Thread: Mod in progress: Trying to expand Gift Region or control direction of hordes

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Default Mod in progress: Trying to expand Gift Region or control direction of hordes

I am creating a mod/submod that changes horde behavior.
    Has anyone tried these in their mods:
    1) I would like open up gifting of any region, even when the horde is not settled.
    2) Open up gifting to a horde who is raiding but not camped
    3) Change region fertility in startpos (or elsewhere) so that border regions between the Romans and others attract them more than wandering aimlessly.
    Has any mod been able to do this outside of the fertility_level_tables that the mod "fertility + 1" uses?
    In my mod, I've changed fertility with this method, but they don't seem to respond.
    What other factors affect a region/province's fertility? Farms? Something in effect_bundles?

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Mod in progress: Trying to expand Gift Region or control direction of hordes

So I figured out how to modify the fertility of border regions.
    They seem to be on a scale from 0-10.
    I installed assembly kit and am modding the startpos file.
    Here is a decent intro.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0QZ8Co07w

My only complaint is that BOB fails to compile the changes and gives me this error: === Campaign / Process start pos (main_attila) ===Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes.

=====================================
    Duration: 1 min(s)

I finally got around this by checking Steam while Bob was processing. Steam was asking my permission to let it start BOB.
    7 minutes later I had a new starpos file.

I tested it in a vanilla campaign.
    The hordes do indeed gravitate to these regions with increased fertility.
    I had 5 hordes camping on my fertile regions in the WRE.
    Suebi just camped in Belgica instead of heading south or raiding.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Re: Mod in progress: Trying to expand Gift Region or control direction of hordes

Any luck with the gifting of regions? Not being able to give land to my allies or vassels really annoys me.