View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No longer announce yourself here! (the mod is dead)

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: Announce yourself here!

No, I don't think we have a specified set for the welsh rebels. The rebels are all the same faction, I think, and making them all speak different languages would be a tremendous lot of work (not just regarding sounds, but a recoding of the factions as well). I like the sound of your translations though.

I meant the French samples that come with Xenophonia, btw. They should be written down before they are translated, to make translation easier and more easily reviewed. This is what we've done with all the other languages, too. Look:

http://home.student.uu.se/dahe9761/xenophonia/msd
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

The ones that come with the game you mean?

If you have the French version, yes.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Nope, got the English one. But I could translate English-Old French if really necessary. I'd have to do it in stages though.

English->French->Old French.

So it'd be easier to write down the French first and then go from there to Old French. I would think. Depends on your proficiency though.

Meh, frankly both would go just as well. Unfortunatly, listening to every possible order and writing them down would be a **** to do! Yuck. Couldn't I just take what the scots say (for example) and just translate all that? To be honest they all ressemble eachother pretty much, exept for the accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Weasel View Post
    frankly
    Nice pun!

It's not that much work. One guy made like 10 of those in 2 weeks. But if you think you can handle it without, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Weasel View Post
    Meh, frankly both would go just as well. Unfortunatly, listening to every possible order and writing them down would be a **** to do! Yuck. Couldn't I just take what the scots say (for example) and just translate all that? To be honest they all ressemble eachother pretty much, exept for the accent.
    on the whole it isn't so bad. the battle ones are much more enjoyable than the campaign ones, honestly. yes, to a large extent there are huge similarities between the different factions. but there are some lines that are unique to each faction as well, and it would be better to keep/make up those (e.g. "for st andrew!" for the scots). like beiss says, if you can be more imaginative than CA then go for it. ultimately, it's beiss' call. need me to do it? (can't do the french version, though)

hi friends!
    i have the german version

Someone is already doing the German version, but I don't know how far he's come.

Ed
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; December 10, 2017 at 05:39 AM.

The russian sounds can be downloaded separately at the same place as the rest of the game's files. All you need is the file named xenophonia1russianNEW.exe. Once downloaded, run it, and it will unzip all the Russian sounds in wav/mp3's. Just listening to them won't help us much though, you need to scribble down what's being said in them into a document and then send the document to us. Like this:
    http://home.student.uu.se/d/dahe9761...p_Scottish.txt

edit
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; December 10, 2017 at 05:39 AM.

I don't understand how you could possibly miss it, but here it is.

http://files.filefront.com/Russian+S.../fileinfo.html

Mighty's Avatar Miles

I'll help. I sent you a private message

Hi everybody.

My name is Francesco, I live in Rome, Italy.

I like this project and would like to help. I'm familiar with medieval Italian.

If you think you can use my help, contact me.

I'd be able to help out with English/German (both native tounges for me). Though I never seriously tried to speak medieval English or German, I am able to understand and thus use it.

French and Portugese only with an accent.

Edit: Actually an accent wouldn't be too bad if you bribed or married a foreigner into your family who now has to speak your language...
    Last edited by Ion_StormH; July 24, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

Unfortunately, when someone is bribed into another faction they start speaking the other faction's language and there's nothing you can do about it. I remember when one of my venetian generals was bribed by the Russians and then started speaking Russian on the campaign map. Lol.

Anyway, we already have people doing English and German, though I don't know how long they will take to finish what they're doing, but we will need voice actors eventually. Think you could help there, perhaps?

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

i hope you like it - if you want a change (Size,Font,Filter etc.) PM me.

Greetings from Berlin/Germany

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

LOL!!! It took me like 10 seconds to realize what the hell I was looking at. Incredibly nice work. Now, what should I do with it? It could go on the website, I guess... or in the readme.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast