Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Civis

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Dame you have some TALENT!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing work. Just Amazing.

Vamandrac's Avatar Foederatus

Very impressive skins! Can't wait for the release.

This new update will be about men who did not fight the war of their own.
    That's right, I hereby present you the Hessian mercenaries in service of the British Crown !

Regiment Von Bose:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lossberg Fusilier Regiment:

Fearsome men of Rall Grenadier Regiment:

A peak on their equipment... (Cartridge box and the pack are from Preussen's Gloria mod by Megasalexandros (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2%29-27-5-2012)

Facing width for Lossberg and Von Bose are subject to change., just as shade of blue used for their coats.

Hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by HighOnTea; March 28, 2016 at 05:04 AM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Civis

You have outdone yourself Sir. The units look amazing!!!!!!!!

Any rough ETA when you will release them?

Rough ETA is 1-2 weeks
    It's mostly polishing that is left
    Small update:
    33rd foot as they would have appeared at Guilford Courthouse:
    Yoo can also see the new unit icons

Updated crests for Saratoga campaign British hats

Continental Artillery (6lb cannon):

Black Watch:

Haslet's Delawares got a mitre hat that is smaller ( closer to light infantry rather than grenadier):

16th Light Dragoons

Other changes:
    -Mitre hats of Continental grenadiers, Rall grenadies and Lossberg Fusiliers have been sized down to look more realistic;
    -Vertex-weights fixes on equipment;
    -Minor texture improvements
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Civis

WOW they look good. Some quick questions?

1. Will the units be Darthmod size? Roughly 300 to 400?
    2. I know you have been very busy, but any luck with the musket and bayonet models?
    3. After this mod do you plan to release a new hat mod for Empires units, because on DME the units look ok, but the tricorn hats look very small and terrible, the tricorn hats on this mod look amazing, and will you be modding any other factions such as Austria, Russia, France, etc? The DME uniforms look fine but the faces and Hats need some work. Thank you again for dedicating your time to this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    WOW they look good. Some quick questions?

1. Will the units be Darthmod size? Roughly 300 to 400?
    2. I know you have been very busy, but any luck with the musket and bayonet models?
    3. After this mod do you plan to release a new hat mod for Empires units, because on DME the units look ok, but the tricorn hats look very small and terrible, the tricorn hats on this mod look amazing, and will you be modding any other factions such as Austria, Russia, France, etc? The DME uniforms look fine but the faces and Hats need some work. Thank you again for dedicating your time to this mod.
    1. Unit size is easy to mod. Can make submod that increases it to 300-400 men. However, all of my models are LOD 1 ( highest level of detail). This would put a high toll on your pc and you'll probably experience frequent crashes due to the fact that ETW 860itself isn't fit to handle too much model variation. Btw, my test revealed that 15 unique regiments per army is the maximum where game still shows all variations. After that it only shows half. But if there are 15 unique units and 20 units total ( 5 clones) then the variations will still show up. I tested it with 12 Gb RAM i7 CPU and 2Gb GDDR 5 Nvidia GTX 860 and even reduced the model details by half or more for LOD 3 and LOD 4 ( the model one sees when zooming out). Sadly, it had no effect.

2. I haven't looked into getting new weapons/cannons into the game yet. Will probably come out with one of the later versions of the mod since I am also planning to add some new equipment parts and remake the old ones
    3. I will not be working on the vanilla units because adding a nice hat (or other item) to bad looking model will look even more rediculous. Besides, my model is meant to be stand-alone with sub-mods for gun physics, unit morale, effects etc.
    I haven't planned to make any other units for European factions, but maybe I'll add some for France and Spain, as they also took part in conflicts in the North America. However, if I have the time and inspiration, other factions will get a few core units

So this will be compatible with Darth Mod then? Also I am currently running the enhanced vanilla unit mod, but the British uniforms are from the French & Indian War era. Will it be possible to use both together so I can use your skins British skins instead and keep the rest?

madrush's Avatar Senator

Im crying on the inside because the mod isnt done or released. Me wanty very much

Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    So this will be compatible with Darth Mod then? Also I am currently running the enhanced vanilla unit mod, but the British uniforms are from the French & Indian War era. Will it be possible to use both together so I can use your skins British skins instead and keep the rest?
    It should be compatible, unless some of the units are named the same in the db_tables. Also, unit stats of my units are set specifically to fit a sub_mod, that increases bullet dispersion at distance, impact of losses on morale etc.
    So, you'd have to change the unit stats yourself if you want to play it in Darth mod.

The mod is almost complete. I have already begun looking into the second version of the mod.
    I've changed the model from Imperial Splendour and got this:

This torso model has much less clipping issues and is more historically accurate, kudos to Flikitos for making the original.

Awesome! Cannot wait for the release

I will be uploading the mod to Moddb, so you can follow it there as well
    Here is the link :
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/regiments-...can-revolution

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    It should be compatible, unless some of the units are named the same in the db_tables. Also, unit stats of my units are set specifically to fit a sub_mod, that increases bullet dispersion at distance, impact of losses on morale etc.
    So, you'd have to change the unit stats yourself if you want to play it in Darth mod.

The mod is almost complete. I have already begun looking into the second version of the mod.

This torso model has much less clipping issues and is more historically accurate, kudos to Flikitos for making the original.
    Is there any way you would consider releasing a version without those modifications so we could use the models with other mods?

Usually Darth himself made the mods compatible with his mod. If you want to have these units available in campaign, then it might be problematic and I don't have time to add this compatibility feature and test it. However, changing the unit stats to fit Darth mod is quite easy. You can modify the pack yourself by following tutorials available on this forum

Oh and by the way.... the mod is now available for download on Moddb Try it out
    Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/regiments-...-revolution-v1

You can find the installation instructions both here, at the bottom of the first post, and at Moddb page.
    Last edited by HighOnTea; April 12, 2016 at 08:18 AM.

Hello, first of all super graet models. Can i add this models to TAR mod? and when yes can i do this with pfm?

Civis

Unfortunately I just tried using this mod with DarthMod and it crashed. Its unfortunate because its a very good mod.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    Unfortunately I just tried using this mod with DarthMod and it crashed. Its unfortunate because its a very good mod.
    That is a shame....was looking forward to using both.

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Outstanding! Would be fantastik playing these units in road to independence campaign. +1

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks I hope there will be a skin for the regular British line infantry similar to the US Line Infantry and hope the general's bodyguard for both factions get a reskin too then this mod will be complete for sure I am loving it though great mod.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast