Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DOL AMROTH

Icon4 DOL AMROTH

I have recently been talking with Mr.J that they should make DOL AMROTH an stand alone Faction in ROM,

But Mr.J dosent think its a good idea/dont want to, So i am asking of the community what you think about it maybe someone can make a vote system for it.

What DOL AMROTH campaign would be is to hold back HARAD and UMBAR so that GONDOR can hold back MORDOR.

DOL AMROTH would be a quite strong Faction almost like the IRON HILLS i would think,

And i also think that GONDOR is a little to big to rule it all, When i think of GONDOR i think of Minas Tirith not DOL AMROTH!.

Comment what you think?.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: DOL AMROTH

gondor is extremely loosely comparable whit a federation so dol amroth [DA] are managing their own things like dealing whit administration and other things but they were still part of gondor therefore my opinion is that it should be united whit gondor
    but in the end it does not really matter for in TATW gondor and DA were not splitted then a submod does it the same can be done here. It is as simple as that
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

IMO Gondor should actually only be centered around Minas Tirith, Osgiliath and Pelagrir, since irc they ruled rather indirectly, through fiefdoms.
    If Dol Amroth became a faction of its own, they´d need Belfalas as province, whereas if not it´d be debatable if Dol Amroth or Pelagrir should be the province capital.
    I´d actually be in favour of Pelagrir, irc it was the bigger of the two.

Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Thats the juice of Gondor and most of modern countries. You have central administration and you have fiefs/regions with own government which follows the law of this country and controlled by central government.
    Such regions as Pinnath Gelin, Andrast are located even farther than Belfalas so your ideas of Gondor been presented by only MT, Osgiliath and Pelargir are not certain. Though I see your points, guys.

I can certainly see the fiefs being represented as vassals, especially since in the lore, they act as semi-independent clients sending what they can to defend their overlord´s territory.
    They also have their own native gear, leadership and organisation.

IMO Gondor should be represented as a Dúnedain central power with its own core roster (like Gondor Infantrymen, Bowmen & Knights).
    They should IMO only be located at major Dúnedain settlements, since that´s actually where their direct influence ended.
    Of course they should have the ability to levy their fiefdoms´ forces by sending recruiting officers (eg.: armies) west and south.

Additionally I´m really looking forward to seeing the Rohirrim, I wonder how you guys will do that^^
    Will they be Cavalry only, with middle to elite forces able to dismount and forming up?

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

For me Gondor looks pretty similar to US.
    Though I just spoke with our concept team and they don't think it's good idea to seprate DA from Gondor. Though we admit it has all rights to be.
    Some people say we should stick to uniqueness of each faction but we went a little non-lore way. We added some common units to factions like Lothlorien and Rohan when first should have bowmen and second - horsemen.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; February 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

It would be nice and all to have the governmental systems of each nation incorporated, that is the problem with having separate entities in a game controlled by one person, the player. As a ruler, your worst enemy is many times your own government! That being said, the alliance, confederation, etc. seems really weak in Total War games. When I played it there was no chance of getting help or ordering them to do things (or they send puny help). Don't know if that has been changed. Btw, what's the fad with making threads in all caps?

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Haha dont know why i did that new to this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    For me Gondor looks pretty similar to US.
    Though I just spoke with our concept team and they don't think it's good idea to seprate DA from Gondor. Though we admit it has all rights to be.
    Some people say we should stick to uniqueness of each faction but we went a little non-lore way. We added some common units to factions like Lothlorien and Rohan when first should have bowmen and second - horsemen.
    For me Gondor always looked more like a medieval state with fiefdoms rather than a relatively recently founded nation^^

I have no prob with a little derivation from the lore, but wouldn´t AoR be better than simply giving Rohan Elven Bowmen, only because PJ did do in TTT?
    Even if we consider it as "canon", it would still only be an isolated incidence, which IMO wouldn´t justify that a human nation could at will recruit elven bowmen.

Same with Lothlorien fielding Rohirrim horsemen, that would be too much of a stretch I´d say, as it never happened, neither in the films nor the books.

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

Oh wait wait waaaaait. You didnt understand me. I meant Rohan is supposed to have only horsemen or majority of horsemen but what we did is added infantry units.
    Same done to Lothlorien, instead of pure missile roster we added some melee infantry guys.

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

Seems rational to me. We've seen the most prominent aspect of Rohan and Lothlorien's armies, but that should not mean that they only had access to specialized cavalry or archers
    In fact during the battle for Hornburg, according to the book version no cavalry was involved, except for Erkenbrand's relief force. And I believe that when Frodo and Sam were woken up by a goblin incursion in Lorien one of the Galadhrim showed up with an unsheathed blade, instead of just a bow ^^
    Ofc Lorien should be the archetypal archer faction, but if there are no infantry to defend them, even with all their talent at archery they'll be shredded by Guldur shock troopers

oh that´s what you meant^^
    perfectly misunderstood you there^^

Concerning Rohan, I think the DeI solution from their nomad factions looks promising for the Rohirrim.
    From what I remember from the Lore, they were a pure horse nation, the levy consisted purely of horsemen, which additionally also were able to function as infantry.
    But it´s your mod, I can´t wait for your solutions^^

And concerning Lothlorien, it was never explicitly written how the elves fought, except for their border guards.
    We could either assume that this was their main force, which used the extent of forest for guerilla warfare, or they only constituted a part of their forces.

We may also assume that the border guards were multi-purpose troops, either lightly armed infantry in guerilla or more heavily armed infantry in pitched battles.
    Fact is that they were able to fight their way to and invest Dol Guldur, completely destroying the fortress in the process.
    We don´t know by how much this was done by Galadriel and Celeborn, but at least some part of the battles must have been done by their forces.

Additionally, they took part in the battle against Sauron in the second age, and I just can´t imagine them just shooting arrows and ambushing orcs.
    They may have used light infantry only in the war of the Ring, due to the woody nature of their theatre of war, but there just has to be some sort of heavy infantry during the second age.

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

I think Dol Amroth deserve to be a separate faction more than the Iron Hills do. Firstly and most importantly, they have their own family tree even in it is tied in with Gondor's. Secondly, Imrahil is given the title of prince while none of the other fiefs are which suggests superiority and more autonomy compared to the other regions. I'm not saying they should be they're own faction even at a full release but if they were I wouldn't feel like they were added for the sake of having an extra faction.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    I think Dol Amroth deserve to be a separate faction more than the Iron Hills do. Firstly and most importantly, they have their own family tree even in it is tied in with Gondor's. Secondly, Imrahil is given the title of prince while none of the other fiefs are which suggests superiority and more autonomy compared to the other regions. I'm not saying they should be they're own faction even at a full release but if they were I wouldn't feel like they were added for the sake of having an extra faction.
    I totally agree that Dol amroth should be a separate faction of its own.

1. They maintain a unique half-elven bloodline.
    2. It would somehow balance out HARAD and UMBAR from pressuring GONDOR early on.
    3. Among the fief-doms, it is the most infuencial and powerful principality (hence Imrahil's title)

I don't know if this is possible but GONDOR should have its unit roster composed of 50% lower class units as generic ones, meaning they can be recruited from anywhere and 10% from MINAS TIRITH only (example MINAS TIRITH KNIGHTS, MINAS TIRITH SWORDMEN, MINAS TIRITH ARCHERS and so on). And 40% of elite units that needs to be recruited on specific places (AoR). (example, Pelargir Marines, Osgiliath guards, Blackroot Rangers and so on).

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post

Concerning Rohan, I think the DeI solution from their nomad factions looks promising for the Rohirrim.
    From what I remember from the Lore, they were a pure horse nation, the levy consisted purely of horsemen, which additionally also were able to function as infantry.
    But it´s your mod, I can´t wait for your solutions^^
    Remember that AI can't dismount cavalry units, so it would mean that Rohan would be unable to storm cities if it did not had any infantry. Not to mention what will happen if single uruk squad with pikes will defend small street.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Remember that AI can't dismount cavalry units, so it would mean that Rohan would be unable to storm cities if it did not had any infantry. Not to mention what will happen if single uruk squad with pikes will defend small street.
    Dang that stinks, that was one of the major advantages of cavalry, being able to double as infantry.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by dfool06 View Post
    I totally agree that Dol amroth should be a separate faction of its own.

1. They maintain a unique half-elven bloodline.
    2. It would somehow balance out HARAD and UMBAR from pressuring GONDOR early on.
    3. Among the fief-doms, it is the most infuencial and powerful principality (hence Imrahil's title)

I don't know if this is possible but GONDOR should have its unit roster composed of 50% lower class units as generic ones, meaning they can be recruited from anywhere and 10% from MINAS TIRITH only (example MINAS TIRITH KNIGHTS, MINAS TIRITH SWORDMEN, MINAS TIRITH ARCHERS and so on). And 40% of elite units that needs to be recruited on specific places (AoR). (example, Pelargir Marines, Osgiliath guards, Blackroot Rangers and so on).

Nice to hear that some people are whit me on this thank you for your comment

Please no Dol Amroth!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast