Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Libertus

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS Official Stable BETA!

Hello Mr_Nygren, here are updated files of descr_walls,export_ancillaries and export_descr_ancillaries.New ancillaries and i tweaked the older ones mainly on text side.Also walls and gates have more health takes more time to breach them.Btw have you thought should something be done on the agents skills and ancillaries?They currently have none right now.I was thinking that adding the vanilla traits of mtw 2 back to this mod.I could also create new traits and ancillaries for the agents. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aoebvle13...YmYa2Kpha?dl=0

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Juzu90 View Post
    Hello Mr_Nygren, here are updated files of descr_walls,export_ancillaries and export_descr_ancillaries.New ancillaries and i tweaked the older ones mainly on text side.Also walls and gates have more health takes more time to breach them.Btw have you thought should something be done on the agents skills and ancillaries?They currently have none right now.I was thinking that adding the vanilla traits of mtw 2 back to this mod.I could also create new traits and ancillaries for the agents. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aoebvle13...YmYa2Kpha?dl=0
    Hello Juzy90. nice work=). I will add those updates to my version of the mod soon. I have been busy with other projects lately. But i have begun working with Medieval 2 since a week back. But not WotN i'm afraid. I have been testing things in SS. Also, i have begun work since yesterday on merging mod-files from WotN and another mod.

I have some plans for WotN if i get a positive response from the other mods creators.

You are free to do as you like. However, i am not an expert with traits and won't solve any bugs coming up from those. I may only add traits in if it's CTD-free. About agents, i am about to replace the models with other models if i get a positive answer.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello Juzy90. nice work=). I will add those updates to my version of the mod soon. I have been busy with other projects lately. But i have begun working with Medieval 2 since a week back. But not WotN i'm afraid. I have been testing things in SS. Also, i have begun work since yesterday on merging mod-files from WotN and another mod.

I have some plans for WotN if i get a positive response from the other mods creators.

You are free to do as you like. However, i am not an expert with traits and won't solve any bugs coming up from those. I may only add traits in if it's CTD-free. About agents, i am about to replace the models with other models if i get a positive answer.
    Ok i will be looking forward what the other creators think .About the traits, neither am i they are difficult especially on the trigger side and it would take alot of time to make them work perfect without ctd:s.I will keep doing something more maybe on agent side or if i get new ideas on other stuff.Btw SS is an excellent mod!

'I was thinking that adding the vanilla traits of mtw 2 back to this mod.I could also create new traits and ancillaries for the agents.
    Ok i will be looking forward what the other creators think
    i hate the vanilla traits, i think it makes for quite undefined characters.
    what i envisioned for traits is outlined in this thread that i copied from the dev-forum. all the code is posted there as well, though i never truly checked if it works as intended.

as for agents, i supose merchants were the one agent we certainly saw use for. generally i think there are usually too many agents around and they are too easy to obtain - they flood the map. in my opinion agents should be harder to recruit and fewer in number, making the ones one have got all the more important.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Ok i will be looking forward what the other creators think .About the traits, neither am i they are difficult especially on the trigger side and it would take alot of time to make them work perfect without ctd:s.I will keep doing something more maybe on agent side or if i get new ideas on other stuff.Btw SS is an excellent mod!
    I applied your files today, the older ones, and i like the turns and other stuff. I don't think the economy is that much different in the beginning though. You stil get bankrupt if you sit at home. Therefore i can't test much without expanding wich takes alot of time.

I will upgrade the files to your latest files soon. Also, you should use my music-mod. It's easy to apply if you change the three music files, descr_sound and descr_sound_music in the data-folder, and music types-file in world/maps/base. Then remove the two music files and event-files in your data/sounds folder. And replace them with the ones in my mod. Much better music for the period.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    i hate the vanilla traits, i think it makes for quite undefined characters.
    what i envisioned for traits is outlined in this thread that i copied from the dev-forum. all the code is posted there as well, though i never truly checked if it works as intended.

as for agents, i supose merchants were the one agent we certainly saw use for. generally i think there are usually too many agents around and they are too easy to obtain - they flood the map. in my opinion agents should be harder to recruit and fewer in number, making the ones one have got all the more important.
    I'll look into those traits when i get the time and interest. I am about to add a real berserker to the game now.

Btw, i want to replace the models for spies, assassins and diplomats (you guys used vanilla agents with new colours) with the ones in TLK. They use unique Agents. I hope they will allow that.

- The Havamal

I am done adding everything you modified juzu90. The only problem with turn numbers as years is it's alot more troublesome to keep track of when a CTD happened. How many turns in, and stuff like that- but it shouldn't be a problem in the stable beta anyway.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Thanks for the advice the musics starts to get bit repetetive after long plays.I wanted to make small changes which bring slight improvements and mainly due to increased diversity.When you test the date can be changed back to turn numbers from descr_strat and the part ;show_date_as_turns you remove only the ; .You intend to keep all agents,no removing them example assasin?Absinthia said that too many agents might flood the map.I dont have a clue how to reduce their maximum number since its building related.I think minimum is example one merchant per town.

Thanks for the advice the musics starts to get bit repetetive after long plays.I wanted to make small changes which bring slight improvements and mainly due to increased diversity.When you test the date can be changed back to turn numbers from descr_strat and the part ;show_date_as_turns you remove only the ; .You intend to keep all agents,no removing them example assasin?Absinthia said that too many agents might flood the map.I dont have a clue how to reduce their maximum number since its building related.I think minimum is example one merchant per town.
    Yes, you are right regarding some factions like Gutland and Gautland. They are in need of more music because it's annoying after awhile to hear the same songs. I will expand it with more music.

Regarding the assassins, no it's not a problem -as nothing is changed there regarding their numbers. And i don't intend to change it. What i want is to use unique models for the spies, assassins and merchants. I do like WotN's Princesses however. I am going to read up on replacing generals and stuff. I know what to do in the text-files, but i don't know how to create a texture-file for a captain/general/jarl/king/prince when i wanna use some other model from the game. I found some really cool models for Kings and generals, like the officer unit of Merksmann. I want to add at least two new models for leaders as there is only two when there could be four.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 19, 2016 at 06:13 PM.

- The Havamal

I am reworking all the songs in this current release as i am writing this. The new release will only use half the tracks, and i am also correcting some mistakes i made regarding tension and mobilize. The songs being cut are from the official Vikings soundtracks.

- The Havamal

Download very recently edited. All the official Vikings-songs have been cut in half. I have also changed places for some wrongly placed tension and mobilize songs. They are now in the area they were meant to be.Extra info.

Edit: The size of the download has gone down from 1.61 gb to 1.32 gb.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 08, 2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Extra Info.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Hello mr_nygren glad to see you keep up the good work.I have couple questions.Do you have any idea when you will be releasing update that includes everything up to date?And is there any feedback thread,if someone has any feedback or some ideas concerning the mod?I have been keeping making agent ancillaries and tweaking earlier ones.Had some good ideas about them.

Hello mr_nygren glad to see you keep up the good work.I have couple questions.Do you have any idea when you will be releasing update that includes everything up to date?And is there any feedback thread,if someone has any feedback or some ideas concerning the mod?I have been keeping making agent ancillaries and tweaking earlier ones.Had some good ideas about them.
    Hello, just create a feedback-thread if you want to.

I have been busy with many projects as of late- and i didn't want to upload my new version yet, because it ain't worked on enough yet to actually count as a new version. I updated the old download because i didn't want to use full songs.

The new version will have your changes, a hotseat-game -and some other stuff not added yet.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello, just create a feedback-thread if you want to.

I have been busy with many projects as of late- and i didn't want to upload my new version yet, because it ain't worked on enough yet to actually count as a new version. I updated the old download because i didn't want to use full songs.

The new version will have your changes, a hotseat-game -and some other stuff not added yet.
    The hotseat-game sounds awesome .I wondered earlier why it wasn´t before in it.I will try to create all the agent ancillaries that im working now before you release it so they might be in it too.Really glad that there is gonna be some other stuff too,this mod has much potential.

Libertus

I also had an idea about agent traits.Absinthia said that he hates vanilla traits in mtw.My idea is that maybe creating each agent type 3-5 base traits and they could get one of them upon creation,like family members have example strong and weak when coming to age and so on.For example the agent traits would affect their ability,line of sight,movement and personal security.This would take a lot of time and i could and would start doing this if i can get approval for it.

The hotseat-game sounds awesome .I wondered earlier why it wasn´t before in it.I will try to create all the agent ancillaries that im working now before you release it so they might be in it too.Really glad that there is gonna be some other stuff too,this mod has much potential.
    Yes, i always wondered about that too- as it bothered me, i always play hotseat games with myself.

Okay great, i need to actually start working again -i tend to get lazy at times.

- The Havamal

I also had an idea about agent traits.Absinthia said that he hates vanilla traits in mtw.My idea is that maybe creating each agent type 3-5 base traits and they could get one of them upon creation,like family members have example strong and weak when coming to age and so on.For example the agent traits would affect their ability,line of sight,movement and personal security.This would take a lot of time and i could and would start doing this if i can get approval for it.
    Well, i only became one of the developers because of Absinthia. If he's against such traits then so am i. You have to persuade him to give you permission. I don't really care about traits that much. I want more units and new looks for agents etc.

- The Havamal

Download removed from MOD-DB because of connections between the download and me. I did change the official tracks to half songs, instead of whole songs -as of may the eight -2016. And i know that mods like Third Age: TW, Game of Thrones: TW, Morgulis TW and so on uses parts or full songs from official soundtracks.

However, i do not want to risk any consequences by being the "uploader".

If anyone wants to use a site like the torrent-sites, then feel free to do that. I just don't want a connection between the upload of the music-files and my official MOD-DB account. If anyone wants to upload it on another anonymous site then feel free to do as you like.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 13, 2016 at 08:43 AM.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Hi there,i believe i am now finished with agent ancillaries for now also couple new ones for generals.I made everything i had ideas for.You can take them from my dropbox new tga files also.export_ancillaries.text and export_descr_ancillaries.text.There are mainly only one common ancillary for some agents and 2-4 per every agent, there are no ctd:s what i tested.I did like before i did them on 1.5 wotn files.If you copy them from file, copy everything since there is new stuff between the older ones.It is easier for me to keep track of everything when they have exact order.If there are bugs now or you wish to have something changed,let me know i will fix them.

Libertus

Hi there,mr_nygren you still working on this, or have you been working on some other project?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast