decided to make the most notable regiments with both middle and flank companies. Some of them, however, operated with flank companies detached. I know 20th was at Saratoga, but units all wore the distinct light infantry cap ( one I used for 33rd light infantry). Would make them rather indistinct :/ Trying to find balance.

7th Rgt. Light Coy

17th Rgt. Light Coy

Loyalist Conscripts

17th Light Dragoons

Updated Tarleton's Dragoons

Continental 3rd Light Dragoons

Washington's grenadiers got a better mitre with updated texture (hopefully more historically accurate)

Thanks it all looks fantastic will hope in the future we see General's bodyguard too your work is great truly.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Some screens on this great mod.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	336549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	336552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	336550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	336547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	336551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	336548
    Wow! Looks great indeed!

So far I've only played custom battles with this mod but what I really want is to see these regiments in a campaign setting, not limited to US faction, but, if possible, limited to the American continent.

If you could take the coding of campaign, I can make basic unit rosters for France, Netherlands and Spain based on regiments actively engaged in any conflicts in the North America, but not as detailed as the British ( inc. Hessian mercs) and US rosters

Will you make the US units recruitable in the road to Independence campaign:- American War Of the Independence and United States Campaigns?

OK, I finally managed it work with campaign

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Wow! Looks great indeed!

So far I've only played custom battles with this mod but what I really want is to see these regiments in a campaign setting, not limited to US faction, but, if possible, limited to the American continent.

If you could take the coding of campaign, I can make basic unit rosters for France, Netherlands and Spain based on regiments actively engaged in any conflicts in the North America, but not as detailed as the British ( inc. Hessian mercs) and US rosters
    Sent you a PM :-)

Civis

Thorvall95 How did you get the mod to work for Darthmod? As soon as I installed the mod it crashed. I thought it was not compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    Thorvall95 How did you get the mod to work for Darthmod? As soon as I installed the mod it crashed. I thought it was not compatible?
    I will tell you what I did

1. I reinstalled darthmod
    2. At the darthmod launcher you have feature edit (user script) click on that
    3. then I copied this: AR main_FINAL V2 to my user script contents
    4.Then I started a new game and it worked for me

(Before that make sure you have AR main_FINAL V2 in your ETW data folder)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast