Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCP Imladris Submod

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default PCP Imladris Submod

This is a submod for PCP.

1) BAI has been overhauled
    2) CAI has been overhauled (as of 2020-07-07 it contains the new latest CAI)
    3) Imladris unit stats/upkeep/number reworked
    4) Imladris recruitment reworked, few features like Mithlond swordsmen being recruitable out of Mithlond
    5) Several new unit looks for each upgrade from smithing, special thanks to DaC and the EBII team members Sylon/Justme for bearing with me while I tweaked units from there
    6) Smithing building tree reworked for the elves
    7) Text based changes/renamed units to be more lore friendly, alongside a few small bug fixes for script events
    8) Start is slightly more difficult and troop distribution during the campaign is somewhat more difficult as well
    9) New unique portraits for Elohir and Elladan

Special thanks to alreadyded for creating a great mod and doing what nobody else ventured to do- create creatures in a mod.

Download link here

The new version should (but might not) work standalone. If there are problems then install the old version first and then the new version patch.

New version for latest PcP (as of 2020-07-07):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2-...ew?usp=sharing

old version which would need the new patch installed on top of it:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ...ew?usp=sharing

To install
    *Note you must have already installed PCP and you could (but don't have to) rename the folder from Third_Age to Third_Age_PCP. If unsure you did it correctly, check this image for further confirmation you have done it right.

1) Unzip the folder
    2) Enter the unzipped folder and find the "data" folder
    3) Copy data folder
    4) Paste data folder into your Third_Age folder
    5) Agree to overwrite
    Last edited by z3n; July 07, 2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: new installation instructions/images
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Civis

Default Re: PCP Imladris Submod

Thanks Nice to see sub-submods for PCP. Its by far my favorite overhaul for Third Age.

I'm installing this now. Is this mostly for the elven factions? Or did you change other stuff for the others as well?

Moderator Emeritus

Yes it is mainly focused on Imladris at the moment, none of the other Elven factions were affected too much other than the elven units they may be able to recruit from Imladris.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Downloading as we speak/write.

One question though.. When you say:

To install simply extract this into your mtw2/mods folder and agree to overwriting the files in your current Third_Age_PCP folder.
    Do I need to have my folder (where PCP latest version is already installed) named as Third_Age_PCP, or, Third_Age_3 ? Since extracting to M2TW/ mods folder will overwrite files in a folder named as "......" ( put the name of a folder here).

EDIT: Just downloaded it, and, to answer my own question, the folder where PCP is installed, needs to be named Third_Age_PCP in order to overwrite the files. Maybe you should point that out to the other people.

Now back to playing some PCP, and, my favourite faction..
    Last edited by ElvenKind; February 14, 2016 at 05:48 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Downloading as we speak/write.

One question though.. When you say:

Do I need to have my folder (where PCP latest version is already installed) named as Third_Age_PCP, or, Third_Age_3 ? Since extracting to M2TW/ mods folder will overwrite files in a folder named as "......" ( put the name of a folder here).

EDIT: Just downloaded it, and, to answer my own question, the folder where PCP is installed, needs to be named Third_Age_PCP in order to overwrite the files. Maybe you should point that out to the other people.

Now back to playing some PCP, and, my favourite faction..
    Good point, thanks and updated.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hey are you panning anything else for PCP? love this mod and your submod thanks.

Moderator Emeritus

Hello nice to hear that, yes, I may update the CAI and make the evil factions have more of a presence on the map.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I haven't tried the CAI and BAI yet but I just had a good gander at the code and they look awesome. I had a look at your EB II AI code as well, very impressive stuff.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

What is PCP? You should tell and link it in 1st post.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

There is hotlink in text on the first post, it isn't a very popular mod (which is good since I tend not to like popular things), it was made for me alone so it may not appeal to most people.

You should make a separate mod for your CAI and BAI. I am going to attempt to make a optional BAI script for G5 BAI, the realistic one with delayed orders, and hopefully yours if you don't mind me using it.

Moderator Emeritus

Yes I do not mind however I'll pass along a rewritten copy of the campaign script version which automatically activates in battle. You will have to place g5's script within mine and without the 'script' heading and 'end script' part, the reason for this is that only one battle script will execute at a time. All other outside scripts (i.e. campaign scripts) are considered superfluous by the scripting engine, according to a test I ran which showed any battle script within the campaign script would be overwritten by an advisor based battle script. This is unfortunate as I had hoped for a custom battle script but that isn't very important at the end of the day.

I can make a separate mod, I'll just have to adjust all the descr strats for all the major third age mods. I have updated the CAI recently to an extent so I will have to update this mod. I have been meaning to get back to playing it as PCP is rather enjoyable.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Edit; Nevermind, just remembered the export_advice file... I can figure it all out on my own now that the memories are coming back I didn't know I had. Much thanks for making this.

Edit2; Got it working and optional along with G5's in the campaigns. I just setup up all the monitors in G5's to only kick in when chosen, and yours is the export_advice that gets defaulted. Seems to be working great so far. The unit_set_experience is murder on my trace log in small battles, but so much xp for that one unit.

For reference this mod does not work with 9.5 version of PCP.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 19, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Hi, are the BAI and CAI implemented in version 9.5 of PcP?

Yes, they are optional.

Since this mod is only PCP9_4 compatible, can somebody tel me where i can find PCP 9_4 version? Oldest avaiable i found is 9_5

Quote Originally Posted by Afterman View Post
    Since this mod is only PCP9_4 compatible, can somebody tel me where i can find PCP 9_4 version? Oldest avaiable i found is 9_5
    Or maybe z3n did you create also a submod for next versions that somehow i was not able to find?

Moderator Emeritus

I think it is included with the latest PCP now, you could check first?
    The AI Workshop Creator

Moderator Emeritus

Firing up PcP tonight. I'll see if I can update this submod
    The AI Workshop Creator

Moderator Emeritus

Here's a patch but, fair warning, I have not actually tested the installation process for this as PcP now has a pretty lengthy installation:

Also contains the latest updated CAI.

It should work right out of the box by simply unzipping it and then copying the "data" folder and pasting it over your Third_Age "data" folder.

EG copy and paste the data folder into a similar location to this
    E:\Medieval 2 Total War Gold\mods\Third_Age_3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2-uZgV-T85_K9zSrHhDSC31R2RM9-rn/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by z3n; July 07, 2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: CAI comment
    The AI Workshop Creator

Hey z3n.

Is there any chance of you uploading the Launcher? Because the link in the PCP link you linked in the top of this post, dosent work. Neither does the 9.5 patch.
    I think its the only thing, that i need to play Imladris submod, but im not quite sure. To play Third age 3, was easy when i found the right path, but this seems to be impossible for me to find out. :/

Can you or anyone else help with this matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast