Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Unit Cards For DeI

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Unit Cards For DeI

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    I wasn't trying to be unkind to the creator(s) of these new units, that's why I said IMHO. I applaud their efforts. But when I look at them they seem lower res and too bright and colorful when compared to other new units in the mod. It could just be me so don't take my opinion too seriously. I am probably in the minority here.
    Don't worry we appreciate every opinion. If something needs imrovememt I'm sure we'll take care of it.

I see what you mean aesthetically, I just have a personal interest in defending them since I know how much work went into them So of course I am biased!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

just personal suggestion - how about support AE mod for adding standard flag models.[like seleucid..]

hey Sourav, fantastic cards btw, DEI would not be complete without them!

Just noticed a bugged unit card (the unit was bugged when card was made - my fault!) its the "Massalian Ligurian Infantry" unit, he is missing a helmet.

I have fixed the unit, but will need to wait for Dresden's next update/fix pack or alternativly use the Carthage Ligurian infantry or AOR unit as a basis as they look the same in game. Would be sweet to get one with the horned helmet!

That horned helmet is exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    hey Sourav, fantastic cards btw, DEI would not be complete without them!

Just noticed a bugged unit card (the unit was bugged when card was made - my fault!) its the "Massalian Ligurian Infantry" unit, he is missing a helmet.

I have fixed the unit, but will need to wait for Dresden's next update/fix pack or alternativly use the Carthage Ligurian infantry or AOR unit as a basis as they look the same in game. Would be sweet to get one with the horned helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by sourav View Post
    That's great Sourav.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

@Sourav amazing job with those unit cards man! Are you still active in area of making new unit cards? If so then may I suggest taking a look at Athens roster? It was overhauled some time ago however some units use unit cards of other units (for example athenian elite tarantines). Would be amazing to see Athenian troops having appropriate unit cards in the mod
    Cheers!

Tadux's Avatar Laetus

Not to be rude or anything, I know a lot of work goes into making these unit cards, but in my personal opinion these look ugly af... much prefer the vanila unit cards, preferably even the bullgod art style unit cards, just a shame that these unit cards don't come as a separate submod from the main mod, that way I don't have to waste time looking into how to go around this personal problem, and from what I've heard there are other people with the same issue of this mod. Oh well, still nice work tho ngl.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The units cards are cool to me.
    Yes some could be better but, you know, hoping that someone does a perfect job for unit cards is a big request, there are a LOT of work hours behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadux View Post
    Not to be rude or anything, I know a lot of work goes into making these unit cards, but in my personal opinion these look ugly af... much prefer the vanila unit cards, preferably even the bullgod art style unit cards, just a shame that these unit cards don't come as a separate submod from the main mod, that way I don't have to waste time looking into how to go around this personal problem, and from what I've heard there are other people with the same issue of this mod. Oh well, still nice work tho ngl.
    Τhat's actually very rude of you. To each his own, but the words you chose to state your preferences is disturbing the least.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadux View Post
    Yes indeed you do have a personal problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Τhat's actually very rude of you. To each his own, but the words you chose to state your preferences is disturbing the least.
    I second that opinion. No need for trashtalk here...

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The unit cards before RII release wasn’t well received anyway. I can see the classic style that went for, but I am no expert. I think it tried to emulate Rome 1 but didn’t. It’s a feature that I think the Empire Divided UI is far more suitable. Otherwise it’s been there for 5 years and it won’t change.

Also for Indian model, I would love to see a change to the Governor model and feature a Brahmin or Rishi in the near future.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 07, 2018 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Double Posting

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    The unit cards before RII release wasn’t well received anyway. I can see the classic style that went for, but I am no expert. I think it tried to emulate Rome 1 but didn’t. It’s a feature that I think the Empire Divided UI is far more suitable. Otherwise it’s been there for 5 years and it won’t change.

Also for Indian model, I would love to see a change to the Governor model and feature a Brahmin or Rishi in the near future.
    Please start using the edit button mate. You're one of my most favorite no edit button offenders.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 07, 2018 at 04:54 AM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please start using the edit button mate. You're one of my most favorite no edit button offenders.
    Will do!

Site takes a while to get used too - but np!

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Will do!

Site takes a while to get used too - but np!
    I'd appreciate it!

And you don't want to end up on the Moderator's blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    And you don't want to end up on the Moderator's blacklist
    Ι'm a very sensitive guy, deeply inside though.

Are all the posted unit cards now included in the latest DEI release?
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/