Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lets Speculate again: Next FLC faction coming soon? TW Wiki hint

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Lets Speculate again: Next FLC faction coming soon? TW Wiki hint

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Funny thing is almost everything we know about the Bulgarians from 170s ad onwards is from the Armenian Authors like Vardan the Great - the guy you chosed to use his name as your profile name... Ironic right ? So before talking nonsense read what Vardan the Great wrote in his works.
    Hey buddy, Vardan Mamikonyan (the Great) was not a historian he was a sparapet - military leader. I know much about the Bulgars, about Volga-Bulgars. I know this all not only from ancient Armenian authors, whom you are quoting so many times. I met notions about Bulgars many times when I red history in general, from different books. The problem is that in that territory a vast amount of nations lived in that times. Many of them participated in wars like mercenaries or allies. So when I say Bulgars came up two ages later, I speak about the significant unit called Buglaria which was formed in 7th century. For instance, if I follow your logic, the first Armenian kingdom was created ages before Orontid Armenia. It comes from Hayassa-Azzi confederation. But we say that first Armenian Kingdom was created when Armenia gained total independence during Orontid Dynasty after collapse of Achemenid Empire. Maybe you are Bulgarian, it could explain your arrogance, but please be cool dude.
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; February 16, 2016 at 01:09 PM.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Very informative post FrozenmenSS, but it could use the loving touch of enter a few times!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Hey buddy, Vardan Mamikonyan (the Great) was not a historian he was a sparapet - military leader. I know much about the Bulgars, about Volga-Bulgars. I know this all not only from ancient Armenian authors, whom you are quoting so many times. I met notions about Bulgars many times when I red history in general, from different books. The problem is that in that territory a vast amount of nations lived in that times. Many of them participated in wars like mercenaries or allies. So when I say Bulgars came up two ages later, I speak about the significant unit called Buglaria which was formed in 7th century. For instance, if I follow your logic, the first Armenian kingdom was created ages before Orontid Armenia. It comes from Hayassa-Azzi confederation. But we say that first Armenian Kingdom was created when Armenia gained total independence during Orontid Dynasty after collapse of Achemenid Empire. Maybe you are Bulgarian, it could explain your arrogance, but please be cool dude.
    I was talking about this one.And I dont want to be arrogant at all. I'm not advocating for Bulgarian Kingdom but Bulgarians, Still in their tribalism with some governmental organisations taken from Sassanid Persia. For a Kingdom like state we can talk 100% accurately after 600-632ad
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardan_Areveltsi

He wrote for example that in 198ad in the Caucasus Bulgarians and Armenians waged war on each other.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 16, 2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Armenia already have mods to make it playable, so CA will no released a simple faction to say "Hey, you have mods to play with this faction, so we made it playable, but not in better way!". These mods have more quallity than most of the DLC from CA, and of course, FLC.
    I can't get the logic when you guys say that Armenia has modes. You know each faction can have a mod, and what? And mods will always remain mods. They can not add some features that are hard-coded. So the faction will stay kind of , regardless how brilliant the mod is.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    I was talking about this one.And I dont want to be arrogant at all.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardan_Areveltsi

He wrote for example that in 198ad in the Caucasus Bulgarians and Armenians waged war on each other.
    I respect the history (esp. when it is written by Armenians ) but this is not that case. It is not about it. Once again, it is not about the origins of Bulgars. Did I ever demanded to add other small but independent Armenian States like Commagene, Lesser Armenia and Osroene that existed along with Greater Armenia (which you just call Armenia) into Rome 2? No. The same here. Read my previous reply to your post.
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; February 16, 2016 at 01:33 PM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    I can't get the logic when you guys say that Armenia has nodes. You know each faction can have mod, and what? And mods will always remain modes. They do not add some features that are hard-coded. So the faction will stay in some way regardless how brilliant the mode is.
    Don't even give such talk the time of day. CA doesn't give a damn if there's "already a mod for that." If anything, CA might take inspiration from it for their own new content and that is not a bad thing because some modders do excellent work. I just hope that if the FLC is indeed Armenia then CA will put better work into it than they did for Armenia in Rome 2. That was a disaster.
    Last edited by Darios; February 16, 2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

