Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzu90 View Post
    Hi there,mr_nygren you still working on this, or have you been working on some other project?
    Hello Juzy90, don't worry- the mod ain't dead -but i am just wondering what i should do about the music. Other mods are using copyrighted music, but of course i don't want to be sued. Maybe i will remove the music and release a better version without the music, or i may actually use parts of the music- but i don't know if half the tracks are ok to use or not.

If anyone wants the files- just PM me. Then anyone else can upload the game with the music if they want to.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 15, 2016 at 02:12 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hi there,i believe i am now finished with agent ancillaries for now also couple new ones for generals.I made everything i had ideas for.You can take them from my dropbox new tga files also.export_ancillaries.text and export_descr_ancillaries.text.There are mainly only one common ancillary for some agents and 2-4 per every agent, there are no ctd:s what i tested.I did like before i did them on 1.5 wotn files.If you copy them from file, copy everything since there is new stuff between the older ones.It is easier for me to keep track of everything when they have exact order.If there are bugs now or you wish to have something changed,let me know i will fix them.
    I think you can actually release your own version of WotN with your changes- as you did mod the 1.5 WotN without my added music-files.

I may then add my changes when they are done. Changes like new units, hotseat-feature and new agents. The music is what bothers me- as i do want it because it greatly enhances the game, but i don't want to risk the fury of some company.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hi there,i believe i am now finished with agent ancillaries for now also couple new ones for generals.I made everything i had ideas for.You can take them from my dropbox new tga files also.export_ancillaries.text and export_descr_ancillaries.text.There are mainly only one common ancillary for some agents and 2-4 per every agent, there are no ctd:s what i tested.I did like before i did them on 1.5 wotn files.If you copy them from file, copy everything since there is new stuff between the older ones.It is easier for me to keep track of everything when they have exact order.If there are bugs now or you wish to have something changed,let me know i will fix them.
    Your updates are successfully added to the new version- i have already removed half the length of the scores, but before an eventual new release i will need to shorten the music down even more. I am aiming for like 40 sec at the most for the music in the game, to be on the safe side.

- The Havamal

Preview video of the most recently released version added to the first post.

- The Havamal

Libertus

I think you did the right call shortening down the music length.Getting sued over copyright issues is not cool.I did made changes during this week but not in couple days.Hope you noticed them too in my dropbox due to dates in the files.Looking forward when you can release the latest version for public.

I think you did the right call shortening down the music length.Getting sued over copyright issues is not cool.I did made changes during this week but not in couple days.Hope you noticed them too in my dropbox due to dates in the files.Looking forward when you can release the latest version for public.
    Yes, i agree regarding the music- in the end it's not worth the risk. If people want the full scores they can learn to mod them in themselves. Yes, i actually downloaded your entire folder and added all the changes made since last time in april. I didn't add the old files because i've already added them.

It seem to work just fine- but the release will wait until the end of the summer because i am busy with a submod for Warhammer BotET and a submod for another mod- not counting a music mod for Divide and Conquer (Third Age) also.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Yes, i agree regarding the music- in the end it's not worth the risk. If people want the full scores they can learn to mod them in themselves. Yes, i actually downloaded your entire folder and added all the changes made since last time in april. I didn't add the old files because i've already added them.

It seem to work just fine- but the release will wait until the end of the summer because i am busy with a submod for Warhammer BotET and a submod for another mod- not counting a music mod for Divide and Conquer (Third Age) also.
    There were also couple new tga files but if you took it all they should also be there.I won´t be making any new changes now until you release a new version.Testing alone is bit hard since you will miss stuff.But with feedback its a lot easier.I did get it to phase that im happy with it, im sure there is still room to improvement.Really curious what will be the new units, there a many great units but im sure the new units will bring new content to the game.Keep up the good work and keep us posted

There were also couple new tga files but if you took it all they should also be there.I won´t be making any new changes now until you release a new version.Testing alone is bit hard since you will miss stuff.But with feedback its a lot easier.I did get it to phase that im happy with it, im sure there is still room to improvement.Really curious what will be the new units, there a many great units but im sure the new units will bring new content to the game.Keep up the good work and keep us posted
    Hello, i can actually send you a link to the unreleased version as i have it on dropbox right now. A user named Joms has also stated he wants to continue this project, and his name were Horsa before- he's one of the old team-leaders. I already gave him my version with your and my changes in it. There won'r be any new units as i haven't managed to get into contact with the creator of the units i wanted in WotN- i am not a unit creator and planned on using units from TLK.

But as that ain't happening the new content will be shortened down music (but it feels more epic in some places), your traits and ancillaries, bugfixes and a new hotseat-mode. All fully working, and i have already recorded a hotseat campaign for at least five hours. I will upload that soon too. The let's play uses the full scores though as i personally play with the old music-mod. But i am eager to play with the shortened down music as it has some new stuff in the loading screens and such.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Hello, i can actually send you a link to the unreleased version as i have it on dropbox right now. A user named Joms has also stated he wants to continue this project, and his name were Horsa before- he's one of the old team-leaders. I already gave him my version with your and my changes in it. There won'r be any new units as i haven't managed to get into contact with the creator of the units i wanted in WotN- i am not a unit creator and planned on using units from TLK.

But as that ain't happening the new content will be shortened down music (but it feels more epic in some places), your traits and ancillaries, bugfixes and a new hotseat-mode. All fully working, and i have already recorded a hotseat campaign for at least five hours. I will upload that soon too. The let's play uses the full scores though as i personally play with the old music-mod. But i am eager to play with the shortened down music as it has some new stuff in the loading screens and such.
    The unit thing is then if you can get permission for it but not necessary,im just glad to see that this mod is going forward .
    And awesome if a former teamleader is onboard.Post the link when you can i am interested about the unreleased version.The music thing is ok as you see it fit and great that you have been able to test and state that it is already fully working.

First post updated as i have posted a link through the MODDB-site to a recently upped download of the new version 2.0 beta.

New stuff: Hotseat-mode by me, traits and ancillaries by Juzy90, bugfixes by both- and changes regarding the music- no full scores are used anymore for the Vikings-themed music- only half the songs.

- The Havamal

Libertus

First post updated as i have posted a link through the MODDB-site to a recently upped download of the new version 2.0 beta.

New stuff: Hotseat-mode by me, traits and ancillaries by Juzy90, bugfixes by both- and changes regarding the music- no full scores are used anymore for the Vikings-themed music- only half the songs.
    That is awesome!I´m just having a slight problem, i cant access to tpb from moddb links it just says site not found.Do you use a proxy concerning tpb?Can you post the torrent in moddb or is there a risk concerning copyright issues if you post it somewhere else than tpb?

That is awesome!I´m just having a slight problem, i cant access to tpb from moddb links it just says site not found.Do you use a proxy concerning tpb?Can you post the torrent in moddb or is there a risk concerning copyright issues if you post it somewhere else than tpb?
    I was surprised myself about the link being removed and i don't know why that is- as other torrents have been on the site for ages..

Anyway, a new release is going to be released soon officially instead and without any copyrighted music.

I will do as the GoT 3.0 team has done- replace the names of the music to the original song names in the descr_sounds_music-file, and then anyone who has access to the songs will just need to add them to a music folder and remove some files to get it working.

The problem with the old version is the music is copyrighted of course. There should be no problem if i don't use the songs, and instead attach files compatible with the full scores. I will then list exactly what songs i did use. As for the songs not being in the TV-series, but instead being in the submod of TLK- or on youtube as folksongs, i will solve it somehow.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 01, 2016 at 02:21 PM.

- The Havamal

Libertus

I was surprised myself about the link being removed and i don't know why that is- as other torrents have been on the site for ages..

Anyway, a new release is going to be released soon officially instead and without any copyrighted music.

I will do as the GoT 3.0 team has done- replace the names of the music to the original song names in the descr_sounds_music-file, and then anyone who has access to the songs will just need to add them to a music folder and remove some files to get it working.

The problem with the old version is the music is copyrighted of course. There should be no problem if i don't use the songs, and instead attach files compatible with the full scores. I will then list exactly what songs i did use. As for the songs not being in the TV-series, but instead being in the submod of TLK- or on youtube as folksongs, i will solve it somehow.
    It was weird since the link was removed really fast hour or two after you posted it.Will be waiting for the new release no problem.It is great that you´re determined to solve the music issue.And it´s better to get these things resolved early since this will require out of the box thinking as you mentioned above.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345