Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Hi tomySVK,

thank you very much for your offer to help. I need some tests about the factions in the east. Seleucids, Atropatene, Armenia, Antigonos Monophthalmos and so on. Actually I test the Macs and then Ptolemaios.
    You are the only tester here at TWC. Thanks for it. Magnentius

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Hi,

here are some Pics of my current campaign with the Greek City States. At the beginning I lost some of cities of my widespread Empire. But in the middle, around Argos and the Isles of the Aegaen Sea, I hold the important regions. I started a war against my ally Antigonos Monophthalmos and conquered Athens. It will the capital of my new 'Sea Empire' within the Isles and some outposts at the Ionian coast.
    Till the year 295 BC I conquered Milet, Ephesos, Samos and Chalkis and rebuild an Empire like the Delian League in the Classical Era. In Italy I hold the major cities like Tarent and Kroton and conquered Heracleia and Rhegion. Sicily was lost on Agathokles of Syracuse.

My empire in 303 BC

and then in 295 BC

Battle of Naxos against a rhodian invasion

Best Regards, Magnentius

Hi all,

unfortunately I get no feedback here in this forum. It seems that the German language in the mod is a bigger problem than I thought. Hmmm, to gain more players maybe I should start a translation into english. A big challenge for me... but seemingly necessary.

Greets, Mag

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Keep up the great work Mag .....
    I agree with you , it definitely needs an English Version , "its a must have" in this day & age .
    @ TomySVK good on you for testing out & helping mag .
    cheers

Hi Daminios, thank you for your kind words. You're probably right with a translation.
    It seems to be a 'must have'. Okay I will see what I can do with this aspect in future.
    Have you tested the mod by the way?
    Greets, Mag

Hi, here is the next short overview about my current campaign with the Greek Cities. I hope you'll enjoy it:

The war for absolute power in the Aegean continues unabated. Antigonos Monophthalmos, meanwhile an old man with still unbroken energy, as it seems, declares war surprisingly.
    He wanted to gain back the control over the two important maritime cities of Ephesus and Miletus, the cornerstones of naval domination in eastern Aegean. From this he has been displaced since the great victories of Athens.

So he had an army marched against Timagoras in Ephesus, whom, with the elite units drawn from Athens, had set up a crushing defeat in a battle near Sardis. The remnants of this army fled to Sardis, in order to support Demetrios the Beautiful, a son of Demetrios Poliorketes, and half-brother of Antigonos Gonatas, in the defense of the advancing Greek troops.

The diplomatic situation and the sieges of Sardis and Hailcarnassus:

In the west, the mighty Greek city of Tarent, in the alliance with the kingdom of Agathokles of Syracuse, stands together in the defense against Carthage. It sends a fleet with the best units of Magna Graecia and let them land near Akragas. The former Greek city must be reconquered. Rhegion is returned to the Syracusans to strengthen their economic power.

The fleet and the army of Tarent:

Greets, Mag

Hi, here is the next short overview about my current campaign with the Greek Cities. I hope you'll enjoy it:

Antigonos Monophthalmos is dead! Long live his son Demetrios Poliorcetes! The succession in the realm of the Antigonids is proceeding smoothly and the new king immediately sets new levers to give the war in Asia Minor a positive turn. Thus comes the battle of Sardis, in which the governor of Lydia Nikanor of Selinus attacks the army of Timagoras of Argos, when it begins the siege of the city.
    Timagoras first retreats somewhat to avoid the garrison troops of the Demetrios (the Beautiful), but is still caught up and attacked by Nicanor's weaker army.

In the initial phase, the enemy's heavy cavalry attack the well-positioned Greeks and suffer high losses.

Also the attack of the mostly eastern infantry can easily be repulsed by the Phalanges of the Greeks.

The distance combatants, including a division of exquisite Cretan archery, do their utmost to teach the Antigonid army a delicate defeat. Timagoras is the victor of the day, but still sees a siege from the city, as this is now too much of a hurdle for his army, which is also attacked, by the remains of the failed army.

Greets, Mag

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I would like to help with this project, are yous till working on it?

Hi Razor.God,

as I wrote you yesterday at 'Slack', there is no further progress at the moment. Too much 'trouble' in RL. But thanks for your offer to help me. Greets to Belgium, Mag

Hey guys,

it seems that the German language in this mod is a big challenge for many players. Only 30 downloads and no beta testers here speak a clear language. It needs a translation... :/
    Maybe someone can help me. Maybe some German-speaking players here who are more familiar with English than me and would like to help me.
    Greets, Magnentius

Great job my friend! I start download if links work. Thanks Magnentius

Hey Darhan, thank you for the kind words. And thanks for the download, too. Did the download and the installation well? I hope...
    Have you already played a few campaigns? Which one and how did you manage it? Is the german language a big problem for you or can you handle it?
    Questions about questions ... I know
    Greets, Mag

Edit: Hello Darhan, I misunderstood the sentence with the 'if'... now a new link is available and works fine. Please give some feedback so that I can improve it in the future. Thanks and greets, Mag
    Last edited by Magnentius; February 08, 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Here is a new downloadlink for 'The Year of the Kings': http://www.mediafire.com/file/9hkqwv...OTK-Beta+2.zip

It works fine and I hope some new players will test the mod.

Many thanks to modder bhl_20 from the RTR project for the hint with the broken download link

Hi,

today, there is a small overview of my current campaign with the Illyrians. I played on h/h. First the starting position of the Illyrians. A small empire on the Adriatic coast with a base in Italy. This is not historical, but brings more variety to the peninsula. In the beginning, the rebel army near Shkodra must be destroyed, which is not so easy as it seems because it has some good experienced units.

Another battle near Ariminum leads to the conquest of the city. The enemy army is initially decimated by the archers and then destroyed by the Illyrian phalanx.

Aquileia is conquered in the north and an alliance is concluded with the Celts. Likewise with Rome and the Greeks in the south of Italy. Unfortunately, a lot of units have to be dissolved because the new cities do not bring in enough money. But then the financial situation relaxes quite quickly and Illyria can continue to expand.

Have fun reading and maybe try it yourself. Greets, Mag
    And sorry for my bad english...

Hi. Magnentius, unfortunately your link does not work in our country. please upload to this link https://disk.yandex.kz/?ncrnd=7664 or other.
    I would like to play in this mod.
    P.S. for true lovers of RTW German is not a problem
    if you wish you can present your mod on this site imtw.ru there are many fans of the game RTW

Hey Darhan,

I will see what I can do for you. But my russian is even worse than my english... So how we can solve the problem with a suitable download host?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I get a Permission Denied when trying to access that Mediafire link. You might consider Mega instead? https://mega.nz/

Depending on the file size (I have no idea what the limit is), the perfect solution would be to upload to TWC. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...p?do=cat&id=10

Hi Frunk,

thank you for your solution proposals. I will try to upload on TWC first and if the file size is too big at Mega.
    Greets, Mag

Hey,

I have some trouble with the link of Mega. I will try it tomorrow. Sorry...

Last edited by Magnentius; February 16, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

Hey, I have uploaded my mod on Mega.nz and I hope that it works for you now.

Greets, Mag

Edit: No, it works not..

Edit 2: Now it works. Look at next page...

Last edited by Magnentius; February 18, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast