Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Default The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Hey,
    today I created the first post of this forum new and this is the result:

305 - Das Jahr der Könige, eine deutsche Modifikation für RTW 1.5

305 BC - Year of the Kings, a german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Name of the mod: 305 - Das Jahr der Könige / 305 BC - Year of the Kings
    Language: German
    Platform: based on RomeTW 1.5
    Timeframe/Era: Winter 306 B.C. - 30 B.C., after the selfdeclaring to king of Antigonos Monophthalmos
    Modfoldered: yes, completely modfoldered

Modder: Magnentius
    Story: The great king Alexander is dead and after 15 years of war some of his generals and satraps are dead too but the others are still fighting for their place in the empire. Strong greek-styled armies, powerful fleets and battle-hardened commanders... the world prepares for war. Choose a side and fight for your own empire.
    Some new content of the mod:

• parts of the WarMapIII (redesigned) with more than 140 Provinces, more or less historical
    • only one roman faction, the others are greek factions now
    • more or less historical persons like the Successors and Satraps, Generals and so on
    • AOR-System, which not allows to recruit every unit in all cities. In most regions you can only recruit infantry and artillery (archers, slingers and so on), others you can recruit more cavalry units. In capitals you can recruit all three types of units.
    • new banners and texts for the most factions (texts are in german!)
    • new special buildings
    • new factionstyled units, diplomats, ships...
    • new soundtrack (pieces of the Unreleased Soundtrack from the movie 'Alexander', only the barbarians have no sound till today)
    • new ancillaries
    • new banners
    • new units for each faction
    • new mercenaries
    • and much more...

Here are screens of the current map and some of the new units:

Hellas:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

Egypt:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thracia:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Faction list:

Antigonus Monophthalmos - King of Asia
    Cassandros - Kingdom of Macedonia
    Lysimachus – Kingdom of Thrace
    Seleucus - King of the East
    Ptolemy - Kingdom of Egypt
    Pyrrhos - Kingdom of Epiros
    Agathocle - Kingdom of Syracuse
    Kingdom of Sparta
    Republic of Rhodes
    SPQR
    Carthage
    Gauls
    Dacia
    Greek Cities
    Kingdom of Bithynia
    Illyrian Tribes
    Scythian Tribes
    Kingdom of Media Atropatene
    Kingdom of Pontus
    Kingdom of Armenia

Credits (Thank you guys for your great work.):

- Units from "Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release" of Modder Hannibal Smith.
    - Units from KLAs Unit Pack) of Modder King Louise Assurbanipal.
    - Units from Shadows of War of Modder Milner and the HAP team (Algaman, Kylan271, Leoni, Milner, Visarion)...models, skins, cards, art concept and variation on models
    - Units from Christmas Pack of Modder Algaman
    - Units from "MODDING LEGIONS (C) FULL PACK v1.5" of Modders ferres, Pinarius, GODzilla
    - middle and eastern part of WarMap III from Modder Icetorque
    - ship models from "Riczu74_CB_strategic_map_units/ships" of Modder Riczu74
    - soundtrack from Vangelis
    - historical maps from Ian Mladjov
    - new created units from Gaivs Sejanvs, the creator of the RTW-Mod 'Antiqua Europa'.

Future plans:

• more historical events
    • improved turn-based roman offices
    • and some more

18.10.2020: Working Downloadlink: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9hkqwv...OTK-Beta+2.zip

Installation:

• Rome I, patched to 1.5
    • Downlaod the content of the zip.file from MediaFire or Mega
    • Unpack the archive directly to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
    • Then delete the events.dat in the folder “sounds” to hear the new soundtrack
    • Go to the RTW-Shortcut and write in target: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:305-YOTK
    • Then start the game and hopefully enjoy!

Till today everyone have the chance to test the actual betaversion and maybe give some feedback.

Greetings, Magnentius
    Last edited by Magnentius; October 18, 2020 at 05:06 AM. Reason: New downloadlink available

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Great work, thanks for posting it. Good luck with it!

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Thanks Blastoise, at the moment theres no further progress. But a principal point for future work is to make the mod modfoldered.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

i like what i see so far here, so for now it is in german....richtig....do you plan to make it in english with further progress and to gain more players?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Very interesting! Great work

EDIT: It will be great if you look at these excellent unit packs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-models/page43
    Last edited by tomySVK; February 16, 2016 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    i like what i see so far here, so for now it is in german....richtig....do you plan to make it in english with further progress and to gain more players?
    Hi leoni,

thank you for your nice comment. My english isn't very well so at the moment i don't know if i am doing a translation later. That could be an insurmountable task for me as the siege of rhodes for Demetrius Poliorcetes.
    Greetings from Unterfranken, Magnentius

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Very interesting! Great work

EDIT: It will be great if you look at these excellent unit packs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-models/page43
    Hi tomySVK,

thank you for your nice comment and thanks for the note on the unit pack. Maybe in future ill use some of the fantastic units from it but for the moment rests the work.

Greetings, Magnentius

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Hello,
    great work, greetings from Hess!
    Last edited by Flinn; May 31, 2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: only post in english please

Good mornimg GaivsSejanvs,

thanks for your nice comment. Do you still play the mod? I would pleased to hear maybe a little criticism about the content of the Mod, so that i can improve some things in future. Greetings, Magnentius

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for your answer It´s only a small suggestion.

I finally found a time to download the mod, modfoldered version will be very welcome update

Hi tomySVK,
    when I will have again a little more freetime, I will think about a modfoldered version. But later it gets more difficult than if I do it right from the start...
    when I again have a little more free time , I will think about a modfoldered version .

Hi tomySVK,
    when I will have again a little more freetime, I will think about a modfoldered version. But later it gets more difficult than if I do it right from the start...

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Hello ... How much different is this from Diadochi mod already done ?
    Last edited by Flinn; May 31, 2016 at 04:40 AM. Reason: do not use bold if not strictly necessary and do not use it for the whole text in any case

Hi Daminios, thank yoou for your comment, my mod is very different from the original Diadochi one.

First it has a different start date, 321 B.C. witch includes that more successors at the beginning are still alive. Only Perdikkas and Krateros are dead. The other more ore less important successors have their own satrapies and the most of them are playable. Especially the big ones like Ptolemaios, Seleucus, Antigonos, Cassandros, Lysimachos and so on.

Secondly it has another campaign map. It covers the western part of alexanders empire and parts of North Africa and Italy till the Alps. It is more detailed and so there are more cities to conquer in Greece, Asia Minor and so on.

Thirdly i use many units from different sources and create some new ancillaries.

Fourthly it is in german language and not modfoldered. This seems to be a problem for most users here and i know that an english and modfoldered version would be better. But i haven't enough time to switch it and additionally my english is very lousy.

Maybe you will give it a try and give some feedback. Greets, Magnentius

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Hello Magnentius
    I will do so soon
    cheers
    Last edited by Flinn; May 31, 2016 at 04:41 AM. Reason: do not use bold if not strictly necessary and do not use it for the whole text in any case

@Magnentius:
    Gerne - Yes I play your mod, but unregularly. The mod is fun to play, but my personally wish for that mod is only that you make it modfoldered an put more units in! There are few unit/skinpacks of great modders like Ferres, Algaman and Milner's Shadows of war...etc. You still use some of their skins and models, I seen it.

Greetings, Gaivs

Hi Gaivs,

thanks for your nice comment. To make the mod modfoldered is very difficult because of the advanced progress of the mod. But in future it will be one of the most important aims. And to add more new units to increase the variety of recruiting.
    Greets, Mag

Hi friends of the Diadochi-Mod,

unfortunately i have to say that there is no way for me to modfolder this version of the mod. Several tries failed and so i leave it as it was. Sorry but it wastes too much of time and in every case there was no error message. Only a CTD in every try which is very frustrating.

In future i plan a new mod about the Diadochi with 311 or 306 B.C. as start date. I am going to use much content from the former mod and i hope it will be easier to reach a final version. And in this case it will be modfoldered from the first beginning... and maybe a later version will be in english too.

Greetings, Magnentius
    (And sorry for my lousy english)

Hey Magnentius,
    yeah, transfer a modded original folder in to a modfolder is not that easy.
    If You like we can Start from scratch together and make your mod modfoldered. So if You like I can help You Out.

Edit: Also I can help You with 2D Graphics and some coding stuff (EDB, EDU etc.)

Greetings
    Last edited by GaivsSejanvs; May 30, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Hi GaivsSejanvs,

thanks for your offered help. In this case I created a modfolder from the first beginning and it works. Now its time to built the map again and I hope I can use the old one from the former mod. If this will work, more details of the mod will be released here.

Greets, Magnentius

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast