Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

Default Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

This modification adds new units, which represent famous British, Continental and Hessian regiments that fought during the American Revolutionary war 1775-1783.

The mod features new, more historically accurate models and textures for uniforms, head wear and equipment used at different stages of the conflict.

I aim at making the uniforms and equipment close to historical but that might not always be the case.

With this you will be able to recreate battles, fight for freedom of the colonies or for the glory of the King.

Current Version: v2 [November 21, 2016]
    Supports custom/multiplayer battles.
    NOT integrated into the campaign & Not officially & fully compatible with other mods.
    Planned Features

-Reworking existing faction unit rosters;
    -Reworking and adding improved models and textures;
    -Adding French and Spanish regiments;
    -Creating a custom campaign with US and Britain playable.

Awards Won

Best Unit Mod of 2016

Credits

This mod wouldn't have been possible without the help and support from the TWC community!
    I would like to thank extremely talented developers of the Imperial Splendour mod,

Flikitos - for using heavily modified versions of some of his models (base torso and backpack straps);
    wangrin - for his tutorials and assistance, which helped me start 3d-modelling in Milkshape. He kindly helped me with solving multiple issues of textures not showing up correctly. I also used a number of his oper-source 3D models.

I would also like to thank
    ♔hammeredalways♔ for a huge amount of books on uniformology of this period.

Please, check out their work and give them a Rep

Note:
    the content of this mod is NOT free-source and should not be used in other mods without my express permission.

So, here you go!

BRITISH TROOPS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Generic British General

17th light Dragoons:

Tarleton's British Legion Dragoons

1st Foot Guards:

2nd Foot Guards (Coldstream Guards):

23rd Foot Grenadier (Royal Welch Fusiliers)

23rd Foot, Battalion Company:

33rd Foot, Grenadier:

33rd Foot, Battalion Company

33rd Foot, Battalion Company Veterans

33rd Foot, Light Infantry Company

17th Foot, Grenadier

17th Foot, Battalion Company

17th Foot, Light Infantry Company

43rd Foot, Battalion Company:

7th Foot (Royal Fusiliers), Grenadier

7th Foot, Battalion Company

7th Foot, Battalion Company Veterans

7th Foot, Light Infantry Company

Loyalist Conscripts

62nd Foot, Battalion Company

21st Foot, Battalion Company

British Legion Infantry

Ferguson's Riflemen

Prince of Wales Regiment

6 lber Battery of Royal Artillery

KING'S MERCENARIES FROM

HESSE-KASSEL

Regiment Rall Grenadier:

Regiment Von Bose Musketier:

Regiment Von Lossberg Fusilier:

UNITED STATES

Continental General

2nd Continental Light Dragoons:

3rd Continental Light Dragoons:

1st Delaware (Haslet's Delaware):

2nd Maryland:

2nd Canadian Line (Congress' Own):

Commander in Chief Guard

2nd New Hampshire

Continental Regular Line infantry (Northern States)

Continental Regular Line infantry (Mid-Atlantic States)

Continental Light infantry:

3rd New Jersey:

26th Regiment, Grenadiers( Washington's Grenadiers):

2nd South Carolina:

Continental Militia

Minutemen

Morgan's Riflemen Corps

6 lber battery of Continental Artillery

Installation instructions:

Follow the Moddb link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/regiments-...tion/downloads

1. Download and unzip the files:

2. Copy the *.pack file to your Empire data folder located in:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

3. Activate the mod using the last version of the Mod Manager or edit the user.empire_script.txt in this folder:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Sub-Mods
    I personally use and recommend the following optional sub-mods for better immersion. Check them out and Rep the creators
    Note: The files and respective user.script entries come with the main mod archive for convenience as most original links are dead.

Featured
    Death Animations by Hofan
    Musket Sounds by General Andy
    To be included

Enlarged Flags by Primergy
    Empire Total Flags by JFC

Compatibility with DarthMod Fix:
    Cudos to Thorvall95, who has shared the fix

Procedure:

1. RE-install DarthMod;
    2. Click on the feature edit (user script) in the DarthMod launcher;
    3. Copy "AR main_FINAL V2" to the user script contents (ensure that "AR main_FINAL V2" is in your ETW data folder);
    4.Start a new game

Last edited by HighOnTea; June 11, 2017 at 02:57 AM.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Civis

Default Re: Regiments of American Revolutionary War 1775 -1783

WOW beautiful models I must say, im overjoyed to see this completed. Its to bad that Empire total war has had some wonderful models, but have never had a mod that changes the musket models and bayonets. I wonder if you could borrow the musket models from Imperial Splendor and implement them in empire total war? Its always been a draw back, but once again you all have done a wonderful job and the models look wonderful.

1. Will the mod be compatible with DME 8.1?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Impressive textures and unit cards! I wonder if you are also planning to make a version of the mod which would allow Britain and the United States to recruit these units in the campaign? I would be interested to try a campaign using a startpos from my These United Colonies mod and your Regiments of American Revolutionary War mod.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    WOW beautiful models I must say, im overjoyed to see this completed. Its to bad that Empire total war has had some wonderful models, but have never had a mod that changes the musket models and bayonets. I wonder if you could borrow the musket models from Imperial Splendor and implement them in empire total war? Its always been a draw back, but once again you all have done a wonderful job and the models look wonderful.
    Thank you for the kind words!

First on the to-do list is completing the soldier models & textures, including those of officers, drummers and standard bearers. I would love to see these regiments march with historically looking weapons, too. I not me, then maybe someone could make a small sub-mod for that
    1. Will the mod be compatible with DME 8.1?
    I remember it was Darth who made all the mods compatible with DME. My mod adds completely new units, so, unless there is some already existing unit in DME that is listed with the same name db tables as on of mine, it should be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Impressive textures and unit cards! I wonder if you are also planning to make a version of the mod which would allow Britain and the United States to recruit these units in the campaign? I would be interested to try a campaign using a startpos from my These United Colonies mod and your Regiments of American Revolutionary War mod.
    Thanks! I've actually made a lot of models,too Don Troiani is to thank for the unit cards.
    Although the mod is specifically designed for custom & multiplayer battles, I've made it possible to recruit most if not all units. Would be lovely to make a difference with these in a campaign setting
    I'll be posting a preview of American Regiments this week. Some time later I will compile a demo pack for download.
    Last edited by HighOnTea; February 18, 2016 at 02:26 AM.

Civis

@JustDoit8. Thanks for the reply if I could assist you at all please don't hesitate to contact me, and I would love to work with you if you decide to create better musket and bayonet models. Your tha Man!!!!!!!

Civis

@JustDoit8. Thanks for the reply if I could assist you at all please don't hesitate to contact me, and I would love to work with you if you decide to create better musket and bayonet models. Your tha Man!!!!!!!
    Continental Army Looks absolutely wonderful, these have to be the most detailed models I have ever seen for ETW. For once the units skin color is correct and accurate.

Continental Army Looks absolutely wonderful, these have to be the most detailed models I have ever seen for ETW. For once the units skin color is correct and accurate.
    Thanks The final blue color for the continentals will be lighter, just like the one the 2nd Maryland regiment has. Brown and red would also have to be less vibrant to give the feel actively worn uniform. Brighter versions would be given to officers

And regarding you previous post, I'd love getting new artillery models and textures in as well. When the time comes,I will contact the IS team for permission to use the absolutely beautiful ones made by wangrin.
    Last edited by HighOnTea; February 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM.

Civis

Yes that's a wonderful idea for the lighter blue I really like it, it really distinguishes the Continental Army. I noticed on Darthmod that the Continental Line infantry which is no where near as good as yours resembles the Prussian infantry. And yes your absolutely right about the brighter colors for the officers, hence they wanted the troops to recognize them in battle and the enemy so they would not be targeted in engagements...Gentlemen's warfare.
    And yes the IS modders did a wonderful job with musket/bayonet, and artillery textures, I know this seems a bit much but Darthmod nor any other moder created a stand alone mod for French revolutionary units in the 1790s. Tricorn to Helmet did, but it was imported to IS, and its beautiful, but I have to say your units are the best I have seen since Prussia Gloria mod. Absolutley wonderful work, and I'm ecstatic to see Empire Total War make a come back. Once again Great work!!!!!!!!!

Great work on models, textures and units cards for the Continental Army (as well as the British) units!

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Amazing units!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

madrush's Avatar Senator

any new updates?

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    any new updates?
    I am overloaded with work at the moment.
    Most likely there will be a few minor updates in a week or so.
    My current plan is to make rework most of the American roster, add a few units such as 2nd New York and 1-2 militia units + long riflemen.
    At the same time I will be working on fixing vertex weights on the some of the equipment.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Civis

JustDoit8 Once again thank you for working on this mod, its greatly appreciated, we know you are busy and please take your time, its worth the wait.
    ohh did you hear anything back about the musket/bayonet textures?

Civis

PS. I'm in graduate school and graduate this year, and besides being a landscaper I am a historian of this time period. I was definitely considering on doing some serious modifications for empire total war. Could you please give me a link or information on what programs I need and a small tutorial on how to create mods? Only if you have time. I recently bought a very powerful desktop and would like to give back to the empire total war community for their hard work and dedication by keeping ETW alive. Please get back to me. Thanks.

Respectfully BL.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

PS. I'm in graduate school and graduate this year, and besides being a landscaper I am a historian of this time period. I was definitely considering on doing some serious modifications for empire total war. Could you please give me a link or information on what programs I need and a small tutorial on how to create mods? Only if you have time. I recently bought a very powerful desktop and would like to give back to the empire total war community for their hard work and dedication by keeping ETW alive. Please get back to me. Thanks.

Respectfully BL.
    try this a starter, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-I-use-them

Alwyn also put together a good summary I'm sure he will post up the link
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

There is a list of my basic 'how-to' guides, plus a couple of links to information by expert modders, here.

You asked about tools. The main tool is Pack File Manager (PFM) - you can download the latest version from the Tools, Tutorials and Resources area of the Mod Workshop for Total War: Attila, here (I don't think that you will need a copy of Attila to use the latest version of PFM to create mods for ETW - I could use the previous version to make mods for ETW before I had a copy of Rome II). You will also need an ESF editor, if you want to edit the startpos.esf (the file which the game uses to create the world at the start of a campaign). You'll find ESF Editor 1.4.3 in the 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources' area of the Empire Mod Workshop, here. An expert modder, wangrin, recommended (a couple of posts further down the same thread) EditSF 1.1 (he provided a link).

You asked for a tutorial on how to create mods. For creating a mod pack with PFM, I find erasmus777's tutorial on making mods for NTW helpful for making ETW mods - you can find it here. If you would like to learn how to mod the startpos, a great starting point is husserlTW's My Modding Work, particularly his tutorials on STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications.

You mentioned that you want to do serious modifications. If you are new to modding, I suggest starting small - for example if you want to unlock 20 units, try unlocking one first and testing the mod; if you want to create 50 units, try creating one unit first and testing it. One trivial error in one box of one database table could cause your mod to crash and (rarely, but it's happened to me) a small problem with a test mod could cause you to have to re-install ETW.
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 03, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

Civis

Thank you all so very much, this is a big help. Thanks

JustDoit8 Once again thank you for working on this mod, its greatly appreciated, we know you are busy and please take your time, its worth the wait.
    ohh did you hear anything back about the musket/bayonet textures?
    Thank you for the support!
    I will be contacting IS devs for a permission to use their assets once I all the units are ready to go

And it is time for a small update.
    The grenadiers of 26th regiment now have a proper mitre as opposed to the one issued to the Haslet's Delawares.
    The model is was done by wangrin and I made the texture. Tassel on top will be removed and texture will also be overhauled later on.

Also notice the bread bag on the left side. Previously the belts suffered from clipping issues (especially noticeable in square formation) , which have now been mostly fixed.

Here are some screenshots of the men in action:

madrush's Avatar Senator

top notch mate

And I have a development update

-All models overhauled
    -All textures overhauled
    > Officers have brighter uniforms than privates
    > Royal Blue looks blue now compared to near black as before
    > Facings are narrower as they should be
    > Belts are not as bright
    -Added officers and drummers (only one type for now)
    -Artillery added (only 6lb guns for now)
    Units added:
    16th light dragoons
    Militia
    British Legion Infantry
    Prince of Wales Rgt.
    21st Rgt. of Foot
    5ht Rgt. Grenadier
    7th Rgt. Grenadier
    Ferguson's Riflemen
    Morgan's Riflemen
    2nd Canadian Rgt. Light infantry co.

And here are some examples:

Last edited by HighOnTea; March 24, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast