Thread: Creating a World - Fixing the 'Block Graphic' Bug

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Creating a World - Fixing the 'Block Graphic' Bug

A couple of times I have come across a member's post with this problem:

Spoiler for screenshot

To fix this problem a total of 6 files need to be unpacked from the default\main game:
    text\shared.txt.strings.bin
    text\strat.txt.strings.bin
    text\tooltips.txt.strings.bin
    ui\battle.sd
    ui\shared.sd
    ui\strategy.sd

While I have described in another tutorial how to unpack individual files this can prove to be a cumbersome affair for the casual user\player. To remedy this I have put the required files into a simple installer - just follow the instructions (usually a click through affair).

Link to the installer here at TWC.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 30, 2017 at 06:36 AM.

Default Re: Creating a World - Fixing the 'Block Graphic' Bug

Question: Is the information within those files exactly the same for each of the Kingdoms Mods (Americas, British Isles, etc.)?

I'm asking because I fixed the issue in the mod I'm preparing for the Grand Campaign; but, the standard unpacker, appears to have an issue with those files and the ones for the Americas are also unusable.

So, do I just use the good ones (that I transferred from the Bare Geomod), or should I delete the bad ones within each of the kingdoms mod directories and manually unpack each of them (again)?

Never mind (for now); as I simply deleted those files from the mod and it's working fine.

Turns out it's not "working fine"; as the faction symbols that appear at the top (as each AI player's turn progresses) are missing (except for the Aztecs, New Spain, and the Slaves).

So, I'm not sure if this is the same issue or a different issue; but I do know that using the above files from the main Data directories does not fix this problem.

Blog Entries

The files provided by the installer are the ones from the regular main game unpacking. They do not match with the files the kingdom campaigns are using.
    If you are using Bare Geomod as a base then you should not have this problem - in fact any mod that provides it's own set of files should not have this problem.

It looks like what I need are the three User Interface (UI) *.sd files; as apparently there's a problem with the one's that the unpacker presents. In this case, I'm deducing that it's the strategy.sd file that's the culprit; but, if it's bad, the odds are that they're all bad.

Now, the question is: where can I find good ones and (if possible) the HTML files that go with them?

For now, I just need the ones for the Americas campaign. Perhaps the other three txt.strings.bin (and associated text) files as well; but it's hard to say at this point.

Blog Entries

Have you tried placing the america's SD files into the m2tw\data\ui folder? The download applies the SD files from the default campaign, theoretically it should work for you if you do the same with the america's SD files.

For unpacking outside the game folder check here.

Blog Entries

Note: Bare Geomod contains the default SD (and their XML counterparts) files from the main game. As well as the required STRING.BIN files and their TXT counterpart.