I know each faction can have mods (I have a renaissance mod in progress, with animations, music, factions and even ships working in Attila) but many mods have much better quallity than CAm just take a look to Avetis reskins, or DramaBelli's units (romans, or the last ones for Cordoba and Franks). Is not good for CA release a faction who already have a better quallity mod to play with it. Also, the entire Cultural Packs can be make with mods, there is nothing hard-coded in these packs, so yes, these DLC's (even more, the FLC's) are units, some faction icon, and maybe a custom culture with a couple of missions, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Don't even give such talk the time of day. CA doesn't give a damn if there's "already a mod for that." If anything, CA might take inspiration from it for their own new content and that is not a bad thing because some modders do excellent work. I just hope that if the FLC is indeed Armenia then CA will put better work into it than they did for Armenia in Rome 2. That was a disaster.
    Persian Cataphracts, Eastern Spearmen and Kartli Axemen in Armenian roster. Just check it with DEI Armenian version, which the guys did for free. :/

for me armenia and north african rhe most logical
    armenia was main reason for ERE and persian to fight and can be part of slavic them (USSR,RE and Orthodox)
    north adrican have so many unique units and WRE need more fun in africa ( )
    and (my armenian friend will be disappointed ) i hope it will be berbers or other NA
    if it the last FLC it will be logical
    they feel missing frome sand empires DLC
    they have units allready
    they make huge impact in AoC and LR
    religion stuff like other desert nation
    and armenia will be just like Lakhmids in GC
    and Slavs only had roster and 2 units for nations - thats mean we will have persion army with some armenian units

The only thing that you will get with Armenia as FLC is the copy/paste version of Armenia of Rome 2 EE. For these below listed reasons:

1. The same 3 provinces as in Rome 2;

2. The same vassal state status as in Rome 2, only the sovereign will be changed from Parthia to Sassanid Empire, which are almost the same if you analyse them closely in the both games with very little difference;

3. The same strategic location between two empires, in Rome 2 these empires were, Parthia and Roman Empire (Antonius), and now in Attila you have ERE and Sassanids;

4. The same cavalry oriented units as in Rome 2 TW;

5. Not as good unites and character names as we have from "Armenia between Empires" mod.

Besides we already have one faction, Lakhmids as the vassal kingdom of Sassanid Empire, now you are going to have another one - Armenia. And one more, in the 5th century Armenia was very weak kingdom even in Caucasia, as it was annexed first among the other Caucasian kingdoms by the Sassanids in 428. So, it's more logical to release the Caucasian DLC rather than the Armenia alone.

Hence if CA is releasing the one faction as FLC, it is more logical to make Kartli playable, which was definitely the strongest kingdom in the 5th and the 6th cc. Caucasus region. And Vakhtang I Gorgasali
    was one of the most important and legendary kings of Attila's age.

Also I would love to see the Lazica or Nobatia, as they are the vassal kingdoms of ERE. We already have vassal kingdom of Sassanids as playable, so now it is time to have ERE client state as well,
    of course if you like to play with non-independent faction from the beginning of the game.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    The only thing that you will get with Armenia as FLC is the copy/paste version of Armenia of Rome 2 EE. For these below listed reasons:

1. The same 3 provinces as in Rome 2;

2. The same vassal state status as in Rome 2, only the sovereign will be changed from Parthia to Sassanid Empire, which are almost the same if you analyse them closely in the both games with very little difference;

3. The same strategic location between two empires, in Rome 2 these empires were, Parthia and Roman Empire (Antonius), and now in Attila you have ERE and Sassanids;

4. The same cavalry oriented units as in Rome 2 TW;

5. Not as good unites and character names as we have from "Armenia between Empires" mod.

Besides we already have one faction, Lakhmids as the vassal kingdom of Sassanid Empire, now you are going to have another one - Armenia. And one more, in the 5th century Armenia was very weak kingdom even in Caucasia, as it was annexed first among the other Caucasian kingdoms by the Sassanids in 428. So, it's more logical to release the Caucasian DLC rather than the Armenia alone.

Hence if CA is releasing the one faction as FLC, it is more logical to make Kartli playable, which was definitely the strongest kingdom in the 5th and the 6th cc. Caucasus region. And Vakhtang I Gorgasali
    was one of the most important and legendary kings of Attila's age.

Also I would love to see the Lazica or Nobatia, as they are the vassal kingdoms of ERE. We already have vassal kingdom of Sassanids as playable, so now it is time to have ERE client state as well,
    of course if you like to play with non-independent faction from the beginning of the game.
    1. Not the same provinces, only one town is the same.
    2. Armenia was not a vassal of Parthia (in Rome 2 also) , it was a temporally depended from Rome (not even a client state, check roman sources)
    3. The same strategic position didn't keep Persia, WRE and ERE to have different units.
    4. LOL - is it even an argument?
    5. Who said that, it may be even better.
    All the additional information you wrote after the bullet points is vague - I won't even comment it.
    Conclusion: Keep your eternal envy towards Armenians closer to your soul, my Georgian friend. Promote your ideas and don't try to elevate your importance by decreasing others'. Sadly I must accept that the only neighboring christian state of Armenia treats like you.
    P.S. Just check who created your alphabet - an Armenian - Mesrob Mashtots. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_scripts - maybe not the best link, but it was fast. Surely, you will deny it. So nvm.
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; February 17, 2016 at 09:51 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial
    north african nation FLC was show in the beginning (у армении будет следующий тотал вар)

Well, I as correct after all. Is the logic way for CA, this way they will "cover" the entire map.

There u can see the emblem of the new FREE LC faction (first from the right)

EDIT:

looks similar to Garamantian emblem

Last edited by Fanest; February 17, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Then is Garamantia, is the same emblem but in other colour.

So the guys who said it will be an African cation are relatives of Nostradamus I suppose, because I see no logic.
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; February 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM.

great, we will have two Axums
    pure happiness

I wouldn't look too deeply into that. On the main menu it said that he was playing a modded version of the game. He could have had some kind of faction unlock mod going...

Also, CA Darren did click on the Desert factions for no apparent reason. He might have been doing it to mess around with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    great, we will have two Axums
    pure happiness
    In Avetis we trust! Your mod is the only light that spreads on AttilaTW game.
    P.S. I would prefer to create some fund and repay good moders that develop the game. The lazy guys always leave games undone because they know moders will work on it. Their monopoly position allow do whatever they want. I think we, true fast of historical games must gather and decide what to perform.
    Last edited by Vardan the Great; February 17, 2016 at 11:55 AM.

CA want to say "hey we cover the entire map", that's why they made a north african and slavic pack.

Is the same emblem of Garamantia but in other colour, same as CA did many times in the past, they just recolour a faction emblem and talk about it like a new emblem. Is a north african faction, is garamantian emblem, so is easy, is Garamantia, it will be a mix of the old roster from vanilla with the new Aksum roster.

Nice end for this game CA... well done... Very good game, very bad DLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    CA want to say "hey we cover the entire map", that's why they made a north african and slavic pack.

Is the same emblem of Garamantia but in other colour, same as CA did many times in the past, they just recolour a faction emblem and talk about it like a new emblem. Is a north african faction, is garamantian emblem, so is easy, is Garamantia, it will be a mix of the old roster from vanilla with the new Aksum roster.

Nice end for this game CA... well done... Very good game, very bad DLC...
    This is very compelling evidence, but I don't wanna put stock in it until CA officially announces it. If its true then it's honestly a real let down...this game really Armenia far more than another desert faction.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast