Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer vs. Warhammer total war

Default Call of Warhammer vs. Warhammer total war

so here is the question, who will still play this mod and who will switch over to warhammer total war? (ps. also please remember that games workshop is involved with Warhammer total war design and selling and CA/s and Sega"s past history on games)

Default Re: Call of Warhammer vs. Warhammer total war

Well, Europa Barbarorum, De Bello Mundi, Paeninsula Italica, and of course RTW and its mods are still all actively played and developed, and Rome II came (and went).
    IMO, they're very different things. Even my team's submod, which is a little closer to what TW:W is selling, is still really different.
    TW:W will eventually be the more detailed and expansive game, after all the expansions and DLC, and it's definitely got better eyecandy. But COW has less system requirements, and you don't need to pay for any of the additional content coming out.
    I'll play both, and I think a lot of other people will, too. People still like Warhammer Fantasy Battles and RPG even though Age of Sigmar came out, too.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, I've already pre-ordered W:TW (yes, I'm a total sucker), but that hasn't stopped me from spending tons of time developing Beginning of the End Times with Whiff. If TW:W is legitimately better than BotET in every way, I'll happily switch over. It's just that from what I've heard about the regional occupation mechanic, all the DLC, and the lack of starting content, I somehow doubt it...

Well CoW renders unplayable still due to its massive amounts of bugs, and i believe that we can quite safely expect CA to make that game at least slightly playable at release. So i think it will be TW Warhammer in this case.

Comes Limitis

^I for one have no such problems. Im amped about WTW, but I think COW will have some mayor edges over WTW. For one we have all the empire factions playable with much more unit variety, which also affects gameplay, like playing Stirland archer-heavy, Wissenland cannon heavy, Ostland hammer/anvil heavy etc. Also Chaos is very varaible this way, though more an eyecandy difference. Then the MTW2 engine feels allot better suited for hack/slasch periods compared to RTW2 etc. Hope WTW does some mayor overhauls to how units behave.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

@OP
    Why one or the other? We don't even know how WTW will be. We know how CoW is, and we freaking love it which is why we're in this subforum. What's the point of this thread? I doubt anyone reading this won't at least try WTW, maybe even love it, but no one who likes CoW will stop liking it in any case. Let's not try to make antagonisms where there are none.
    Last edited by DeVrie; February 03, 2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: addressing OP
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Yeah, I've already pre-ordered W:TW (yes, I'm a total sucker), but that hasn't stopped me from spending tons of time developing Beginning of the End Times with Whiff. If TW:W is legitimately better than BotET in every way, I'll happily switch over. It's just that from what I've heard about the regional occupation mechanic, all the DLC, and the lack of starting content, I somehow doubt it...
    you sir are making my "buying the new game" thing very hard with your damn awesome contents xD

Even with those Mods like Third Age or Call of Warhammer, Medieval 2 is a 9 years old game with its weaknesses. You can chance the map, add new units etc but the Medieval 2 basic gameplay will always be preserved. The only thing you can hope is that Warhammer:TW is not extremely Hardcoded (what i doubt).

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    total war WARHAMMER is better, because is with english language
    Yes, how dare the Russian mod team not conform to our linguistic standards. To the Warp with them!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Rome 2 was released but I still play RSII and EB and EB2 so I will probably do the same. I will wait for a 75% off on steam and then will buy WTW but I think I will never quit playing CoW. Never!

A man with my own heart, yeah firstly lets think that medieval 2 is one of the greatest TW games so far in my opinion (along with shogun 2) all the mods i have played (and i still do) are awesome
    so ROME 2 fancy quiet good graphics i play it but i am no enjoyin it as M2TW and S2:TW
    W:TW yeah it will be a beutifull game with a lot of animations and beautifull graphics but some factions can conquer holds, some others cities and some others they cannot be conquered (I think nosca is one of em)
    So the verdict yeah ill play W:TW when it out for 75% in the game and all the dlc. But still i dont think the amount of content in W:TW will be the similar to CoW , neither i would have the same fan as i have in COW , COW is a masterpiece in its own right a lot of work has been done the amount and the level of detail are impressive, and though it there is another sub mod i am waiting BOTET (begining of the end times) i dont think W:TW will be as fun as COW not by a long shot mostly because i dont care about the graphics and if i take out the graphics then W:TW realy cant reach COW.

As a Warhammer addict I wanted to preorder this one too, but I remembered Rome 2 and then the Chaos DLC debacle started. I will not buy and play it unless in years from now it's on a 9.99 sale. CoW is amazing in spite of the bugs (also less than in full AAA game ) I have the outmost respect for the crazy amount of work that the team has put in it and the quality they delivered. Props to Gigantus for doing the hardwork to compile everything in RotG. Medieval is imo a better suited platform for Warhammer
    ( formations not blobs, cohesion instead of gliding, dancing soldiers ). So no TW Warhammer for me.

Found this while waiting for warhammer total war. I love this mod. Hopefully i love the official game and thus play both!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Please refrain from derogatory statements against a specific nationality. It is considered insulting according to ToS. Thanks.

I think I will play both, no doubt total war warhammer will be freaking sweet but COW will always have a special place in my heart. That mod has givin me hundreds of hours of game play(dispite little bug here and there) and honestly re kindled my love of warhammer fantasy. It will take a few games before TW warhammer reaches the amount of content thats is in COW.

Tiro

Total War: Warhammer. It's not even debatable tbh. While the work with this mod is commendable it will never come anywhere near close and TW: Warhammer(the mod is pretty unplayable actually) will without doubt have considerably less crashes on Win 10 systems(which it's actually made for).

In case that i dont like the Interface and Options since Rome total War 2 i prefer to stay with the Mod. I was always a Gouvernour and love to build my Cities to the maximum and watch them become bigger and prosper. That Rome 2 Provincial System with 3 - 6 Building Options sry NOT ACCEPTABLE. Also the Units.. in the Vanilla maybe 6 - 9 Unit Options also NOT ACCEPTABLE. I played Rome II with a mod (Divide et Impera) maybe 3 hours a Week. But COW i play now since COW as it started.. than i played countless hours Rage of Dark Gods 1.5.1 and now i play every evening hours for hours the new 1.6 Beta. I love this game so much and it helps me so much to come down after a hard day. But still i have to say im very angry.... that there is not a tiny growth in the new Version.. that makes me struggle to stick to 1.6. Like i said i love to build cities. The growth of Cities in 1.5.1 was to high and to fast.. cities get to fast to big. But the 0% growth in 1.6 is also for me NOT ACCEPATABLE . Isnt there a chance to sap the growth for all cities at 0.5%?

@Sigmar Heldenhamer: you should create a poll at the top of this thread.

Personally: I will wait for the reviews of the new Warhammer Total War before buying it - Rome 2 just burned me too bad. And from what I read, they are not adding naval combat to the game (total annoyance - since they did a decent job with it in terms of mechanics within Rome 2)

If the reviews are good - and the game is worth a buy - I will most likely end up playing both
    Because I want to have all factions available regardless if I pre-order or not lol. Also I love the ability to modify my game - and such options will most certainly NOT be available until probably a decade after WTW's release.

@godwrote - just search the forums I'm sure you can easily modify your game to have growth!

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Total Warhammer will most likely be preferable as it continues to be developed. Call of Warhammer currently has more diversity and variety than Warhammer will until later.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Total War Warhammer, probably, because it probably won't crash constantly. (at least I hope so)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast