Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New DLC: Slavic Nations Pack

Default Re: New DLC: Slavic Nations Pack

I doubt these fantasy units will be enough to stop the nonstop Hunnic spawns, let alone in the heart of it.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dickwang View Post
    I doubt these fantasy units will be enough to stop the nonstop Hunnic spawns, let alone in the heart of it.

those units are just as fantasy as the units of the Saxsons,Viking forefathers from the vendel period ,1/4 of ERE units and some of the Hunnic units thatt got Avar armour from later periods.

My predictions:
    - Slavs will barely look different from Germans
    - Same generic barbarian voices
    - Same tech tree
    - Same buildings except for the one special building they mentioned
    - Same generic "Barbarian village" maps with statues of Odin
    - 50/50 chance of getting Slavic Paganism as new religion

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    My predictions:
    - Slavs will barely look different from Germans
    - Same generic barbarian voices
    - Same tech tree
    - Same buildings except for the one special building they mentioned
    - Same generic "Barbarian village" maps with statues of Odin
    - 50/50 chance of getting Slavic Paganism as new religion
    -They will look different enough (i think at least as celts from germans)
    -Yeah same voices for sure
    -Yes same tech tree probably
    -They mentioned several special buildings (wonders)
    -Same village but different statue (viz. trailer)
    -New religion for sure they mentioned growt bonuses

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

FLC confirmed as Garamantians

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    FLC confirmed as Garamantians
    Source?
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

The new Twitch video

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    The new Twitch video
    God damn. That's disappointing.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by The Chocolate Jesus View Post
    God damn. That's disappointing.
    Yup...this could possibly give the Suebi a run for being the worst FLC idea ever. Their starting position is either 1) Attack the WRE or 2) Attack the ERE, as if either faction needed an additional enemy to fight.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

keona's Avatar Tiro

Does anyone know when we going to see some let's play's of Slavic Factions like we had with AOC?

Did Darren said anything about it (I remember reading something but cant seem to remember where)?
    Last edited by keona; February 17, 2016 at 02:07 PM.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

I'm glad there's a new DLC pack for the Slavic nations, but I did notice about the inaccuracies though.
    Last edited by Hetman Khmelnytsky; February 17, 2016 at 01:15 PM.

He played venedians for like 40 mins. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Yup...this could possibly give the Suebi a run for being the worst FLC idea ever. Their starting position is either 1) Attack the WRE or 2) Attack the ERE, as if either faction needed an additional enemy to fight.
    They actually had a fairly decent group of unique units beforehand, so not surprising. I like their Tuareg and Berber units, so I'm quite cool with this. They also have the Gaetuli and Mauri to their West, so not just the WRE. But this is unlikely to make AI WRE any better at putting up a fight, really hope they're packed some solid changes in the accompanying patch.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    They actually had a fairly decent group of unique units beforehand, so not surprising. I like their Tuareg and Berber units, so I'm quite cool with this.
    This is why they should have remained unplayable - they were already well developed in terms of units. This is going to be disastrous for gameplay because their starting position is tightly packed into the "bottom" of Africa, meaning that they're going to have a huge advantage against the CAi. We're going to end up seeing the Garamantians invade Italy again just like in Pre-EE Rome 2. Now, every time I start an ERE campaign, I'm going to have to take the time and effort to wipe out the Garamantians before they begin to pose too big of a problem for Egypt.

Also, what does this mean for Armenia? Are they going to remain a Sassanid clone forever while we have far less significant factions well developed and playable such as the Suebi, Geats, Garamantians, etc? What does that mean for Attila's future support?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    This is why they should have remained unplayable - they were already well developed in terms of units. This is going to be disastrous for gameplay because their starting position is tightly packed into the "bottom" of Africa, meaning that they're going to have a huge advantage against the CAi. We're going to end up seeing the Garamantians invade Italy again just like in Pre-EE Rome 2. Now, every time I start an ERE campaign, I'm going to have to take the time and effort to wipe out the Garamantians before they begin to pose too big of a problem for Egypt.

Also, what does this mean for Armenia? Are they going to remain a Sassanid clone forever while we have far less significant factions well developed and playable such as the Suebi, Geats, Garamantians, etc? What does that mean for Attila's future support?
    There's still a patch coming in with the DLC, so let's not jump to conclusions. CA has shown they're aware with the WRE's limitations since they gave them a pretty big buff last time (recruitment time and corruption limit). While the Garamantians look like a big potential threat for the WRE, I doubt they're just throwing them into the fire like this.

Slavs also look like people who could throw in new balance problems for the Romans, as I don't doubt they're getting scripts and missions to move into the Balkans, which is a new threat the ERE really didn't need. I'm optimistic CA has done some field work for map development over the game's timeline and that it is all going to be fine.

Admittedly, I'm hoping the patch makes it so that Roman-Barbarian diplomacy exists along with barbarian/roman successors actually fighting themselves to carve kingdoms (with the Viking forefathers going for the British Islands or the Baltic/Eastern Europe instead of Gaul and Hispania).
    Last edited by zsimmortal; February 17, 2016 at 01:49 PM.

keona's Avatar Tiro

In case you looking for twitch link, you can find it in next post by ​KLAssurbanipal.
    Last edited by keona; February 17, 2016 at 02:35 PM.

You edited post... but I answered below.

The 5th emblem:

keona's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    You edited post... but I answered below.

The 5th emblem:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thank you good sir

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    There's still a patch coming in with the DLC, so let's not jump to conclusions. CA has shown they're aware with the WRE's limitations since they gave them a pretty big buff last time (recruitment time and corruption limit). While the Garamantians look like a big potential threat for the WRE, I doubt they're just throwing them into the fire like this.

Slavs also look like people who could throw in new balance problems for the Romans, as I don't doubt they're getting scripts and missions to move into the Balkans, which is a new threat the ERE really didn't need. I'm optimistic CA has done some field work for map development over the game's timeline and that it is all going to be fine.

Admittedly, I'm hoping the patch makes it so that Roman-Barbarian diplomacy exists along with barbarian/roman successors actually fighting themselves to carve kingdoms (with the Viking forefathers going for the British Islands or the Baltic/Eastern Europe instead of Gaul and Hispania).

We can all dream can we ?

Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 17, 2016 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:40 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast