Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

You may have posted an incorrect link. It should be something like this:

https://mega.nz/#!ZYBGULCQ!wCsb1059X...72fUczufXP5z1Y

If you uploaded your file to Mega, you should see it and three dots ("..."). Click the dots and then click Get link.

Hope that helps!

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Hi Frunk,

thank you for your help. Here is the new link: https://mega.nz/#!bAIEULzA!2iYbzBKwc...4okamAYun5KzuU

Now the mod can be extensively tested. I would be very happy about a few campaign reports.
    Have fun with it. Greets, Magnentius

Hi,

the campaign continues and the Illyrians are in some conflicts with their neighbors.

The Greeks of Epidamnos and the Epirotes under Pyrrhos join forces and besiege Skodra. The Illyrians then land with their fleet an army on Kerkyra and conquer the island. The troops from Epidamnos are also repulsed. Ultimately, Epidamnos is conquered as well as Apollonia, the northernmost settlement of the Epirotes.

In Italy, the Romans attack surprisingly and conquer Asculum, later Cannae. Italy is lost...

The Illyrians can now invade Hellas and enter the legacy of the Hellenistic states of Macedonia and Epirus...

By the way, Macedonia is already extinguished, which does not happen for the first time. Apparently the Epirotes and Greeks are initially too strong. This brings me to the idea of ​​starting a campaign with the Macedonians under their king, Kassander, and testing whether it is really that difficult to survive with.

Sorry for my lousy english. Greets, Mag

Hey,

today I started a campaign with the Macedonians. The start is really difficult, because there are not so many possibilities for expansion. At least no easy targets, as most cities have strong garrisons. But it soon became clear that the conquest of Athens is the key to success. But more about that then the coming days. Reports and pictures included...

Greets, Mag

Tiro

Really happy to see a diadochi mod, this era needs more attention. Gonna try it out!

Hi,

here is the report about my current campaign with Macedonia.

The starting position of Macedonia is not bad. With Corinth in Achaea and Larissa in Thessaly Kassander has important bases in the struggle for power in Greece. He is however surrounded by enemies. The Epirotes under Pyrrhus in the west, the Spartans in the south, and the important stronghold of Athens of Antigonus Monopthalmos, all threaten the lands of his kingdom.

First, he must keep the Epirote in the West in check, as he looks eagerly at the power in the heartland of the Alexander Empire. After this has plunged into a war against the Aitoler, the way for Kassander is free to the south. Athens is held by Polemaios, a nephew of Antigonus, and has the best war port in the Aegean. The bulk of trade is also on the Piraeus...

In 305 BC, Cassander stands in front of Athens with the best troops in Macedonia and the Indian elephants of Alexander.

The storm over the fortress walls succeeds with the royal peltasts and leads to fierce fighting with the defenders of the city.

In the streets the fight continues. The elephants and the phalanx smash the phalanges of the Polemaios.

One last attack of Polemaios cavalry is repulsed by the royal phalanges and the city is conquered. Polemaios falls in close combat against the Thessalian cavalrymen of Cassander. The conquest of the rich city immediately improves the financial situation of Cassander. The harbor generates more than 6000 denarii due to heavy traffic.

Another quick overview of the current campaign with the Macedonians:

After the conquest of Athens, the Macedonian ruler consolidates his empire by continuing to expand the economy, restructure the army and build a powerful Trireme fleet. The expansion of the road network and the development of new mines near Athens and the expansion of agriculture continue to increase wealth. However, the deployment of a second army and the fleet does not let this wealth degenerate too much.

At 300 BC the peace comes with Demetrios Poliorketes, the son and successor of Antigonus Monophthalmos. Alliances with Rhodes, Sparta, and Illyria reaffirm Cassander's determination to counter effective coalition efforts with his enemies in West and East. In the East, war broke out between Demetrios and Seleucus in 289, followed by the eastern petty states of Atropatene, Armenia and Pontus.

In 286 Melos was overthrown, during which the Greek garrison withdrew. Kassander captivates the landed Rhodian troops and lets Melos attack them. The island comes in Macedonian possession.

Soon it will become clear where the new king of Macedonia, Alexandros V. will lead the empire...

And sorry for my lousy english. Greets, Mag

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

REP+ Also, I think we could collaborate with our mods They're quite similar in theme.

Hi NBP,

Thanks a lot for the rep. You're right, our mods really overlap in many topics.
    But since I already have a lot of trouble to finish just a few translations for the RTR-Mod on time, I do not know if I'll be a great help to finish your mod.

However, if you need something from my work, I give you permission here to use it and to change it.
    Maybe I can join your team later and give some help.

In any case, I keep watching your fantastic work, as it was indeed not a good Alexander from CA. Good luck.
    Greets, Mag

Thanks for update ))

Hi tuanxuxu, I hope you like it and you have no major problems with the language and the mod itself, too.
    Good luck in the struggle for power in the empire of Alexander the Great... Greets, Mag

Hi,

here is another brief overview of my current campaign with the Macedonians. Cassandros dies in 283 BC and leaves behind a strong empire. His eldest son Philipos IV. follows him to the throne. Sparta, however, considers the moment favorable and breaks the alliance with Macedonia and joins the Greeks in the fight against the new ruler. Rhodes joins this alliance for a short time and lands a small army on Melos. However, this is small force is quickly expelled and it comes to peace with the Maritime Republic.

In 280 BC, Pyrrhus of Epirus in the north of the Peloponnese intervenes in favor of the Greeks and has Sikyon besieged. Philipos has the ports of Argos, Sparta and Messene blocked by strong naval divisions to keep their trade to a minimum.
    Kleitarxos, the young son of the king, leads an army before Messene and forces the battle against the Spartans. It ends after a brief crisis on the left wing, as enemy riders almost broke into the phalanx, with a big Macedonian victory.

Afterwards he moves against Megalopolis and conquers the city after a short siege. In the north, the Macedonian king wins a lossy victory over Eumenes of Ambarkia. The Epirotic general falls in a rather chaotic battle in attacking the companions of the king. The phalanx of the Macedonians then can beat back the Epirotes.

In 278 BC, despite defeats on all fronts, the enemies are ready to challenge the Macedonians for the recent conquests. To the south the Spartans and Argives, to the west the Epirotes and to the north Agathocles, the son of the great Lysimakhos, lurking for his chance to invade into rich Macedonia and to assert his father's claim to the throne of Alexander the Great.

Have fun while reading. Greets, Magnentius

Hey mates,

unfortunately, no further development of the mod is currently possible because real life leaves no room for it. I hope to be able to do at least a few smaller things in the future. Something like to change the starting positions and starting conditions for the weaker factions.

Greets, Mag

Shame. i really hope to see you return to this someday, and release a playable version.

Hey HolyBob,

I think it's no shame to prefer real life to a modding project. It was fun to do that, but now there are more important things to do, which take a lot of time. And at least I announce that and do not just disappear from the forum like some other modders did.
    And the current version is playable. Unfortunately only in German...

Greets, Mag

Hey friends of the Diadochi,
    I am working on the mod again and I'm currently working on a script for the 4Tpy. So far it has worked perfectly...

Greets Mag

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Great News Magnentius

Thank you Daminios, I'm glad that someone else is interested in the mod. I am currently looking for visual improvements and continue to work on the script. I'm looking for new models for the settlements, the vegetation and other things on the map. Let's see what I find here or elsewhere. If someone knows a good source for this, please report here. Thanks, Mag

Hello,
    the work on the current mod (The Year of Kings) will not be continued at the moment. A new mod of the Diadochi has already started since a few weeks and first content and pictures will follow soon. It will begin shortly after the division of Triparadeisos in summer 319 BC. Immediately after the death of Antipater, the mod begins and is supposed to depict the endless wars between Successors for ultimate power in Alexanders empire. Stay tuned...

Greets Mag (and please excuse my bad english)

Hi,

to give you a small overview of the development status of the mod, here is a picture of the distribution of the provinces at the start. Its not the final version but it gives you a good overview about the Diadochi in game and their Provinces at the beginning of the campaign:

Overview

Factions are:

• Polyperchon (Macedonia, Thessalia and some greek lands)
    • Kassandros (Port of Piraeus (I know, this is at 319 BC not historical -> 317 he conquered it), Argolis and some greeks islands)
    • Lysimachos (Thracia)
    • Arrhidiaos (Hellespont)
    • Kleitos the White (Ionia)
    • Asandros (Caria)
    • Antigonos Monophthalmos (Phrygia, Lycia, Pamphylia and (not historical) Galatia)
    • Eumenes (Cappadocia and North-Cilicia)
    • Philoxenos (Cilicia and a (not historical) foothold at Cyprus)
    • Ptolemaios (Egypt and some more lands around)
    • Amphimachos (Mesopotamia)
    • Seleucus (Babylonia)
    • Peukestas (Persis)
    • Peithon (Media)
    • Kingdom of Epiros (Epiros)
    • Free Greek Citiy States (the orange provinces on the map (I know, Tyros was not a greek city at this time, but it is said to be an opponent to Ptolemaios)
    • Kingdom of Pontos (Pontus and a foothold on the Chersones)
    • Kingdom of Armenia (Armenia)
    • Kingdom of Atropatene (Atropatene)
    • Kingdom of Getai (Dacian lands)
    • Slaves (all other lands)

I hope you enjoyed this little preview. More content will follow...
    Mag

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast