View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No longer announce yourself here! (the mod is dead)

Felix's Avatar Mameluk

Default Re: Announce yourself here!

I know That's what I meant for

I'm french, i really want to try some voice. But you still could use the original RTW french voices, the roman voices particulary, like the general and also maybe archers, they are good. Other voices contain name of unit, so it wont do the job.

One probleme: I got a cheap mic.
    Last edited by Yosemite; January 05, 2007 at 09:17 PM.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

We want to do old French, not modern French, so I think the samples from RTW won't be of much help. We already have the samples from the french version of M2TW, so... eheh.

Until you get a better mic, maybe you'd be interested in finding out more info about the language spoken by the French in around 1200 AD?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Unfortunatly i won't get a good mic soon, because i never had to use one.

Infact it is the little micro that is with the ibook. :tooth:

Erathial's Avatar Civis

Well since i am swedish, with a fair bit of german knowledge and a rowdy voice, Count me in if u ever need me mate =)

Will do.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Hi, I'm Scottish, not sure if I'll be able to help a great deal, but I've posted in the Scottish thread, so let's see if I can be useful.

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

I'm brazilian, but I can easily add an "Olde Worlde" vibe to my lines. It would be nice to help you on this project, if you ever need a portuguese voice.

I'll send you a sample by PM.

Best regards.
    Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

I'll let a Portuguese person decide if your accent is Portuguese enough - I couldn't tell . I'll listen to the sample you sent me later today, the soundcards on the university's computers are pretty bad.

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

OK. Although, as an advice, I must stress that Modern Portuguese -spoken today in Portugal - is very, very different from the portuguese spoken at the time M2TW takes place. Think about the grammatical differences between Middle English and Modern English and you'll know what I mean.
    Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

I see. Then what about modern, Brazilian Portuguese? Is that closer to medieval Portuguese, or even more different?

Hello, I'm Polish, I'd like to help with this mod.
    I can do polish but thats pretty obvious. I can do russian too.
    If you are intrested in my help, just let me know where and how to start with the project.
    Last edited by Ronek; February 09, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

Great. Maybe you could help with translating the Russian (other other) speech into Polish? I don't know what's going on with Polish right now...

Need help with turkish?

Yep. I'll send you and everyone else who popped in here wanting to help with Turkish a PM with a link to a text file that you could start translating.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Yep. I'll send you and everyone else who popped in here wanting to help with Turkish a PM with a link to a text file that you could start translating.
    OK. Waiting for pm.

Actually, it seems one of our members have already done some work translating into medieval Turkish. I will need to find out exactly what he has translated so far before I can tell you what needs to be done. Thanks for offering your help though.

umm hi!

i'd like to help you a little with the hungarian language, if somebody doesn't already. i can translate the stuff if you have it written down in english (sry but havent got mtw2 currently :/) i can, if you'd like make a research into medieval hungarian language; and write the things so, but can't promise even hungarians would understand that my adress-ring@c2.hu-

It is not necessary that Hungarians understand the language spoken by the Hungarians in the game - what's important is that it's as historically correct as possible. I will post new MSD's on the website shortly.

I might be able to help. I'm norwegiean, but I'm only 14, so any sounds might be too light.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast