Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Good Morning,

there is still time to show a little preview before work. I've created my own banners for the factions. I selected different models of helmets for the greek factions and archers for the eastern factions. That's something different and I've never seen it like that before.

New faction symbols

From left to right these are:

Epiros - Eumenes - Kassandros - Antigonos Monopthalmos
    Polyperchon - Ptolemy - Seleucus - Amphimachos
    Atropatene - Pontus - Peukestas - Arrhidaios
    Cleitos - Armenia - Getai - Free Greek Cities
    Asandros - Peithon - Philoxenos - Lysimachos

I hope you will like them... Greets Mag

Default Re: The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of Rome Total War v1.5

Today I will show you a pic from the new banners on campaign map. This one is a short overview about the banners of the "three smaller Diadochoi" on the Ionian Coast (Arrhidaios, Cleitos and Asandros).

New banners

I hope you'll like it... and I hope too, someone will leave a comment. That's would be nice, no matter if it's positive or negative.
    Thanks, Mag

Centenarius

Nice, i like them Will you remake the Rebel banners as well?
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Hi Warcafthero,
    thanks for your comment and rep.

I think I won't change the rebel banners because their design doesn't really bother me. It would take precious time, which is already very scarce for me anyway.
    Next I will redesign the banners for the battles. And that will cost me a lot of time because I can only work on it by the hour... :/
    Last edited by Magnentius; October 18, 2020 at 05:08 AM.

Currently I am dealing with the banners in battle. Unfortunately, I have some problems to create them with GIMP, so this is taking a lot longer than I expected.I am missing the subtleties in processing the banners. Describing the real problem in English is difficult, but I'm sticking with it and hope to see further progress soon.
    Last edited by Magnentius; September 23, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

Hi, today I finally found the solution and was able to develop the first standards.
    Here you can see the battle standard from the Kingdom of Epirus:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In the coming days I will add the other standards to the mod.
    And I'm waiting for the latest version of the Veggiemod, which I would also like to install. Their developer, Robbe, wrote to me today that he is developing it further. Greets Mag

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

just came across this mod - looks very well done!
    subscribed + downloaded

btw it seems that the mega.nz link is broken

@Tartaros:
    Thanks for downloading and rep. I'll check the downloadlinks. Mediafire works, Mega.Nz ist broken indeed.
    So you get along with the language in the mod? It's in german because my english isn't very well.

@all: Today I successfully finished the work on the battle standards. Next on the agenda are the Captain Banners...

sure - i´m german

That's great, I send greetings to Saxony-Anhalt ... if I interpret the cryptic in your location correctly. You seem to be involved in modding projects, maybe we can discuss about ideas, modding problems and other things about modding Rome and Medieval II.

thanks and sure. your correct about the cryptic location.
    i´m more about modding me2tw, but rtw is kind of similar.

Hi, after a long absence, I'm back to my modification and am currently working on the sprites of the military units. This is tedious work, but well worth it. In the battles, the units now look much better from a distance view. I plan to work on all units in the next few weeks. I will keeo you up to date...
    Greets Mag

Hi,
    I thought for a long time whether it still makes sense to continue working on the mod. After the long time of the release and the new remastered version, the interest in old RTW mods may have fallen a lot more than a year ago. Some players can no longer successfully install the old version on their computers.
    But since I've already invested so much time, I've decided to bring out a playable version by the end of the year.
    At the moment I am re-coloring the diplomats, spies and assasins. At the same time, I type a 4tpy script in my spare time. Then I would like to do a few smaller things in terms of optics and of course test and improve the balance in the game. That will probably be all I can do with my limited free time by the end of the year.

It should at least be a good conclusion and not just end in the middle, like so many other mods before mine.
    I will always provide you with news about the development status.

Greets Mag

Hi,

the work is progressing slowly but steadily. The diplomats are ready, the spies and assassins are still missing. The round script ends after 160 rounds in the year 280 BC. I think 160 rounds are enough for most players to conquer the whole empire of Alexander the Great...

Hi friends of the Diadochi,

Unfortunately, there is very little news to report at the moment. Work on the mod has been on hold for months. The assassins are still missing, the ships and I still have to work on the small faction icons at the pre-battle-screen. Do you understand what I mean?

you should upload your mod to moddb,it is more reliable than twc

Quote Originally Posted by BLS total war View Post
    you should upload your mod to moddb,it is more reliable than twc
    Whether this mod will ever be finished, I can't say. The interest is there, but the time is lacking. Maybe I should upload the current version to another platform to generate more general interest.
    Last edited by Magnentius; March 08, 2023 at 02:42 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567