Thread: Tusk Team Tournament (1.6 beta,)

Default Tusk Team Tournament (1.6 beta,)

Hello everyone! Its time for me to finally set the rules on that tournament I promised would be happening during Make War, not Love!

Time:

This tournament will start on February 19th, at 14:22 PST, or 22:22 GMT.

Basic Premise:

Teams will be comprised of two players, one of whom will play the same faction in every round of the tournament, and the other who must play a different faction during each round of the tournament.

This tournament will use the public beta of 1.6 tuskmod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=444725858

This tournament will be organized in the testers of tuskmod chat, please be there 30 minutes prior to the match: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/testersoftuskmod

We do have a discord channel, if any teams wish to use it for coordination or voice chat: https://discord.gg/0hgCM3v7e2dq74Fo

Format:

This tournament will use several round robin brackets of 3-6 teams, the best of whom will advance to a single elimination semifinals->finals tournament.

The finals/semi-finals will be best of three.

This format was chosen because it can resolve an incredibly diverse number of matches in what should roughly be the same amount of time provided no complications arise.

Challonge brackets will be available once we know how many teams have signed up.

Map/Faction choice:

The first player on all teams is stuck with their first faction throughout the whole tournament.

The second player on each team is allowed to re-pick their faction until they are satisfied with the match, but cannot play the same faction twice.

Any balanced map is allowed, in any season. (Kariskos, East/West Plains, Swamps, ETC ETC.)

The battles are attacker-attacker.

Army building rules:

This tournament will make use of medium funds (7500.)

Each player is allowed to bring a maximum of four of the same unit.

Each team is allowed to bring a maximum of thirteen units of the same unit class (Spear infantry, melee infantry, shock cavalry, ETC ETC.) This is not counting generals.

If any of these rules are broken in a way that causes a team to unfairly win, the opposing team may demand a rematch. If the team which won broke no rules, there is no obligation for such a rematch.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; February 15, 2016 at 03:47 PM.

Default Re: Tusk Team Tournament (1.6 beta,)

I was playing two mp battles with my friend the other day and i noticed that units in formations (shield wall for example) always break formation and charge when u give them attack order on another unit (they walk up close in formation and then brake). Isn't it so in Charlemagne that units in formation don't break and charge when they use their shield wall?
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

I have no idea how this would interfere with Charlemagne shield wall behaviors.

As I understood it, the way to get sheildwall on shieldwall combat was to order your units to walk past the enemy units, but I will investigate AOC's files to see if somehow, they rewrote one of sheildwalls behaviors to actually make it not break when attack orders were issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrusjones View Post
    I have no idea how this would interfere with Charlemagne shield wall behaviors.

As I understood it, the way to get sheildwall on shieldwall combat was to order your units to walk past the enemy units, but I will investigate AOC's files to see if somehow, they rewrote one of sheildwalls behaviors to actually make it not break when attack orders were issued.
    eh never mind, i though it worked differently in Charlemagne - don't bother with it
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

I didn't find any changes to the behaviors in AOC anyhow, so it is the tusk style walk behind the enemy tournament players have been using...

Also, this tournament happens to be getting ready to happen in 1:40!

Ultimately, while roughly 13 individuals did declare there intent to show up for the tournament, the number that showed up was unfortunately too low for a true bracketed series of battles.

However, in the end, there was a clear winner to the series. Houseplant and Deve managed to do far better in their friendly battles then all others who showed up, and have given incredible feedback to me regarding what I need to do to secure the future of this mod.