Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Eagles General Discussion Thread

Default Re: [WIP] Rise of the Eagles - a Napoleonic mod for MTW2

Princesses and Priests have already been dealt with, same for the Pope. I was unsure if I should keep one or two, to represent Josephine de Beauharnais and Louise of Mecklenburg but I'll probably discard the idea.

As for religion, it will be used as political orientation when the French or the Coalition forces conquest settlements.
    Namely:

Bonapartist
    Reactionary
    Conservative

For the Russians I was thinking about giving them a unit in battle with the ability to chant that carries a big icon of the virgin Mary across the lines before battle but this is just a concept for now. We will see.

New prussian saddle complete with carbine and different texture for the horses

Prussian Grenadiers

French Hussars

I not like this mod but if be extend to the Middle East and India is I will like it and it have add Ottoman Empire and Mughal Empire is will very great

French hussars with new saddle

Today I had less time than usual, so I just made a better busch for the Prussian Grenadiers

And the 1st Foot Guards

French Dragoons

Centenarius

That horse model is really amazing! good job Let me give you an advice: always make mod backups!, other mods suffered from hard drive crashes
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Thanks. Yes I always make weekly backups. It's the first thing to do. Always.

French Chasseurs

Guard Seamen

At the moment I'm using "Napoleon's Campaign in Poland 1806-1807" by Loraine Petre as reference for the stats, until Imperial Bayonets arrives. I didnt know a book could cost that much, but worth having it.
    Last edited by Sirlion; March 25, 2016 at 02:43 PM.

French 6pdr

Prussian Dragoons

Uhlans (they attack with the lance during the first charge, then use their regular sword in close combat)

Prussian Cuirassiers

French Lancers and Cuirassiers

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Nice in job man
    Can't wait for the release, if there is availabale talented people with spare time they should definitively help you
    Sadly, I am not. +rep

Made other units, but I'm particularly proud of these

Prussian Jagers (1806-7)

Landwehr Infantry

When Prussia and France will get both their units done I'll release an alpha with just land battles to test the combat and get some feedback.

I see Wurtemberg fation, another minor german factions ? (Nassau-Usingen, Hesse, Westphalia, etc...)

Saxony, Hessen, Bavaria, Wurttemberg. Westphalia will be most likely a series of unique units for when France conquers Oldenburg and Hessen. Same for Mecklenburg and Nassau. The reason for this is simple, the 500 units limit is too restrictive. The alternative would be making a line infantry unit and a cavalry unit of a single type and let the player choose the kind of unit with upgrades - for example upgrading the weapon would transform a generic cavalry unit into lancers, upgrading the armor cuirassiers etc. We'll see

Since I'm not a person who likes to toy with people's expectations and I also dont like wasting time on projects that would never be as I want them to be, I want to announce that I'll halt development on this mod for some time as I'm considering abandoning it entirely. The reason being the answers to my questions in the Scripting forum, which are really not encouraging me to continue development. I was told of the marvelous scripting capabilities of MTW2, therefore I was willing to work hard, and I did for quite some time now. However, since even basic tasks apparently cannot be done properly and the armies have near zero customization script-wise, I feel that adding simple flavour events is kind of pointless. So unless a scripter tells me that there are more possibilities that what I'm currently seeing, or I figure out how to, at the very least, manage attrition and supplies properly, I'm going back to NTW. I hope you understand my reasoning. If I got to work hours upon hours on a project it is mandatory for me that it works the way I intend it to work.
    Whatever my final decision will be, I'll freely release the material I got, with the only condition of crediting me in your mods.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Sorry to hear it mate, but I totally understand your frustrations.

You've already done so much great work, so even if you can't have all your ideas come to fruition under the limitations of the engine, I know that if you find a way around them, you're sure to release an awesome Medieval 2 mod.

Best of luck going forward.